4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Programmer? Intake ? Goal is 12.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 AM
rocky46

Default Diablo Programmer? Intake ? Goal is 12.7

Guys sorry about all the questions. I knew the 5.0 like the back of my hand. But this 4.6 is so TOTALLY different. The predator will be here thursday. Tips on using it? Heard i need to take it to a dyno shop and then have them tune it. (Not sure if we have one of those in Oklahoma)

While i am putting my tb and plenum in i might as well get an intake. Is the typhoon the best one out there. One of the notes on it was "its not plastic" referring to another intake?????? What is the best? Whats the best bang for your buck?

After this week my 01 GT auto will haveall of this installedmac o/r x pipe, flows, mac pulleys, 373 gears, 75mm tb, and plenum, and the diablo preadator programmer. I know i still have a ways to go to dip into the 12's, but i am doing VERY VERY WELL IMO for only having the car less than 3 weeks. I Really really would like to put some headers in it, but looks like i would have to pull the engine out a little, really dont want to do that. I have a nitrous kit, but i am not spraying this one.

One more thing, have any of you upgraded your coils? What powers those on this car since there is no ignition?

Sorry for all the questions, i just want to do it all myself. You guys have that same passion and love for your Mustang. To add more ponies with to it, and make those bowties cry, lol.

As always any and all advice/information is GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks,

Rocky
Old 05-01-2007, 02:11 AM
NW IN Wicked Racing
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Programmer? Intake ? Goal is 12.7

well from whati heard typhoon sucks.but what other mods do you have??
Old 05-01-2007, 02:19 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

lol. Well the Typhoon is the best bang for your buck. Seeing as that all of them are cost alot of bucks, and give little to no bang. Its the cheapest. Ive heard some bad stories, but I have one, even spraying it, and its done great. HPS makes a good intake, and so does Trickflow. Edelbrock is coming out with one also.

Your car would LOVE nitrous btw. The LT's are gonna do more for your car than anyone else.

Your car would greatly benefit from a shift kit, or even a stall. The 3.73's really arent helping alot. Thats comparable to a ~3.55 in a stick, which ain't ****.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

I had the diablo on mine before the blower and I really liked it . I went all out and cranked the timing up on both rpm ranges and the car ran great and that was on 91 octane. One bonus the mileage improved also.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 AM
JT76

ORIGINAL: rocky46

Guys sorry about all the questions. I knew the 5.0 like the back of my hand. But this 4.6 is so TOTALLY different. The predator will be here thursday. Tips on using it? Heard i need to take it to a dyno shop and then have them tune it. (Not sure if we have one of those in Oklahoma)

While i am putting my tb and plenum in i might as well get an intake. Is the typhoon the best one out there. One of the notes on it was "its not plastic" referring to another intake?????? What is the best? Whats the best bang for your buck?

After this week my 01 GT auto will haveall of this installedmac o/r x pipe, flows, mac pulleys, 373 gears, 75mm tb, and plenum, and the diablo preadator programmer. I know i still have a ways to go to dip into the 12's, but i am doing VERY VERY WELL IMO for only having the car less than 3 weeks. I Really really would like to put some headers in it, but looks like i would have to pull the engine out a little, really dont want to do that. I have a nitrous kit, but i am not spraying this one.

One more thing, have any of you upgraded your coils? What powers those on this car since there is no ignition?

Sorry for all the questions, i just want to do it all myself. You guys have that same passion and love for your Mustang. To add more ponies with to it, and make those bowties cry, lol.

As always any and all advice/information is GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks,

Rocky
Dont waste your money on an intake manifold as you are right now....you cannot rev higg enough to take advantage of it, and the typhoon is a POS anyway, unless you are spraying and want some extra insurence over the stock platic intake..........just to give you a ballpark on your track times or something to compare 2.... i ran a 13.68@101 with my '02 GT auto N/A with Borla stingers, SLP catted X, JLT CAI, 75mmtb and plenum, diablo tuner and 4.10 gears on stock street tires with a 2.0 60 foot
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
rocky46

What is LT?

99, gears are being installed tomorrow. Going from 303's to 373's is **** in my book. I wont be in the bottom of fourth at the end of the quater. Was REALLY debating HARD on the 410's, but guys i have to drive at least 120 miles a day, and with the 410s it would of been unrealistic.

First poster those are all the mods i have, i need to upload a pic. It looks EXACTLY the same as the black GT on this thread except i dont have that deep dish on the real wheels. I have not even had the car 3 weeks. Thanks Guys.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

Lt = long tube headers
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM
TorchRed04GT
2nd Gear Member

Get a stall and some tires. My car gets not traction in first now with 315 on the back. With tires and a stall and your previous mods, 12's MIGHT be within reach. Throw a valve body on just to be sure.

If your wondering about my time, I haven't been to the track since the valve body, stall, and 315's. Mine was on semi bald 245's and I only pulled a 2.2 60 ft.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 PM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

I have the Typhoon intake manifold. It isn't a piece of crap, it went right on with no problems. However, I don't think it did anything for me. Only got it because the stock one cracked and the Typhoon was the only "reasonably" priced non-plastic intake available at the time. I would say to hold off on getting a new manifold, the stock one will be fine for what you are doing at the moment.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

First off your gears are 3.27.. You're not going to touch 12's with that... maybe a 13.5 if you can drive the heck out of your car... If you want 12's... I'd do the gears then save for s/c or nitrous, with a stall and some tires- and wouldn't do anything else...

As for the predetor.. do not tune that car unless you know what your doing. Get a dyno tune, and wait until everything is done. You don't want to blow something up.. do you?

Quick Reply: Diablo Programmer? Intake ? Goal is 12.7