4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT VS BULLITT

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT VS BULLITT

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

OK news flash - the bullits aren't rare and they aren't worth anymore than a regular GT. period - stop dreaming bc they arn't - you can check the dealer nada if you want - sorry they arn't special in terms of price compared to a regular GT

That being said - if you like the bullit and its the very very close in price to the GT you are looking at - then get the bullit, it has small upgrades on it that may be worth it to you. However the bullit in no way warrants paying a substantially higher price than that of a GT... its not a collector item, its not rare - no mustang is rare! lol Im not tyring to knock the bullit - but be real - these cars arn't ferraris so just drop the dreamin BS and buy things for the right reasons. So for example If I were buying a coupe I would buy the bullit if it were within 500.00 of the GT if not, don't buy it - its not worth it. The mach 1 can't even hold its value, but some people on here act like bullits retain more value than mach1's - please!

but in the end, you have to be happy with the car - buy what you like. But economically - the bullit is worth no more than a GT.
+1, you can get a low mileage mach 1 for under 20k now, the only mustangs that are holding their value right now is the terminators and the 05+ GT's, and thats only because the 05+ GT's are still in pretty high demand, but my guess is by next summer most of the 05's will be well under 20k.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

omg they have a DIFFERENT PILLAR ?!?!?!?!!? - geez thats makes them worth 5,000.00 more dollars FOR SURE!!!!
I never said they where worth $5,000 more than a gt. i just stated the differences like the thread starter asked. And i would take a bullitt over a regular gt neday(stock for stock).
Old 11-14-2006, 05:00 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

OK news flash - the bullits aren't rare and they aren't worth anymore than a regular GT. period - stop dreaming bc they arn't - you can check the dealer nada if you want - sorry they arn't special in terms of price compared to a regular GT

That being said - if you like the bullit and its the very very close in price to the GT you are looking at - then get the bullit, it has small upgrades on it that may be worth it to you. However the bullit in no way warrants paying a substantially higher price than that of a GT... its not a collector item, its not rare - no mustang is rare! lol Im not tyring to knock the bullit - but be real - these cars arn't ferraris so just drop the dreamin BS and buy things for the right reasons. So for example If I were buying a coupe I would buy the bullit if it were within 500.00 of the GT if not, don't buy it - its not worth it. The mach 1 can't even hold its value, but some people on here act like bullits retain more value than mach1's - please!

but in the end, you have to be happy with the car - buy what you like. But economically - the bullit is worth no more than a GT.

I beg to differ on that... ever watched the Barret (sp) Jackson auction, plenty of mustangs that are rare. Granted most are older but thats beside the point I'm making. The 00 R is very rare being that only 300 were made ever.

I don't think the guy that said that the pillars were different made it worth more... he was just pointing out that there was a small difference. Which is what the poster of this question asked. Unless the bullitt is absolutely your dream car... I wouldn't pay much over it than a regular GT either. I personally like the 99-04's with the wing on them.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

side skirts are different 2
Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

I beg to differ on that... ever watched the Barret (sp) Jackson auction, plenty of mustangs that are rare. Granted most are older but thats beside the point I'm making. The 00 R is very rare being that only 300 were made ever.

I don't think the guy that said that the pillars were different made it worth more... he was just pointing out that there was a small difference. Which is what the poster of this question asked. Unless the bullitt is absolutely your dream car... I wouldn't pay much over it than a regular GT either. I personally like the 99-04's with the wing on them.
Well thats kinda of a silly thing to say, he wasnt talking about the older mustangs, thats a given, and the cobra R's are extremly rare, he was talking about normal mustangs, and he was saying that bulllits and mach1's arent worth more or rarer than ne other mustang.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

So your saying a 03/04 Mach I is worth nothing more than a 03/04 GT? I disagree with that cuz the Mach I has a much better platform than the GT's since they are 4V. Sheer fact alone that the Mach's where only built for two years makes them more rare compared to the GT's. If you can find Mach I's for the same price as most GT's all day long... I would like to see it cuz most are usually $2k-$7k more than the GT's.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

So your saying a 03/04 Mach I is worth nothing more than a 03/04 GT? I disagree with that cuz the Mach I has a much better platform than the GT's since they are 4V. Sheer fact alone that the Mach's where only built for two years makes them more rare compared to the GT's. If you can find Mach I's for the same price as most GT's all day long... I would like to see it cuz most are usually $2k-$7k more than the GT's.
What he's saying is that mach's arent holding their value like a rare car would. Mach's, Gt's, bullitts, and even "terminators" aren't holding value. There are way too many of all of these cars to make them anything special at this point in time. In 10, 15, 20 years, who knows? Basically the point is that there isnt anything special enough about a bullitt to make it substantially more than a comparable GT.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

in 10 years they still probably wont be worth much..

10-20 years from now cars will probably be so much better.. who would want a 2v.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

since this is about gts vs. bullits- stop arguing and

POST SOME DECENT PICS OF THE DIFFERENCE
IN THE REAR WINDOW PILLARS AND THE DIFFERENCE IN SIDESKIRTS!!!! please. i want to see the difference./
Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

If you want to see the differences go to google and do a damn image search. You'll be surprised at how fast you get results.

Quick Reply: GT VS BULLITT