4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do??...

Old 08-03-2003, 07:19 PM
CrazyHorse03

Default What to do??...

hey i recently purchased a 03 GT and ive only had a month i have a couple of mods like a superchip micro tuner and i removed the air silencer valve and i put some 40 series flows on it what else could i do to give my horse some more power??
Old 08-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default What to do??...

Headers
Old 08-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Buzzstang
4th Gear Member

Default What to do??...

GEARS ARE THE EASIEST. COLD AIR INTAKE, BIGGERTHROTTLE BODIE, BIGGER MASS AIR METER, BETTER PLUG AND WIRES. HEADERS H-PIPE OR X-PIPE, RUN SYNTHETIC OIL
Old 08-04-2003, 03:00 AM
wei462
1st Gear Member

Default What to do??...

Gears are a must. I have a set awaiting install. I wouldnt worry about the bigger TB unless you are going to go forced induction. Same with the MAF. Exhaust will net you really good gains and dont forget the suspension.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Buzzstang
4th Gear Member

Default What to do??...

you would be surprised how much a bigger throttle body and maf would help. i have no idea who told you not to worry about that stuff but they are crazy. more air going in and more air going out . means you need a bigger exhaust. so get both!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Default What to do??...

or just run straight un catted pipes. but hope u dont get caught with an old inspection sticker.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:35 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default What to do??...

gears are the first.. mustangs come with rotten gears... tb and maf + bigger injectors+ headers+ x or h pipe= great performance and excellent throttle responce.. the gears will make your car feel like a completely different ride... next you need to put the power to the ground suspension and subframe connectors and some fat zr rubber...
Old 08-05-2003, 12:16 PM
brockleew
2nd Gear Member

Default What to do??...

I agree with <SPAN class=bold>wei462 on this one. The induction side of things should come pretty much last. Work the exhaust side after the new gears. Underdrive pullies really help spin the motor up and you will see an immense difference. </SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=bold>t/b, maf, and CAI are the easy things to do, but there are better gains for the money in other places. For a few bucks more you can throw an N20 kit on yer ride and net 160 rwhp on a stock motor. </SPAN>
</P>
Old 08-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Redline5th
3rd Gear Member

Default What to do??...

https://mustangforums.com/forum_post...=2699&amp;PN=1</P>

That should pretty much answers all your questions...</P>
Old 08-05-2003, 01:53 PM
wei462
1st Gear Member

Default What to do??...

Originally Posted by Buzzstang
you would be surprised how much a bigger throttle body and maf would help. i have no idea who told you not to worry about that stuff but they are crazy. more air going in and more air going out . means you need a bigger exhaust. so get both!
</P>

I never said not to worry about it, just not to worry about it right away. A bigger TB NA will see about 3-5 HP. Not saying its not a lot in the scheme of things but the difference will be more noticeable when blown. With the MAF, same thing AND you will more than likely have to get a A/F tune to go along with that. Most SC kits already have the larger MAF tobegin with so if you are going to go forced induction,dont even bother with it. 99+ Mustangsare some of thefreest flowing setups(induction wise) thatFord has come out with in a long time. Its the exhaust endthat needsthe help. Truth be told, I had to learn the hard way about this. I have a 70mm TB and the CAI. Other thana little quicker throttle response, I noticed a better HP increase with my cat back then I did with these two mods combined. If I had to do it over again, I would have saved the money that I spent on the TB and the CAI and would have already had headersON my car instead of sitting in my basement awaiting install. Just my $.02 </P>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to do??...