4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Grrrrr.... I am beating myself up here! Help me choose!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Default Grrrrr.... I am beating myself up here! Help me choose!

OK... So I got them gay factory chrome headlights... as opposed to the smoked ones... I have a black car so I want black/smoked headlights! I have been looking on eBay lately as I have money in PayPal, (the sticker buisness has been booming... no thanks to YOU guys!), I am torn between factory smoke lights (not on eBay right now), or the 2 in the links below... I really want the ones with the black AND the smoked... but they are a $60 difference! [:'(] Is it worth it or should I get the other ones and smoke them myself... also what is the best way to smoke them?? Tint or spray?? I am looking for an EXTREMELY clean, factory look! No ghetto fab on this car! HELP ME CHOOSE PLEEEEASE!

Or do you think the clear corners are GAY and I should just get the factory smoked lights when the become avail? And no... I dont want to get the stupid stickers to put over the yellow lines![:'(]

Smoked/black lights: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...308&rd=1,1

Black no smokey: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

Edit... or should I go with the American Muscle l\smoked with clear corners?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Grrrrr.... I am beating myself up here! Help me choose!

They both look the same? I would have to say the black with no smokey cause they look a little better even though both links look a like lol. I also have the ****ty looking chrome ones and I am getting my head lights from American Muscle because I have heard that the ones on eBay fog up because they are not properly built.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Whoops I'm stupid. I see the difference now. The corners are smoked in the one and not in the other lol. I would deff get the black non smoked. They look good.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:23 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

I say go with the factory tints then if you like buy those tint overlays so you can change them when you want
Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

oops...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:27 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Be careful buying those headlights.. I bought them and sealed them twice with silicone once out of the box and once about two months later after the left one filled up with water. Just make sure you seal them really good out of the box..
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GTType

Be careful buying those headlights.. I bought them and sealed them twice with silicone once out of the box and once about two months later after the left one filled up with water. Just make sure you seal them really good out of the box..
Ya gotta seal em' yourself??[:'(]Sounds like cheap china CRAP! AKA... ghetto fab! Anybody got experience with the AmericanMuscle ones?? I likey... they are more money... but I am willing to pay the price if they are ALOT better!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Thats what seem like China crap.. I was pissed after I washed my car and I saw 1/8 of my left headlight full of water and I sealed them good but I guess not good enough... [:@]
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

dude the lights posted are the same. it is just different lighting. they do't make smoked lens headlights for our cars. and if you plan on going HID do not get the aftermarket ones. they suck with HIDs!. i had these lights before. they look really good, but the lighting quality sucks ***. i had mine for about a year and they never fogged up. lucky i guess. mine were made in Taiwan. the ones that americanmuscle has are pretty much going to be the exact same things on ebay.

just buy some OEM ones.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
02STALKERGT
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from American Muscle and the rubber edge started ripping at the frontpoint of the fender just a couple of months after I got them. I had a hard time getting the collar to lock in the bulbs, so I pushed and twisted it then the black inside part dropped in a little and scratched the lense.

Quick Reply: Grrrrr.... I am beating myself up here! Help me choose!