4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

'97 Cobra VS '99 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 08:31 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: '97 Cobra VS '99 GT

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

stock vs stock any 4.6 cobra will beat any gt. straight line or in the curves.
mach1-the 96-98 cobras had solid axles.

This article...proves what i said...I would take your bet nomo..

http://www.stangbangers.com/99_Musta...mp_Article.htm
Old 07-31-2004, 08:54 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

nice article. but, it doenst compare the 2.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:03 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

nice article. but, it doenst compare the 2.
Go to www.stangbangers.com

Plenty of articles on 96-98 cobras...included are the 0-60, 1/4, 0-100 and even 0-130 times....every thing you need to see that the 99+ GT performace equals or even better the 96-98 and 99 Cobra's.

Also they have a 12 second completely STOCK LS1 maro...
Old 08-01-2004, 04:01 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

Dub, killed every stock GT I ever raced with my cobra when it was stock. That isn't an opinion, a fact, not some article on an internet website. GT's are awesome cars, cobras are better.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:51 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TheAntiRice

Dub, killed every stock GT I ever raced with my cobra when it was stock. That isn't an opinion, a fact, not some article on an internet website. GT's are awesome cars, cobras are better.
Well that's your opinion Mr. Anti-Rice...I've beaten alot of cobra's with my GT as well....I don't know why i even bother to post facts, because some of you idiots still don't get it...even when it's right there in front of you. GT's are a better buy...99 Cobras and 99 GT = Drivers race.

96-98 Cobra versus 99 GT....The 99 GT will most likely win.

96-98 Cobras are low 14 second cars...around 14.1-14.3
99 GT's are very high 13 low 14 second car's 13.9 14.2
Old 08-01-2004, 03:00 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

96-98 Cobra's vs 99+ GT's with identical drivers = The Cobra will win. I agree that it will be a close race, but there were far more 96-98 Cobra's hitting 13's stock than the very very few 99+ GT's that ever did.

Dub, I really dislike your attitude, seems like every other post you make is calling someone an idiot or some other name - really if you had valid arguments you wouldn't have to resort to name calling to get your point across.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:09 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

96-98 Cobra's vs 99+ GT's with identical drivers = The Cobra will win. I agree that it will be a close race, but there were far more 96-98 Cobra's hitting 13's stock than the very very few 99+ GT's that ever did.

Dub, I really dislike your attitude, seems like every other post you make is calling someone an idiot or some other name - really if you had valid arguments you wouldn't have to resort to name calling to get your point across.
I was waiting for you to take a shot at me, and i knew you would after my last post...You know this forum was doing alot better before you came BACK here. Since your return all you have done is post ***** and take shots at black people EVERY CHANCE YOU GET...One more time MD and i'm going to admin with it..

98 LS1 came on here and posted a topic called "Silly Black men" and you posted some off the wall racist bull ****. Nothing was done about it, and alot of people black and white were offened by it...LATER some kids post another topic and he wasn't even talking about black people but you saw your chance and took the opportunity to blast us once more...Even your wife told you to edit that post, but you didn't...and i set your *** straight... Words of advice to you...Keep on post whoring and stop trying to attack people who stand up to your bull$hit....I know your smarter than that. AT LEAST I HOPE YOU ARE.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

You need some Prozac or something, and some reading glasses as well. Hehe you say I take shots at black people every chance I get? Dude get with the program.

I said, in the "silly black men" thread (go look for yourself) simply "silly black me, they should be doing something constructive - like working or something". Now that did not offend anyone. What offended people were the comments that followed saying things that were not related to what I said. Now if you got offended by that then you must be unemployed yourself or something - the comment was not race related. Secondly, OB made a comment about black comics saying racial things all the time and nobody gets offended ... and I said something to the effect of "fo shizzle" or something like that... I said in another thread somewhere that I honestly stereotype people based on their looks and the way they talk - that simply means that first impressions mean alot to me - and if you dress like a thug then Im gonna assume your a thug until you prove otherwise. If you dress like a responsible intelligent individual than Im gonna assume you are until you prove otherwise. If you act like a d!ck head that likes to cause problems then Im gonna assume you are until you prove otherwise.

Report that to an admin. I don't like threats - either do it or STFU.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:03 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

You need some Prozac or something, and some reading glasses as well. Hehe you say I take shots at black people every chance I get? Dude get with the program.

I said, in the "silly black men" thread (go look for yourself) simply "silly black me, they should be doing something constructive - like working or something". Now that did not offend anyone. What offended people were the comments that followed saying things that were not related to what I said. Now if you got offended by that then you must be unemployed yourself or something - the comment was not race related. Secondly, OB made a comment about black comics saying racial things all the time and nobody gets offended ... and I said something to the effect of "fo shizzle" or something like that... I said in another thread somewhere that I honestly stereotype people based on their looks and the way they talk - that simply means that first impressions mean alot to me - and if you dress like a thug then Im gonna assume your a thug until you prove otherwise. If you dress like a responsible intelligent individual than Im gonna assume you are until you prove otherwise. If you act like a d!ck head that likes to cause problems then Im gonna assume you are until you prove otherwise.

Report that to an admin. I don't like threats - either do it or STFU.
STEROTYING is nothing more than RACIAL PROFILING..Keep it up playa....Like i said your being watched.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:16 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Why do you always have to play the race card? All this crap got started because I posted:

"seems like every other post you make is calling someone an idiot or some other name - really if you had valid arguments you wouldn't have to resort to name calling to get your point across"

Why do you have to constantly bring race into the equation. You manufactured the other statements I made into meaning that I don't like black people - when the reality is I just don't like you. Now are you going to answer the question or are you gonna make some more **** up - you said you "knew" I was going to say something to you about the post you made calling people who disagreed with you "idiots", why did you feel that way, did you know that it was wrong?

Quick Reply: '97 Cobra VS '99 GT