4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

75mm Accufab TB and Plenum Install. Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:27 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

Default 75mm Accufab TB and Plenum Install. Questions!!

i just installed a 75mm accufab plenum and TB today. the only thing wrong is that it bumped my idle toa little over900. it used to be at about 800. is this normal? i turned the idle all the way down on the TB and it still idles a little high. also, my pedal kind of sticks. is this just because it needs to break in? or should i spray it w/ some wd-40 And....would you recommend i get it tuned right away, or should i be ok for now?

thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 02:29 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 75mm Accufab TB and Plenum Install. Questions!!

Just disconnect your battery for a little while then when you reconnect it, the ECU will figure things out. At least that's what I have heard.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:35 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

Just disconnect your battery for a little while then when you reconnect it, the ECU will figure things out. At least that's what I have heard.
hmmm. anyone else heardd of this?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 AM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what you do with the idle screw on the TB, as the computer will set the idle speed as it deems necessary. Now, if you set the idle stop so that the the throttle blade couldn't physically close all the way, that'd be a different story. Anyway, if the idle only jumped ~100 rpm's, you should be fine, as long as you don't find yourself thinking to yourself "this is not right" when driving around. An incorrect installation of your TPS sensor can cause very annoying idle/return to idle problems, but I'm assuming your only noticable change is a slight raise in idle rpm and no hanging rpm's when letting off the gas, etc., correct?

Now, as for the throttle sticking, I have the same problem, and damnit I don't know what to do. It's REALLY annoying. If you play with the throttle by hand at the TB it seems as if it does not stick, right? That's how mine is, yet at the pedal, it sticks all the time.

As for the tune, there should be no reason for you to need a tune for a bolt-on such as this. The only thing that needs to be done is for you to allow a little time for the computer to do some re-learning, but that should be it.

Could you feel a difference from this mod? Many people say it's not worth it...those people are all wrong
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

When you disconnect the battery and reset the computer, the car needs to learn its idle again, and all the air/fuel curves etc. I say try that and see if it helps.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Topdog922
1st Gear Member

ya disconnect the battery, when the motor is cold. then start it DO NOT DRIVE IT let it sit there running until it hits running tempature. then after a minute turn it off. wait a second, and go for a drive. its called an idle re-learn. i installed a BBK TB and plenum thats what i had to do. as for your pedal after that it should break in. cause the computer will compinsate.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

yeah disconnect the battery over night, even if it doesnt fix your little problem it should be done.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:42 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheMustangLoveR

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what you do with the idle screw on the TB, as the computer will set the idle speed as it deems necessary. Now, if you set the idle stop so that the the throttle blade couldn't physically close all the way, that'd be a different story. Anyway, if the idle only jumped ~100 rpm's, you should be fine, as long as you don't find yourself thinking to yourself "this is not right" when driving around. An incorrect installation of your TPS sensor can cause very annoying idle/return to idle problems, but I'm assuming your only noticable change is a slight raise in idle rpm and no hanging rpm's when letting off the gas, etc., correct?

Now, as for the throttle sticking, I have the same problem, and damnit I don't know what to do. It's REALLY annoying. If you play with the throttle by hand at the TB it seems as if it does not stick, right? That's how mine is, yet at the pedal, it sticks all the time.

As for the tune, there should be no reason for you to need a tune for a bolt-on such as this. The only thing that needs to be done is for you to allow a little time for the computer to do some re-learning, but that should be it.

Could you feel a difference from this mod? Many people say it's not worth it...those people are all wrong
yes, exactly. i did the IAC mod as well, so that took care of the hanging RPM's. for the sticking, i didnt really have time to look at it, but it felt smooth when i played w/ the throttle by hand then i get in my car, and the pedal sticks. ill take a look at that tomorrow and if i find a solution, ill let you know. and i definitally felt an increase in tourqe (sp). especially in the mid-range. i also get that little whistle which i think sounds soo badasss. ill disconnect the battery tomorrow and let it re-learn like you guys are saying. hopefully that will help a little bit.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

Alright. im going to do that tomorrow after school.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:54 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

whats the iac mod?

nvm, search button ftw!

Quick Reply: 75mm Accufab TB and Plenum Install. Questions!!