Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-10-2003, 05:24 PM   #1
GTstangster

Default New to this stang thang

I recently had a civic hatchback with a fully built acura integra motor implanted, well actually almost fully built. The best track time was in the mid to low 13's. It sucks to spend 5 grand, and only reach 13's, when I go to the track and see all those domestics hittin 11's and 12's all day, that sucks even more. So I sold the rice rocket and got me a 99 stang GT. Never really fixed up any domestics before, I don't know where to begin. so now I would like to know if anyone out there got some info on where to start first. What do I need to get into the 12's???? Also around how much will it cost to get me into the 12's? Thanks a lot.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

First of all, congratulations on coming over to OUR side. Wont it be great to drop a few grand and go 11's instead of 13's?!?!?!?!?! Id start off with a cold air system, cat back exhaust and gears. That way you'll feel and hear a difference right off the bat! Dont know too much about 4.6 mods yet as I am about to buy my first mod motored stang in another week. (Also a 99 GT) Let me know what you find out about the 4.6. And good luck!!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 11:26 PM   #3
spike306
2nd Gear Member

lloyd's right, and congrats once again!!!! you have started off in the right direction
spike306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 09:04 PM   #4
devins

Personally I would go with a supercharger from the get go. It's tempting to buy the $100 to $200 items here and there to gain 5/10 HP but you won't feel that little of a change. I know $2/3K is expensive initially but trust me it's well worth the power increase.
devins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #5
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

But eventually you'll want to add on all the little stuff anyway. Anyone who doesnt feel a difference with a gear change is probably comatose. LOL
Old 03-12-2003, 12:50 AM   #6
noslow50
I ♥ Acer

actaully i have read this articel whre this one guy put nos maf injectors and a fuel pump cai and exhaust.. he was runnin low 12's..... plus if u jet the nos correct save were and tear on the motor.. and besides the mod motors can take alot before they give...
noslow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:20 PM   #7
91GT5.0
2nd Gear Member

Are 4.6's unibody? If so, I'd go with subframes too. Nitrous is cheap, easy HP, but I had a plan when I got my car that I wanted to do all the supporting mods and stuff first. Then again, my car was mostly for street/daily driver responsibilities, not for track but a couple times a year, and I was always afraid of putting a power adder on an engine with 140K+ miles. I'd rather be N/A and go fast (for now) because a fast N/A car always gets more respect than a forced induction/power adder car. Not that I don't respect those type of cars, I want a power adder like no other, but it all depends on your priorities. I did all the supporting mods first so I could get bigger gains later.

(And as much as I preach about getting gears installed 1st thing, I have had a set of 3.55's in my room for over a year now. Some people are just stupid I guess)
91GT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:36 PM   #8
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

N/a vs a blown or nitrous car has nothing to do with respect. The respect is given to the fast ones. You dont get respect when your N/A car loses to a blown car.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:15 AM   #9
noslow50
I ♥ Acer

a mustang has been a unibody from 1964....and still is.... i would reinforce the car first...wouldn't want to twist it like a preztel...lol
noslow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #10
91GT5.0
2nd Gear Member

<blockquote>Quote: Originally posted by lloydchristmas on 12 March 2003<hr>
N/a vs a blown or nitrous car has nothing to do with respect. The respect is given to the fast ones. You dont get respect when your N/A car loses to a blown car.

<hr></blockquote>

True. . . but that wasn't my point. But given that two cars are equally fast, one N/A and one with a power adder, which one will you look at with more respect? Maybe respect isn't the word I'm looking for, but I'd be much more impressed with a car that runs 12's N/A than I would with a car that runs 12's with a blower or nitrous.

91GT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
stang, thang