4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A new mustang owner needing some advice on mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
johnjay06

Default A new mustang owner needing some advice on mods

I just recently purchased a 03 GT automatic with 20000 miles. I am not really on a budget, and would like to know what mods you guys would go with first. all that is done to the car is flowmasters cut in the exhaust. What would you guys start with? BTW it is a daily driven car
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A new mustang owner needing some advice on mods

for a daily.....centri supercharger, either vortech, procharger, whatever. I will obviously suggest the modularpowerhouse mongoose kit.....

this is since ur on a budget and if u wanna go fast dont even waste money on anything else. blower=ftmfw.

unless you dont wanna mod your car that much. but let us know what your goals are
Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

if youre going to go F/I (forced induction) make sure to get some blower cams, or at least gears to compliment F/I. also understand, for the best results, get an induction system and exhaust system, all that air coming in needs to go out.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
johnjay06

goals are just to have something a little quicker. i have never owned a mustang, or car for that matter, and was just wondering what you guys did
Old 03-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Definately exhaust of your choice... if you were a 5 speed I would say a short throw shifter.....

But I definately reccomend exhaust, And I dont recomend flows... If everything in your car rattles... thats why, I know this cause thats what mine did, then I got SLP LMII's and the rattling went away

If you dont want to spend a grand on exhaust I recomend just buying a cat-back for around $300-$500 from whatever website of your choice... I got everything from americanmuscle.com

Hope this helped.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Gears, short throw shifter, full exhaust Long Tube Headers, mid pipe, CAMS, CAI kitwill be a few bucks especially if you cannot install them yourself.

Then FI someday if you want to spend the dollars - above should yield some nice rear wheel HP around 270 RWHP.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

Definately exhaust of your choice... if you were a 5 speed I would say a short throw shifter.....

But I definately reccomend exhaust, And I dont recomend flows... If everything in your car rattles... thats why, I know this cause thats what mine did, then I got SLP LMII's and the rattling went away

If you dont want to spend a grand on exhaust I recomend just buying a cat-back for around $300-$500 from whatever website of your choice... I got everything from americanmuscle.com

Hope this helped.
A mustangs interior is going to rattle no matter what [&:]. For your first mod, I would say do exhuast so you can turn heads when you go somewhere. Just listen to some soundclips over at mustangexhaust.com and make your choice.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:49 PM
johnjay06

wow thanks for the replies thus far guys!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
johnjay06

also, i am kinda confused on the exhaust thing. so just the flowmaster is not enough right? what is cat back?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
stangdriver2007
2nd Gear Member

flowmaster is fine but i recomend some slp that what i have and its nice sounding to turn heads and it is not restrictive much at all cat back is from the catalytic converters to the rear of the car some long tubes and a h or x pipe would be nice long tubes will add 10-15 hp

Quick Reply: A new mustang owner needing some advice on mods