4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha

That is a valid point .. but I've driven many cars.. and I know anything over 650-700 is just about too much for anything besides a drag strip ..
Old 11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

remember the 2.1 kit is tapped out at 9psi... if you want to run just the 9psi, why even build the motor? ya know? I am personally stopping in between 650-700rwhp... if i want more for the track - ill get a smaller pulley and have the extra tune. but i will be running a 650-700rwhp street car when im done, maybe with a 50-75 shot.. and possibly a pulley to get me over 700 for the strip...

For the extra 500 bucks though I think it's worth it... I want the 2.8KB but thats for Cobras that want 1000+rwhp... I don't know though, I might keep it at 2.6L KB just to limit myself
Old 11-25-2006, 11:22 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: akelemecz

Well I'm not looking to taking baby steps ..
Obviously. You have 500 posts in 1 month. Calm down...

I had a dollar for every noob post I read about "I want 600 hp" I'd retire.

You clearly ahve no idea what your getting yourself into.

Vortech and be done with it.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Mike if he really wants the 600rwhp. a vortech wont do it - you know that. If he says he's been around this a lot and he has so be it. If he hasn't and this is just what he "wants to do" then he'll atleast learn some stuff... Personally if i was goin to go centri - i'd get a procharger before anything else. lol.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:28 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Look jack ***.. i just bought a mustang in september... it doesn't mean I'm a noob around cars .. I don't want a vortech .. I do know what I'm getting myself into .. Hell .. I've been on the turbo route .. working wtih CIN Motorsports out of charlotte to build the remote mount turbo .. but after sitting with matt for hours upon hours .. I'm still not sold on the idea of the turbo it was really good sounding at first.. but now .. the cons have really got me not wanting to go any further into it .. I've gone through all the threads unlike countless others ... I've read .. I wanna go fast .. what do I do .. hear I know what I want .. I'm tryin to get input on the best way to get there.. I'm not trying to build my motor to be a 12 second NA car.. I've personally been around nitrous more than anything .. but I do know quite a but about superchargers and the difference between centri's .. roots .. and twin screw ..

So suck on it little man ..
Old 11-25-2006, 11:33 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Like I said .. I was gonna go D1 on my truck .. cause the p1 wasn't gonna push me to what i wanted.. My buddy has an F1 on his 98 gt coupe .. I just know I like the power distribution in the twin screws the best... I already have my suspension taken care of .. the only thing I'm not sold on yet is what way to go with the tranny .. I'm not familiar with performance tranny's for stangs .. and even if its possible to beef up the 3650 like i did my 4l60e .. i mean i could have gone up to the 4l80e tranny in my truck . .but i stuck with building what i had .. cost 500 in parts including shift kit .. rebuild ( seals etc ) .. and 500 for the new torque converter .. now I know if I'm ever gonna run 650 rwhp .. with full slicks the 28 spline will more than likely not hold too much abuse .. and heading up to a 31 spine .. will be the proper upgrade...

but to sit here and tell me i need to stick with a vortech kit like im some 17 y/o kid comming in here asking how much hp a cai gives me is f'n degrading ...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:38 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Like I said.. akele... Most people will upgrade to a TKO tranny in the Mustangs... they can handle some nice power, just pretty expensive. If you're goin to be over 500rwhp or so you will need either a 31 or 34 spline, especially if you are planning on some slicks, lol... but like i said.. I'd go 2.6 KB, because this way you wont be limited to 9psi, lol if you have a built motor you're just goin to get frustrated with that 9psi thats all... atleast i think you will be.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:42 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

17 y/o kid comming in here asking how much hp a cai gives me is f'n degrading ...
Bottom line is on $5,500 your going with a vortech. $9,000 into the stang and you'll see problems up the ****.

I know a vortech isn't going to 600 rwhp. "Hypothetically" it can. But in actual applications your pulley will slip like nuts.

Just realize what your getting yourself into noob.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:43 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Yeah .. I saw the technical data on the two .. the 2.6 would be the better buy .. I didn't realize how close in price they were ...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:48 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Most people don't... but the extra $500.00 i think is definatly worth it. see after all the crap we've been through - I kinda do know what im talkin about a lil bit, dont i? lol

Mike - if he plans on building the motor, the vortech will underpower the car still. If he says he has the money - then i leave that to him.

AKele, like I said - i'd take the time and build the motor forged. Then when you're ready for it, go ahead and put the KB on there, and your juice if that's what you want. but if you're going to run that big of a blower, i would leave it at like a 75 shot as a "when needed basis". I would also, get an extra pulley or two if you want to swap it out and run some more psi.

Yeah .. I saw the technical data on the two .. the 2.6 would be the better buy .. I didn't realize how close in price they were ...

Quick Reply: New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha