4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Densecharger Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 05:45 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Densecharger Intake??

ORIGINAL: Redline03GT

Lets make this simple. If you are running boost like the 03 Cobra, then Densecharger should be your number 1 choice. But If you are N/A with minor mods, the Densecharger makes relatively no more hp and performance gains then say a cheaper MAC or BBK. I will say that Mr. DeMolet is a very friendly guy who offers great service, and thats a plus for Densecharger.

Let me start by saying that you guys are nuts. I will give a N/A GT a 10 to 15 HP boost, with the 85mm ProM MAM, which isnt very noticable in the seat but you WILL notice it in your quarter mile times. Yes, it is better for the FI Cobra with a gain of 20 to 25hp. Any kind of plastic fender kit will give you better performance simply because it isnt sitting in the engine bay sucking down hot air.

EDIT: It is well worth $280 bucks. The less you pay, the less performance you're gonna get, hence the term "you get what you pay for."
Old 08-07-2004, 10:38 PM
JHonor
2nd Gear Member

I had a Densecharger on my 02 GT for a while. It eventually cracked, but it did ok. I recently replaced it with the MAC Straight Shot, which has a new MAM welded into it. It works good, but I can't really give you numbers or anything, and I had it put on with a C&L Plenum and 75mm TB. The set up is nice though; the high RPM power is great. A lot of people say Cold Air kits do nothing, and I would agree that they do little on an NA car. But I will say that the MAC surprised me; you can feel this one.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

oooook when it comes to moding your car its friggin expensive. nooo way around it.
alot of times when you get a cheep product its because there is very little resarch around the product and very little money put into that product.

if you want the best quality and the best results from anything you put on your car your gonna have to pay some money. C&L and denscharger are identical in price in most places these two companys have put alot of reasearch into makeing there intake get the best numbers possable.

if you wanna buy a dryer hose with a k&n slaped on the end for $40 go ahead.

you get what u pay for.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:00 AM
dawssvt
3rd Gear Member

alright, thanks guys for your imputs, i purchased my Densecharger intake a few nights ago, i am hoping for the best. How does it sound on cars?? Will you be able to hear it??
Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I put mine on last night (full length with 85MM MAF). I can't really tell how it sounds or performs because I put the prochamber on at the same time without an inbetween drive.

I can tell you the two of them do quite well together. I'll post more about it later.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

I have a Densecharger, and compared to the K&N FIPK2 that my friend has on his GT, it's a lot better, not to mention cheaper. I don't see the need to spend the $ on the 85mm MAF, I ordered the $160 full length and could tell a difference in mine in 2nd gear, but I'm running auto.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:34 PM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fat Nick

I have a Densecharger, and compared to the K&N FIPK2 that my friend has on his GT, it's a lot better, not to mention cheaper. I don't see the need to spend the $ on the 85mm MAF, I ordered the $160 full length and could tell a difference in mine in 2nd gear, but I'm running auto.
thats exactly when i feel a difference in my car, right at 2nd gear, at about 3500rpm's. i also didnt see the need to spend the extra money on MAF since we already have 80mm stock.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I agree that with 85mm or without won't FEEL much difference, especially until upper RPMs. In truth, I got a great deal on mine and so I bought the whole thing. However, I think the bigger MAF DOES prepare your engine (intake) for bigger better mods down the road probably. If you are looking for HP per dollar, 85mm MAF may be a good thing to skip. I think I'll do the march underdrives, larger TB, tri-ax, predetor and then call it quits (in addition to what I already have).
Old 08-21-2004, 12:40 AM
steeda1982
2nd Gear Member

go with the JLT, Steeda, or K&N FIPK.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:42 AM
gt0389
1st Gear Member

i just got the fipk and its pretty nice and the price is nicer.

Quick Reply: Densecharger Intake??