4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

94 GT PLEASE HELP

Old 07-24-2004, 08:40 PM
sx192

Default 94 GT PLEASE HELP

Alright, so I take my 94 gt automatic to this backyard mechanic and have him fix my ac. He said I had some electrical problems which he couldn't identify and he had to bypass something to get my ac fixing.

Two weeks later: My ac breaks and my fan goes with it. When I turn it on it freaks out and makes noises that are scarier than the new pictures of Britney Spears (how did she get so fat?!)... Also, when I step on it my amps go thru the roof. My stereo will cut out, and so will all interior lights. Starting is questionable. It barely turns over. My battery is fine. Alternator problems???

Please, any and all advice will be helpful THANKS
Old 07-24-2004, 08:45 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 94 GT PLEASE HELP

get a basebll bat and pay a visit to the backyard mechanic.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:07 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Dam, man. I wish I could help you out. I hate backyard mechanics and I have this really cool soft ball bat that im sure he would hate to meet, although I would love to introduce it to him. I NEVER mess with those guys again myself. I did that once with my F150 and after that guy got done putting on my water pump I had to have the whole engine rebuilt. It was terrible.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately you will probably have to eat this one and take it to a reputable shop.A lot of these backyard wrenches are OK when it comes to working on lawnmowers but a technical nightmare like the one you have is something else.It sounds to me that he started jumping wires untill the A/C started running and it has blown seals or ruined the compressor by running it dry(no lube oil).As far as getting any satisfaction ,forget it.A reputable shop is just that,and a freelance wrench has no reputation to lose.

Search this Thread