4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WHEELS: AMERICAN MUSCLE OR COOL BLUE PEROFRMANCE-QUALITY WISE

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Default WHEELS: AMERICAN MUSCLE OR COOL BLUE PEROFRMANCE-QUALITY WISE

I am looking at FR500 wheels and AM is $182 cheaper for a set of Chre wheels. Big difference. Blue has nice actual pics, AM does not have pics that I can find. I believe there have been some issues with the quality of American Muscle wheels. Please feedback from real life users of these compaines and CHROME!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Maverick04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WHEELS: AMERICAN MUSCLE OR COOL BLUE PEROFRMANCE-QUALITY WISE

I've haven't heard many people complain about AM...in fact, you'll hear a lot more people singing their praises about their usually excellent customer service if and when they screw something up.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

AMERICAN MUSCLE- I have gotten a tone of parts from them with great service. I have had terrible "luck" with cool blue. Refer to this thread for my experience: https://mustangforums.com/m_2533538/...tm.htm#2534453
Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Sam 07

I had some recent experience with Cool Blue Performance. I purchased control arms from them (great price, Free shipping). Problem was i waited 3 weeks, called 4 times Talked with Anthony who never called back with a tracking number, and no responce from emails. When i called them, 80% of the time the aswering machine pics up. Then when i finally talked to Anthony his attitude was like "why are you calling me."

Cool Blue Performance has crap customer service and no ability to follow up. So if you like praying and hoping that your parts will come then i say buy with them. Otherwise STAY AWAY!

Plus they dont stock any of their parts. They put the order into the manufacture andthey shipp it. Thats why they wont give you a tracking number!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
03GT_4.6
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone delt with www.cruizinconcepts.com before? They don't have free shipping but they had have pretty good prices. Any issues with them?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: sweet99

I am looking at FR500 wheels and AM is $182 cheaper for a set of Chre wheels. Big difference. Blue has nice actual pics, AM does not have pics that I can find. I believe there have been some issues with the quality of American Muscle wheels. Please feedback from real life users of these compaines and CHROME!
AM is where I got my chrome wheels from. Not one problem!! Don't forget to put in mustangboards for an 6% discount!
AM FTW
Old 01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
jusnkris
2nd Gear Member

cruizinconcepts does have some pretty good prices.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

only problem i ran into with AM is they ran outta 315 tires... but the day they got them they sent my wheels and tires THAT day.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sam 07

I had some recent experience with Cool Blue Performance. I purchased control arms from them (great price, Free shipping). Problem was i waited 3 weeks, called 4 times Talked with Anthony who never called back with a tracking number, and no responce from emails. When i called them, 80% of the time the aswering machine pics up. Then when i finally talked to Anthony his attitude was like "why are you calling me."

Cool Blue Performance has crap customer service and no ability to follow up. So if you like praying and hoping that your parts will come then i say buy with them. Otherwise STAY AWAY!

Plus they dont stock any of their parts. They put the order into the manufacture andthey shipp it. Thats why they wont give you a tracking number!
I had almost the exact experience- absolutely horrible customer service and buisness ethics.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sweet99

I have never had a problem with american muscle. I have ordered multiple things from them, including my wheels, and been happy each time, and they have always shipped right away.

Quick Reply: WHEELS: AMERICAN MUSCLE OR COOL BLUE PEROFRMANCE-QUALITY WISE