4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

exhaust possibilities?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

Default exhaust possibilities?

i have tried finding any posts that could possibly help me with what i wanting to accomplish but i was unable to find anything. what i am wanting to do is upgrade the stock exhaust that is on my current mustang right now. i have an '02 gt. i like the exhaust on it right now but i was wanting to get a little bit louder one. I want one to have a little bit more of a growl to it but to not over due it. i was wondering if you guys point me in the right direction of which exhaust would possibly be the right one for me. thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:22 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust possibilities?

If you like drone - Flowmaster

Decently Loud / Deep
Magnaflow
Flowmaster
MAC
Loudmouth II
Dynomax
SpinTech

Personally the one that is probably a tad bit louder/deeper then stock exhaust would be MAC or Magnaflow or Flowmaster but i dont recommend Flowmaster..
Old 11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
cody6.0
I ♥ Acer

Since a full cat-back adds about .009 horsepower have you thought about welind some other mufflers into the stock cat-back?

I had Borla mufflers on my GT and they were a nice mix between volume and low tone.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cody6.0

Since a full cat-back adds about .009 horsepower have you thought about welind some other mufflers into the stock cat-back?

I had Borla mufflers on my GT and they were a nice mix between volume and low tone.
Um no. You can get up to about 7rwhp. which isnt bad cuz mustangs have terrible $/HP products.

Borlas are like what $600 ya... not worth it if you just want something a tad louder then stock.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:35 PM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

i would love to have a loud exhaust, but the thing is that i am not really into racing it and how people are around here, they hear a car coming up on them, they assume that you want to race. and i am not really looking to upgrade the hp either that much really. that's why i am trying to going for a little bit louder. what would the price range be around for the magnaflow?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:38 PM
cody6.0
I ♥ Acer

7HP from a cat-back on a 99-04 GT.................... Now i've heard it all!

Maybe when you allredy have L/T headers and a cat-less H will you see more than 2-3HP.

And my Borlas were $75 each.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Gumby
2nd Gear Member

Listen to some sound clips of different exhaust setups and decide for yourself. Can't remember the address, but if you look I'm sure you'll find it.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cody6.0

7HP from a cat-back on a 99-04 GT.................... Now i've heard it all!

Maybe when you allredy have L/T headers and a cat-less H will you see more than 2-3HP.

And my Borlas were $75 each.
Obviously you dont know anything about mustangs.. i think you should go back to the GTO forums.

Edit
And if you paid $75 per muffler. then you didnt even have a catback you just had 2 cheapo mufflers welded in on a 2.25 inch catback. Thats probably why you gained like 1 hp and think exhaust doesnt nothing...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

what about from the roush catback side skirts? i know they cost quite a bit more and the side runners would have to be replaced and painted, but could any complications arise from it? would they be too heavy for the manifold?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

the roush your talking about works fine, i got 2 friends with the set up and its never caused them any problems and its just a tad louder with a little better tone...i believe thats what your talking about getting...pretty much any muffler with the stock mid pipe is fairly quiet so its not too hard to choose outside of tone...and hp #s dont bother you so we wont go there...good luck

Quick Reply: exhaust possibilities?