4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

General Exclaim UHP (the New Secret Tire weapon? or POS?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default General Exclaim UHP (the New Secret Tire weapon? or POS?)

Ok so a few days ago Im cleaning my car. Checking oil, Checking filters, inspecting tires etc.. and I find that my stock tires (cooper) are jus about ran there life so I say ok I need new tires. I run Size: 245/45WR17 normal stock size

So I check around and check out pricing etc.. now I dont have a lot of $ to throw around on my rides tires $400 or so the max so I wanna find an afforable performance tire at a resonable price. I do some research and I find this General Exclaim UHP Size: 245/45WR17 tire. Suppose to be a budget tire made to contend with the big boys (goodyear, bridgestone, etc..) Now of course I go to the reviews and test results and from what I can gather this is a damn good set of tires to get. All the details and Reviews on it you can find here Click here

Now this thing has done extremely well in tests and have gotten damn good reviews so I said what the hell I buy a set of 4. Total came to $360 or so with shipping not bad for a set of new rubber. Now I wont be able to tell you how they react until saturday which is when I can get over to the hot rod shop and mount these tires on the rim, Balance and align them and use some Nitrofill. Not bad for 360$ and get 4 brand new tires, Alignment, Blanacing, nitrofill but yea I do all the work but hey im saving $$ so what the hell!

I am excited to test these tires out I got them today from UPS and they are unique I will post some pictures to show u guys.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50413/B060075D284349F490CA12FB808D7224.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/50413/04D3AE1355214EDAA60749A7C1B6E120.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Default RE: General Exclaim UHP (the New Secret Tire weapon? or POS?)

nice... they don't look too bad... General Grabbers... that's the tires I had on the 77 (the ones it cam with) and they weren't too shabby... but that's 20 year old technology!!!! So good luck with the new tread.... and i like the early 70's camaro... +1
Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

I had 33x12.5's on the 95 2500. They're awesome in the snow which says alot for an allterrain tire that wide
Old 10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dubarado

nice... they don't look too bad... General Grabbers... that's the tires I had on the 77 (the ones it cam with) and they weren't too shabby... but that's 20 year old technology!!!! So good luck with the new tread.... and i like the early 70's camaro... +1
Yea that camaro has been a sweet ride for me and a sleeper =) until my tranny went TH400 gotta drop it out and see what happend . 350 Chevy SB N/a tapping the high 11's. I always get **** when i go to the track with it. There like noway your hitting high 11's low 12's in that lead sled. Any faster then 11.50 I would have to have a roll cage so im like pushing it.. Been running it for over a year with those 1/4 times Thanks to my friends at my hot rod shop who helped me build that engine from the bottom up with (Secret recipe) . Im jus sorry I didnt take the time to do the tranny myself had another shop do a rebuild and now its ****ed so Im gonna go back there and lay the smackdown[:@].

But now Im more focused on the new age mustang stuff 04 and later they are very impressive they dont the credit they deserve imo.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

Yea that camaro has been a sweet ride for me and a sleeper =) until my tranny went TH400 gotta drop it out and see what happend . 350 Chevy SB N/a tapping the high 11's. I always get **** when i go to the track with it. There like noway your hitting high 11's low 12's in that lead sled. Any faster then 11.50 I would have to have a roll cage so im like pushing it.. Been running it for over a year with those 1/4 times Thanks to my friends at my hot rod shop who helped me build that engine from the bottom up with (Secret recipe) . Im jus sorry I didnt take the time to do the tranny myself had another shop do a rebuild and now its ****ed so Im gonna go back there and lay the smackdown[:@].

But now Im more focused on the new age mustang stuff 04 and later they are very impressive they dont the credit they deserve imo.
Gotta love sleepers!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Gotta love sleepers!!!!
LOL yes.. good example of this is the Buick Grand national. A guy I knew had one and man o man was that thing fast!!! and only v-6 supercharged!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:43 AM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

Dragging this one back out of the closet. I'm about to get some new meats and was looking at em. $79 a pop right now at the rack. Steve04GT how are they working out?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:49 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

i don't think cooper's are stock equipment, the goodyear gatorbacks were on mine.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:49 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

LOL yes.. good example of this is the Buick Grand national. A guy I knew had one and man o man was that thing fast!!! and only v-6 supercharged!!!
stock its a turboed v6... someone told me the other day they run high 12's stock, is that true?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:59 AM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

I always get **** when i go to the track with it. There like noway your hitting high 11's low 12's in that lead sled.
Lead Sled? That '73 F car had the exact same underbody as my '72 Nova X car. With a SB, TH-350, an Aluminum Radiator, Iron Heads and some Weld Alum rims I was weighing in at 3,120 pounds. I would bet that Camaro of yours isnt much over that. My 04 NE is in at 3,300 pounds, so in essence, our NEs are the REAL lead sleds. But anyway.......hows those tires treating you?

P.S. to mvr: Grand Nationals are (IMO) one of the most ugly *** 80s piles around (G body platform), BUT the 3.8L turbo in those things does have the ability to run high 12s just on slicks and a good driver, those cars are not to be f-ed with. Same motor they used in the GMC Typhoon and Cyclone AWD pick-ups that did a fair deal of *** hauling themselves.

Quick Reply: General Exclaim UHP (the New Secret Tire weapon? or POS?)