4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally getting a V8!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:58 AM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally getting a V8!!!

Alright, so a couple of years ago I was gun ho about getting a mustang. But I was one of those high school teenagers with not a lot of money and just jumped at the chance to get the first mustang I found that was in good condition with okay mileage. So I found a black 2000 Mustang v6 with 70,000 miles on it. So, I purchased that first stang for 6300. Well I've driven that thing and treated it as my baby, but over time your body wants more power, I mean it's just a natural thirst you get. Thought about engine swaps, mods, but in order to get the same horsepower you're just looking at too much money in the long run. Couple weeks ago I drove by what I thought was a 1996 Mustang Cobra with a Saleen body kit and Cobra R hood. I figured the car was way too pricey, but just wanted a look. I went and saw it was a 1996 Mustang GT 5 speed with 75000 miles on it, with the Saleen body kit and Cobra R wheels. The only thing that I didn't like was the fake badging. The price was a good 8600 ended up talking him down to 7750. Not bad. So I called the guy and found out that the thing has more horsepower than the stock cobra of that year (so he says).

It may sound dumb to tell you all, but I don't have any car enthusiasts in my family and any speck of car loving to them is devoted to the bow tie. So I was desperatly longing to tell someone who might be interested a little about the car.

Powerdyne supercharger
BBK castor camber plates
RC engineering 30lb injectors
MAC CAI
200 ltr hour inline fuel pump
Jamex progressive rate lowering springs
Summit battery trunk relocate kit
A-pillar Gauges
in dash DVD player (not that important overall, but still a nice addition.)
160 mph speedometer with multicolored backlight switch like the new 05+
Billet accessories
There's some more but I can't really remember much. The only big problems with the car is the windshield needs replaced (estimated at $285, drivers side lock doesn't work right, and passenger window doesn't work but he says he has everything to fix it, and the headlamp bracket is broken so there is potential for the headlight to fall out and there are the usual scratches and chips) Nothing a little TLC and small change can't fix. It has a dead switch where the original owner had neons installed, but they were taken off at some point. Don't worry, they'll stay off! I know the stock Cobra for 1996 has 305 HP, and the original owner of this car says it MIGHT have around 360hp. We don't have any dynos close by to really test that, and it's never been tested in the 1/4 before, so i can't use online HP calculators, but is this legitimate. Stock the 96 GT pushes 215. And if you guys think it could beat or be equal to a Cobra of the same year, do you think keeping the badges on would be an okay thing to do. I'm not one to fake badge, kinda ricey, but at the same time, if you've got the same s**t under the hood, does it make a difference.

I pick the car up tomorrow. I'm gonna put the rims I have on my current mustang (17" Estrellas with Fuzion tires) on that car. It might sound stupid to do that and change over from Cobra R's, but the R's are somewhat scratched up, and my rims were a gift and for reasons are very special to me. I already checked offset and bolt patterns and everything lines up so it's an all go. Plus the Cobra Rs need new tires and my American Racing Estrellas are brand new, and also have new tires. Plus I can probably sell the Cobra R's on eBay or something to get some money to help pay off the loan. I'm also gonna sell the V6 to help pay off a huge chunk, and the bank said they'd actually just rewrite the loan.
Hopefully I can get maybe 6000 or so out of my car, although I have it advertised at 7500 just to see if an idiot might call and ask upon it, I'll lower the price in next week. The bank is giving me 8 months to sell my v6, before I have to make payments on the loan. After the first 4 months I have the option to put some money forward and they can rewrite the loan. The bank has both cars as collateral which sucks, but I mean, I already calculated everything and nothing should be a problem. I'll make plenty if I have to make monthly payments on the full 7750 loan. But anyways, so sorry this was long. I've just been up all night bored to death, waiting in anticipation to burn some rubber tomorrow and have some fun, and wanted to let some excitement out. So anyways, thanks! Bye
Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally getting a V8!!!

woot
Old 11-13-2006, 04:12 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Going from a V6 to a V8 is like waking up in the morning and noticing you have a much bigger *****.... Its a great feeling!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:20 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Going from a V6 to a V8 is like waking up in the morning and noticing you have a much bigger *****.... Its a great feeling!

so you DID have that surgery !
Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SXGT

so you DID have that surgery !

Nope.... I take "Extendz" baby!!! You've seen the commericials with Ron Jeremy! "This stuff really works!" lol
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 AM
dye
3rd Gear Member

yea i just went from a v6 to a v8 about 2 months ago,,, and let me tell you.... YOU WILL LOVE IT!!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

i went from a sentra to my gt...4 to 8..its amazing =]..congrats on the purchase son. keep the badges on it if u dont like it ( which u said u dont ) change it then.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

I hope its a 99+. I had a 1999 V6 (Auto) with some bolt ons, and I walked a 1996 GT (5spd). Reguardless you'll like the GT better.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:28 AM
ChrisdGT04
1st Gear Member

let alone goin from a v6 to a supercharged v8 idk bout it bein 360 hp maybe bout 295 290 rwhp 96 gts didnt make that much power but alot more than ur v6 ul b happy
Old 11-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Quick Reply: Finally getting a V8!!!