4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Which first

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:09 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Which first

Catback or CAI/TB/Plenum first?

I was looking at this -> https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...hp?msg_id=1617

it's a MAC straight shot intake with 85mm Mass-Air, Accufab 75mm TB, C&L upper intake plenum. I was thinking either that or a K&N FIPK for $200 and getting a Accufab 75mm TB and C&L upper intake plenum combo from the same place for $330.

I was looking at getting a Magnaflow Catback system for $480 otherwise. I figure both are roughly the same price I think I would get more performance from the intake system over the exhaust but the exhaust is something that has to be done from the go for the best results for later mods (at least I think).
Old 07-20-2004, 01:22 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Which first

unless you are going to run forced induction get a 70mm t/b... but if you want the 75mm- get the one from rpmoutlet-i am pretty sure that modular depot did a test and the accufab combo gave the most hp gain
Old 07-20-2004, 02:10 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Exhaustg is ALWAYS the best thing to start with. Get a set of Longtubes, a good X pipe and a Magnaflow cat back. You will be really impressed at the power difference you will have afterwards. Cold Air Intake is another good one. WWW.Densecharger.COM

If I were you I wouldnt mess with the plenum or T/B until you get into different internals because just those two being upgraded is only worth about 5 to 10 hp, whuch SUCKS for the amount of money you are going to pay.

Thats just my opinion of how you should go about modding.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:13 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Exhaustg is ALWAYS the best thing to start with. Get a set of Longtubes, a good X pipe and a Magnaflow cat back. You will be really impressed at the power difference you will have afterwards. Cold Air Intake is another good one. WWW.Densecharger.COM

If I were you I wouldnt mess with the plenum or T/B until you get into different internals because just those two being upgraded is only worth about 5 to 10 hp, whuch SUCKS for the amount of money you are going to pay.

Thats just my opinion of how you should go about modding.
jdan is da man, listen to him grasshopper