4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

the next stages of my modding? input needed-

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Default the next stages of my modding? input needed-

I ALREADY CURRENTLY HAVE:
18x9 saleen chrome rims / nitto 555r tires / o/r x (magnaflow) midpipe
mgw shortthrow on a 3650 / jlt intake / accufab plenum+tb (75mm)
bodywork (03-04 cobra front end)/ superchip tuner
tokico dspec adjustable shocks / mm caster+camber plates

NOW I AM ASKING WHAT I SHOULD LOOK TOWARDS INVESTING INTO NEXT. (gears? what?)
I want to s/c, I have paid of the gt and feel its not worth trading towards a cobra. (4v)
I really would be satisfied with 420~ rwhp. I would rather- If i could find a conservative, not fortune spending route, and i learn what to purchase i will look into building the car to hold more boost. what would i need? (I would do whatever this is over cams and heads).

i am either going vortech route or with a kb. (2.2l not the biggest bore they offer)

now spring wise i cant choose between sportlines or supersports / i dont want to sacrfice the ride quality, but i want it to look low, and snug. thats why i have been looking into coilover setups.. is it worth it?

for all you who are far into the next stages of modding, what would you suggest? im waiting on my supercharger fund to finish itself up and that will be on the way but now i need some more light mods.. that will help better everything in the end.

catback? headers? cams? heads?

springs or coilovers?

should i look into lighter rims? mine right now are saleens (18") but they weigh like 33lbs or so
i dont know what to do next..
Old 11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
ChrisdGT04
1st Gear Member

Default RE: the next stages of my modding? input needed-

header back or the heads and cams would b useless
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

obviously im looking to spend a decent amount of money, therefore i would purchase multiple items in a scenario like that. i just dont know what direction i should be going?

like should i be worried about the stock brakes right now? thats why i am asking what to do next.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
mustang232
3rd Gear Member

dvd sat natv system
Old 11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

a mustang doesn't need a sat system or dvd. you are supposed to enjoy the ride not the movie. i would go with the mgw intake plenum tb one just to get them over with. unless you need tires. I have never tried the MGW, but i have heard the goods and bads about them
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

what i listed were my already done mods.. heh
Old 11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
rvoss5
2nd Gear Member

lower that bitch. thats what the caster and camber plates are for is when u lower it. if i were u i would upgrade all the control arms and suspension crap that i could. your gonna need it if your going with a s/c.

with the cams and heads, alot is gonna depend on what your goal is in the end. a s/c with a good tune should make your car pretty ****ing fast, so i don't know why mess with the cam and heads, and if u do you might as well build your block up too. you need to get some good headers too. if your state doesn't have emiissions tear the h pipe and catalysts off, buy an off road x or h pipe, and get some mil eliminators or if you can turn sensors off with your tuner turn them bitches off.

if u want to upgrade your brakes they make alot of kits for them. slotted and drilled rotors are pretty good and not too expensive, and get some 4 piston calipers (or better) and if your gonna do a big brake upgrade get some of the green stuff pads, they kick ***.

but ya, i would lower it first, then do some suspension stuff, then exhaust stuff. the s/c is gonna give u alot of power so i woulnd't **** with the heads unless u have to.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

What the hell do you have done to your car already and what kind of goals do you have in mind? What blower? What #'s are you looking for? Personally I until I know what you have I can't give you a possible combo to choose. Just lookin at them though, I'd not pick any of the ones you have listed in that order.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
JinStang

I think you should upgrade your brakes with the Cobra's. Get a nice drilled rotors with bright red calipers....sweeeetttt. Or you could upgrade your rear end with Ford racing 8.8 depending on how much power you plan on achieving. my $0.02.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

okay let me restate this message.. again.

I ALREADY CURRENTLY HAVE:
18x9 saleen chrome rims / nitto 555r tires / o/r x (magnaflow) midpipe
mgw shortthrow on a 3650 / jlt intake / accufab plenum+tb (75mm)
bodywork (03-04 cobra front end)/ superchip tuner
tokico dspec adjustable shocks / mm caster+camber plates

NOW I AM ASKING WHAT I SHOULD LOOK TOWARDS INVESTING INTO NEXT. (gears? what?)
I want to s/c, I have paid of the gt and feel its not worth trading towards a cobra. (4v)
I really would be satisfied with 420~ rwhp. I would rather- If i could find a conservative, not fortune spending route, and i learn what to purchase i will look into building the car to hold more boost. what would i need? (I would do whatever this is over cams and heads).

i am either going vortech route or with a kb. (2.2l not the biggest bore they offer)

now spring wise i cant choose between sportlines or supersports / i dont want to sacrfice the ride quality, but i want it to look low, and snug. thats why i have been looking into coilover setups.. is it worth it?

Quick Reply: the next stages of my modding? input needed-