4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM
98FOUR.SIX
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT

YEA I CAN READ YOU THINK YOUR 99+ MUSTANG IS SO BAD A@@ 260 HP BIG WOOP
Old 10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

What?
Old 10-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

LMAO!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:18 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

I've read enough of this thread to know that the person who started it has no knowledge about LT1's, LS1's, nor does he know the difference between Firebirds, & Trans AMs. Furthermore, if you wish to trash WS.6's or F-bodies in particular it would help for you to do some homework, & realize you need more than Flowmaster mufflers, & K&N intake to even keep up w/a misfiring LT1 w/80k miles on it. BTW...it's 281 not 289.

Gripes about F-bodies IMO = rattling doors, very poor build quality (nod to Camaros), F*cked up unnecessary bump on passenger side floor, extremely long dashboard, HEAVY

Complements = no replacement for displacement, did I mention the FireHawk looks like the Batmobile, Can easily get into low 12's & high 11's w/a lot less work than a 4.6. They are purpose built. The downside to that is not everyone wants to go fast, & that's where the Mustang was able to succeed in the buying market. It gave everyone a bit of what they wanted.

I love Mustangs, but let's be realistic. Stock for stock no turd 96-98 GT (chambered mufflers, & an air filther doesn't do anything for a 96-98) will give any F-body driver more than a glance, & another notch on his gun if he/she tries to race the F-body. 260hp on the 99+ GT's is a significant jump from the 96-98 models. No it's not ground braking, but if you want ground braking go buy a Lamborghini

Sorry, this is so long, but that story in the beginning just disturbs me. Some Pontiac makes a turn, goes WOT (all the while the Mustang driver hating the Pontiac's exhaust...mind you exhaust sound preference is completely subjective) only to have his g/f floor it to end up catching the Pontiac, never once considering that maybe the Pontiac might have just wanted to hear that exhaust & get off of it, not even considering a 96-98 GT wanted to throw down, & could have quite possibly been laughing in his car thinking that it took the GT long enough to catch up.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Big5.0.13.7sec.
2nd Gear Member

WOW this is great. LOL.

I guess i dont know my lt1's and ls1's...... but who gives a sh*t. Im into mustangs... I dont really care what kind of car that was... I thought the story was funny!

In all honesty.... it was just to make everyone laugh.... i guess I thought "mustang" people would get a kick out of it! And I usually dont have to worry about what kind of car is in front of me or behind
me...cause I am the faster car.... But now my fiances' car is the new project after hearing all this crap talk. I guess it needs a little work.... and some weight reduction.

Thanks for the correction on the 281 dick head.

And seeing you didnt read at the begining I said; But either way when a GT with flowmasters and and fenderwall intake w/ K&N filter: meaning Cat Backs and I said cold air intake (whooptie 4 horses) LOL

[sm=angrymail.gif]And what car did the discontinue? Oh yeah slowmaros and firechickens... Thanks LOL[sm=closed.gif]
Old 10-06-2004, 01:15 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Big5.0.13.7sec.

WOW this is great. LOL.

I guess i dont know my lt1's and ls1's...... but who gives a sh*t. Im into mustangs... I dont really care what kind of car that was... I thought the story was funny!

In all honesty.... it was just to make everyone laugh.... i guess I thought "mustang" people would get a kick out of it! And I usually dont have to worry about what kind of car is in front of me or behind
me...cause I am the faster car.... But now my fiances' car is the new project after hearing all this crap talk. I guess it needs a little work.... and some weight reduction.

Thanks for the correction on the 281 dick head.

And seeing you didnt read at the begining I said; But either way when a GT with flowmasters and and fenderwall intake w/ K&N filter: meaning Cat Backs and I said cold air intake (whooptie 4 horses) LOL

[sm=angrymail.gif]And what car did the discontinue? Oh yeah slowmaros and firechickens... Thanks LOL[sm=closed.gif]
For being such a Mustang enthusiast, you a GREAT job of showing your extensive knowledge of them...289ci...wow...then you know so much about the Mustang's arch enemy you even know that it was discontinued...Holy Sh*t!!! Seeing as you don't "give a sh*t" about F-bodies, how can you hope to beat the enemy w/out knowing his strategy?

A CrapMaster cat-back will net you 1-2rwhp, & the cold air intake is a waste of $$$ for 2rwhp. Yea, you really have some knowledge about performance gains on Mustangs[&:]. I maybe a ********, but at least I'm more performance inclined than your dumba$$.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 AM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

A CrapMaster cat-back will net you 1-2rwhp
Awww shucks fella. you didn't have to go and call them crapmasters. my mean sounding flows net me 3-4 fwhp every day. Females Wanting to Have
Pimp that is...
Old 10-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Big5.0.13.7sec.
2nd Gear Member

Aww dont get all pissed off... you little vag. LOL

I was just saying... that I thought it was funny.

And once again I dont have to worry about my "arch enemy" of cars....

I am a mustang enthusiast, but Im a 5.0 guy, Just getting into the 281 4.6L.

I guess seeing I pull a 12.8 in my 5.0 I guess I dont know much about performance LOL. You *******.

Actually I believe the Flowmasters add on average 5-7 rwhp. And the intake is a densecharger w/k&n and that would be 4-6 rwhp. So if you add that up that an additional 10-13 horses that was bought with $300-$350. Not to mention those mods just make it sound better!

So thanks for your imput buddy
Old 10-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sean

LMAO!!!
What's so funny! [8D]
Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

ORIGINAL: Sean

LMAO!!!
What's so funny! [8D]
I just thought it was funny how 98Four got all pissed off, and you were like WTF?
I was thinking the same thing you were, where the *** did that come from?

Quick Reply: Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT