4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

turbo vs super charger

Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 AM
My Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Default turbo vs super charger

Ive been thinking about FI for my 4.6 for a while now and i was wondering what other mustang owners opinions on the matter are. Turbo vs Supercharger. Im not really sure which i want or which would be better.What do you guys think?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: turbo vs super charger

Turbo is SOOOO much funner then a SC. I've owned a SRT-4, and used to drive a Park Avenua Ultra (SCed). The things you can do with a turbo is almost unlimited.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 AM
MuscleOwnzRice
4th Gear Member

i like go from the line, but thats just me
Old 03-25-2007, 03:13 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

Thats why you get a smaller turbo, so it spools faster. All these tards buy snails the size of my freaking head, and complain it takes awhile to spool.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 AM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lVlustang

Turbo is SOOOO much funner then a SC. I've owned a SRT-4, and used to drive a Park Avenua Ultra (SCed). The things you can do with a turbo is almost unlimited.
i agree, i had a SRT-4 to and i have hated S/C ever since lol
Old 03-25-2007, 03:31 AM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BADSEED

ORIGINAL: lVlustang

i agree, i had a SRT-4 to and i have hated S/C ever since lol....turbo's are much more efficent and alot easier to make power only down side there a little costly but its all worth it in the end
Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: My Eleanor

Ive been thinking about FI for my 4.6 for a while now and i was wondering what other mustang owners opinions on the matter are. Turbo vs Supercharger. Im not really sure which i want or which would be better.What do you guys think?
The way i was told, is an S/C is always on, a turbo has to spool up. To my understanding you can feel an power lag with a turbo where as a supercharger the power is already there............
Old 03-25-2007, 04:11 AM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

well the supercharger is a instant hit of power and tq, a turbo has lag and the only to get rid of the lag is smaller turbo or a dry shotN20 to speed up the spool of the turbo,

one thing you will here is that a supercharger takes hp to make hp, but so will a turbo (this is a big argument with lots of ppl) here is my exhample of why and how a turbo does use take hp to make hp

you have a cobra making 600hp with a single turbo and you,and it makes 300hpN/A but if you take that same turbo car andtake off the intake tube and run theturbo but not throught the motor you will have a loss of 15-25% in hp over your N/A runs,

you will also here that a turbo can make more Hp with lower boost witch is true BUT only b/c the turbo is moving a larger valume of air then s/c out there can do, the only s/c that is coming close to moving the volume of air that most turbo kits are is the NEW Whipple 3.4 and thats coming out soon here in the next few weeks and from what i here is 700+rwhp @ 17psi (with supporting mods) on 03 Cobras

but for me im a all day s/c guy b/c the roots/twin screw s/c's have more useable power then a turbo, not saying that turbo cars are not fast but just take a little time to get going

Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

I fear the day that I have to decide between a turbo kit or a KB....

I'm so indecisive I'd probably get both!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:47 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

Kenne Bell 4v is putting down 722rwhp with a.2.4 out of the box

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo vs super charger