4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i'm retarded, so very retarded

Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Default i'm retarded, so very retarded

I just put my O/R Prochamber on about a month ago right? Today I get a letter in the mail, gotta bring the car in for emissions....wonderful....even tho i dont want to, i'll just swap on my stock midpipe which i tossed inside the garage....

oh.....

whats that?

my dad thought it was garbage and brought it to the dump?

hmm....i'm thinking of a word......hows it go?

F^%&$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long story short, i might just be in the market for a new catted H....I was thinking MRT.....i've heard very nice things about their catbacks but havent heard much about MRT midpipes

anyone recommend them? or anyone different (for a catted H pipe)

I have a Mac Catback so I'm pretty sure an X pipe would sound like A$$....but yeah.....leave me your thoughts on MRT
Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: i'm retarded, so very retarded

MRT midpipes are really good. But if you get mils or a tuner to turn off the CEL, you should pass unless they have a visual inspection.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

CT is pretty rough on emissions from what I know....maybe i'll just see if I can find myself a under-the-table shop....*shrug*

oh, and i havean xcal and turned off the CEL
Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

where are you from?? How do they do the emissions there?? Do they hook up the tailpipes? If not then you can pass as long as you get mil eliminators. I just used mil eliminators, they hooked up my computer and i passed with flying colors. They couldn't do the visual under the car because my car was too low and they couldnt get the car up on the inspection liftso they just had to pass me
Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: stangc83

where are you from?? How do they do the emissions there?? Do they hook up the tailpipes? If not then you can pass as long as you get mil eliminators. I just used mil eliminators, they hooked up my computer and i passed with flying colors. They couldn't do the visual under the car because my car was too low and they couldnt get the car up on the inspection liftso they just had to pass me
Cars 96+ don`t get the sniffer.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

yeah, last time i went for emissions was with my dad and they put it on rollers, computer, sniffer and visual.... but that was like a place run by the DMV.....I'm sure a garage wouldnt be as rough....I hope...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:47 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

Well then with mils he should be fine. I forgot about that. And don't you mean pre 96 dont get the sniffer
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

yeah, last time i went for emissions was with my dad and they put it on rollers, computer, sniffer and visual.... but that was like a place run by the DMV.....I'm sure a garage wouldnt be as rough....I hope...

before you drop $300+ on a new midpipe try to find a shop that will pass you. This sounds pretty shady but I know at some shops where I live a little extra green can get you passed. A few of my friends have gone catless on their imports and that's how they pass.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:22 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

+100000 MONEY TALKS!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Find my post on this page https://mustangforums.com/m_3140269/tm.htm

If you can find a private inspector who just plugs into the OBD port, you just pay the normal inspection fee and you're good to go. Although as I mention at the end of the post, I will be putting cats on my cars from now on... just not worth the risk or hassle for me, especially in NJ [:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i'm retarded, so very retarded