4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2001 BULLITT

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2001 BULLITT

ORIGINAL: babysarah

VIN - 1FAFP42X61F254470

SmallFleesh - I looked on that website you gave, where would it say it was a Bullitt??
I checked it myself... then went to eBay and got some VIN's from 2 different Bullitts... apparently it does not show on there... it does for Cobras... but not Bullitts... mabey the Title would have this info??
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

The gauges will look retro style. Thats a nice way to tell. And all the other things people have said so far.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 AM
babysarah
1st Gear Member

Yeahh I did the same thing with a few other Bullitts and none of them actually say Bullitt. So I have no idea. Here is the link so the page the car is listed on. I couldnt help but notice at the bottom, it looks like it might have fog lights and it also has a rear spoiler. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they dont come with the rear spoiler and most dont come with fog lights. If you go to the tab that says "Model Info" it'll say it's a Bullitt. I'm going to call them tomorrow of course, but being a girl I dont want them to bullsh&t me around, ya kno!? So let me know what you all think, the car is about 190 miles away so I'd hate to drive all the way out there and it's not authentic.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...mp;cardist=187
Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

i reallllllllly really dont think thats a bullitt. Thats a straight up 2001 GT. No bullitt. Maybe I'm wrong...but that just seems really fishy. And Bullitts do not have spoilers, first and foremost. I dont know why a bullitt owner would find a spoiler and put it on. It has GT badges too.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babysarah

Yeahh I did the same thing with a few other Bullitts and none of them actually say Bullitt. So I have no idea. Here is the link so the page the car is listed on. I couldnt help but notice at the bottom, it looks like it might have fog lights and it also has a rear spoiler. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they dont come with the rear spoiler and most dont come with fog lights. If you go to the tab that says "Model Info" it'll say it's a Bullitt. I'm going to call them tomorrow of course, but being a girl I dont want them to bullsh&t me around, ya kno!? So let me know what you all think, the car is about 190 miles away so I'd hate to drive all the way out there and it's not authentic.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...mp;cardist=187
It's not a Bullitt... Bullitts had diferent side scoops!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 AM
stanggt99
2nd Gear Member

I think all bullitts are 5 speeds also.
Check shifter(chrome or plasticlike chrome around boot), seats are different(from GTs), gage cluster, door sill, round tip exhaust,
intake and throttle body, stickers under hood, pedals, brakes(red calipers w/pony on them), different side scoops,and the vin. I know I forgot stuff.
Someone would have to spend a lot of money and time to copy a bullitt. I also think there lower that a GT because of different suspention set up.
From the pic I don't think it's a Bullitt.JMO Good luck on getting a stang.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

If it's got the gauges, interior trim, intake, gas door, no fog lights, rolled tips(if the exhaust is stock) then that's probally a bullitt. If it's got the intake and some of the other stuff then is a good price on a gt with bullitt intake(if it's clean)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

i reallllllllly really dont think thats a bullitt. Thats a straight up 2001 GT. No bullitt. Maybe I'm wrong...but that just seems really fishy. And Bullitts do not have spoilers, first and foremost. I dont know why a bullitt owner would find a spoiler and put it on. It has GT badges too.
Bullitts have GT gadges... the only Badging on a Bullitt that is different than a GT is the rear decklid "Bullitt" emblem... and yes.. Bullitts were ALL wingless! Though somepeople like it with the wing better... that wing on that GT is not the most desired wing![:'(]
babysarah
1st Gear Member

Yeahh I kinda figured. I'm not really familiar with the details of the side scoops, but I knew something about it just wasnt right. I didnt think Bullitts had the spoiler, so that made me question it right away. Let alone the price! haha. But definitely thanks for helping!!!

xoxo
fiad06
5th Gear Member

yea bullitts come with GT badges and some of them have spoliers....the only thing that
questions me about the car is that it is too cheap...and if u look in the inside it looks like gt seats...but I cant see anything other than that[>:]

Quick Reply: 2001 BULLITT