4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help! Power windows quit on me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
RichsDropTopGT

Default RE: Help! Power windows quit on me!

Yeah I tried all that, both sides both switchs. I thought maybe I knocked something off under the hood when I put the new head lamp bulbs in, I dont know!.
ORIGINAL: trublu02

Don't slam the door! open the door and with the key on, hold the switch down(like your putting the window up) and hit the door panel with the side of your fist-pretty hard-right below the armrest.it'll go right up. I have had this prob twice in 10 months.

[/align]
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

Your driver side switch has a lock for the rest of the switches not to work....problem is probably your driver side switch. Has it rained since the last time you used the windows? if so then take the blow dryer like the other person said ...dont even take the switch out, just blow dry over it for a bit and see if that works, if not then go onto further diagnosis by takin out driver side switch first and checking for power output from the switch.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
RichsDropTopGT

well my car has been in the garage all winter, but I had it out last weekend to change the bulbs so maybe it did get wet in there then, I will get it to work one way or the other, thanks. you guys gave me a lot of things to check before I just say hell with it and run a new power wire to the fuse box.

Rich
ORIGINAL: Pitt

Your driver side switch has a lock for the rest of the switches not to work....problem is probably your driver side switch. Has it rained since the last time you used the windows? if so then take the blow dryer like the other person said ...dont even take the switch out, just blow dry over it for a bit and see if that works, if not then go onto further diagnosis by takin out driver side switch first and checking for power output from the switch.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
clix813
4th Gear Member

my drivers side back window wont go up it buging the crap out of me im in az and its perfect weather for driving topless but it would look gay with just the one back window up.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

I dont see a lock for that anywhere. My only buttons are 2 window buttons, the lock and unlock (doors), and power window buttons.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
RichsDropTopGT

Only the convertables have the lockout and 4 windows that go up and down.
ORIGINAL: SpartanStang

I dont see a lock for that anywhere. My only buttons are 2 window buttons, the lock and unlock (doors), and power window buttons.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM
ctstanger

Yeah very odd.Mine has also, on occasion, stopped working, but mainly the driver side back little window, like the AZ guy.

I don't have to hit, slam it, or anything, just leave alone for a minute or two, then it miraculously starts working again?!?

I suppose if it lasted longer then a few minutes, or certainly a day, then I'd start to get worried, but its gone away quickly so far...