4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Throttle Body ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
rocky46

Default Throttle Body ?

I am planning on buying a 75mm throttle body this week as well as a new plenum. (Have thediablo preadator,373 gears,and pulleys in the mail )

Had someone who know stangs pretty well that a 75 is to big for my car. I have the K&N filter with the inlet tube. IMO it doesnt seem like 75 is too big, but he was saying it would give me a slow reaction when i hit the throttle. Part of it may be because i am not ordering this part from him, but any help you guys could give would be appreciated. After that order, i will be a vette killer or DAMN close

Thanks

Rocky
Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Body ?

Don't listen to him. The aftermarket TB/plenum with actually improve your throttle response. Its stupid not to get a 75mm since it flows better than a 70mm and it might cost only a few bucks more.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

You can go 75mm no problem.
It isn't too big but is more effective with FI than it is N/A.

Most people experience better throttle response if nothing else.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

What is the best Throttle body for a 1996 Cobra? The Accufab single blade, or the BBK twin 65mm ?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:27 PM
DEALBRk
1st Gear Member

I read an article that had the smaller throttle work better on a superchared motor. The bigger one worked better on a N/A motor. The only difference would be with the 75, you might lose some low end, but gain high end power.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Sometimes you may have a problem when you install your TPS over to the new TB and the car revs high.

Here is a little write up on that topic for your info. if you have troubles
http://www.blueovalchips.com/index.p...n=throttle_pos
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

this is known as a venturi....kinda like taking your finger and puttin it over the water hose. the water goes faster as you close the hole more. velocity increases and pressure decreases, and vice versa the other way.

a 70mm t/b will outflow your stock heads. a 75 is fine. i had one on mine when it was n/a and i had no issues. me and my buddy who had the exact same setup as me but with a 70mm t/b ran almost identical times. as you will soon find out, there is almost no difference between the two.
ORIGINAL: DEALBRk

I read an article that had the smaller throttle work better on a superchared motor. The bigger one worked better on a N/A motor. The only difference would be with the 75, you might lose some low end, but gain high end power.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:15 PM
rocky46

Deal? You only ran a 14.11 with 4:10 gears? That cant be right. I ran a 13.9 with o/r x pipe and flows, and K & N filter and inlet tube.

Thanks for the information guys. The package i am looking at is a BBK TB, and a Proffesional Products plenum. The research i have done on the PP looks good, but have you guys heard anything bad about them? Should i go with the PP TB, and Plenum package, or does it really matter?

Also just read about some TB spacers that increase HP and Torque around 15 each way. Never heard of these, you guys ever had any experience with those?

Thanks again for everything guys.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM
rocky46

ORIGINAL: DTK

Sometimes you may have a problem when you install your TPS over to the new TB and the car revs high.

Here is a little write up on that topic for your info. if you have troubles
http://www.blueovalchips.com/index.p...n=throttle_pos
Should i wait until i get my diablo programmer to decide on the TB. I think i am sold on the 75 though, just want to be 100% sure
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
DEALBRk
1st Gear Member

Yeah I think the cia is killing me. Its an auto too, is yours a 5 speed or auto. I would just get the pp, and forget about that spacer. Thats just me though.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body ?