4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

my car is totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my car is totaled...

they offered machs in that color (correct me if I'm wrong). The 2v is a good engine, pretty stout block. The thing I hate the most is the stock 4 link rear... read up on the suspension area of this webpage. http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/ great stuff!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 AM
88ttop5.0
2nd Gear Member

yes they did make the mach in that color which does strike a great interest with me, and if i get a gt im willing to put a little more to get it to perform, but thank you for all your answers so far ill be sure to post updates as to whats going on... and ill be asking you about the suspension if everything goes right
Old 05-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

=P best of luck man, I wish you the best and that there was no other damage done other than that to your car.. take care bud.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

wait how are you getting a GT..with a down payment on the money you're getting from the v6 ?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:37 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

ORIGINAL: 88ttop5.0

Yea i was aware that the gt didnt do that much better on gas then thesixback in hs but it was the v6 or a honda, and i felt i made the right decision plus i probably would have needed to mature some before i could handle a gt but im ready now. so do they accept bolt ons good? or are they sorta not worth it with the 5.0s you need a h/c/i to make good numbers is it any better with the 4.6s?
the 5.0's are lucky they have aftermarket heads made from scratch, our poor 2v's have crappy heads and aftermarket heads are just reworked stock ones=/. 4v's in the mach and cobra's flow like a hooker on her period. If not a 3v has great potential as well. I love 2v's but just be prepared to put much more work in to make some power. Much diff from the 5.0 motors.
The weight difference in the foxbodys makes the biggest difference in response. Even so, I would put a 99-04 GT with full boltons up against any foxbody bolton car.

Unless you get real serious with the 5.0 it doesn't even make that much power n/a. I havent seen too many streetable setups on the 5.0s makig much more than 350 WHP n/a...
Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I was actually just referring to the $ per aftermarket parts ratio
Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Even then, espcially when you stay bolton only, its not really any cheaper.

The exhaust etc is a little cheaper, but a set of good aluminum heads will still run you 1000+ bucks. the cam is deifnatly cheaper, but it realy doesn't do that much on a 5.0 until you do the heads/intake (stock cam is fairly decent). The intake definatly is cheaper though.

I would still bet you can make 400 WHP faster/easyer with a 2v if you go FI. If not, its gonna be dammed close.

I hate it when people say the 2v doesn't have good potential. All it needs is a little FI and it responds better than any other mustang engine built up to its time (04) other than the 4v stuff.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Even then, espcially when you stay bolton only, its not really any cheaper.

The exhaust etc is a little cheaper, but a set of good aluminum heads will still run you 1000+ bucks. the cam is deifnatly cheaper, but it realy doesn't do that much on a 5.0 until you do the heads/intake (stock cam is fairly decent). The intake definatly is cheaper though.

I would still bet you can make 400 WHP faster/easyer with a 2v if you go FI. If not, its gonna be dammed close.

I hate it when people say the 2v doesn't have good potential. All it needs is a little FI and it responds better than any other mustang engine built up to its time (04) other than the 4v stuff.

not saying it doesnt have great potential, just saying it'll feel a bit slower to get things going with a 2v (mods wise) only thing I would like to change is the fact that there is no alternative to the stock heads and different degrees of porting/polishing. I know it'd be expensice for them to design it and the price will get passed along, but not having that alternative really hampers the potential of our engines. I can't wait to put my order in for my kb ^^
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I have to agree that the 2v heads are not hte greatest thing in the world. I just disagree that without lots of work the 5.0 will be much better.

Money vs performance wise I think your going to need to get into the engine building stage before seeing a big advantage on teh 5.0s. Some people talk about how cheap they are to mod, but its kindaa myth. go price out a good 5.0 longblock and it will shock you how much it realy costs.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I have to agree that the 2v heads are not hte greatest thing in the world. I just disagree that without lots of work the 5.0 will be much better.

Money vs performance wise I think your going to need to get into the engine building stage before seeing a big advantage on teh 5.0s. Some people talk about how cheap they are to mod, but its kindaa myth. go price out a good 5.0 longblock and it will shock you how much it realy costs.
Really? I've only really looked at small mods compared to 2v's. Hrmms kind of eye opening. Thanks man=P This is what I meant when I said I'm still learning about power on mustangs=P

Quick Reply: my car is totaled...