4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Freakin Window Tinters **Grrrr**

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default Freakin Window Tinters **Grrrr**

So I go out to get my windows tinted the other day, I was so excited. So I get there and tell them what i want done, (20%). After I find out the price ($170) and everything, they said they couldn't tint over the dot matrix or it will bubble. I told them that i seen pics of mustangs that had it over the tint and it didnt bubble. Anyhow i got frustrated because the said they could do it, but they couldnt guarantee there work. Any i decided not go thru with it. Has anyone else been told this but tinted of the dot matrix anyhow, and how did it turnout, and hows it holdin up. Just frustraded, cuz i was really excited.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
willyd465
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Freakin Window Tinters **Grrrr**

when i bought my car it had the tint over the dot matrix, but it bubbled so i cut it down to just below the dots and pulled the rest off. it isn't too notice able from the outside because the dots almost make it look tinted up there
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM
thatdude305
3rd Gear Member

yeah i tinted over that ****ty *** dot crap...if the tinter knows what he is doing it should be alright..u should put 20%on doors and 5% in the back...
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya i dont like the look of the line when you stop the tint. And 5% isnt that really dark?? I still wanna be able to kinda see, but i have never seen 5%, so i dont know. I just thought 20% because thats what most people have and it looks amazing

Old 05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

I have 20% and it looks good, with my gauges and the tint I can barely see out the side at night. I don't have tint over the dots!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i got my 20% for $150 and he told me off the bat he can either cut it at the matrix or tint over it. i said tint right over it and it isnt really bubbled but it is milky white. i dont have any pics that show it good, if you want i can go take one real quick. i have a few friends who didnt get the tint all the way up on mustangs, i think it looks really stupid.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

if you want i can go take one real quick
If you wouldnt mind i would really appratiate it. Ya im like you not a big fan of the tint that stops right under the matrix.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

My first mustang (95 Cobra) i had tint put in it and they did it over the dots and it was perfect for the rest of the year that i had it. Are you taking it to some little no name place or an actual tint place? The place i take mine to is very cheap and has a lifetime warrantee... Look for a place like that!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

The best way to tint over the matrix, is find a good tint shop, and when you go, take them a blue elmer's clear dry glue stick. LIGHTLY! cover the dot matrix with the glue, then tint as normal. it works about 95% of the time, without any milky residue and you avoid the line of not tinting all the way up.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

No i took it to the best place in town, they are a car detailer/modifacaton place. Thats why i was shocked when they told that to me. Ill have to look into the glue thing. But ya its either tint over the dot matrix, or no tint at all.

Quick Reply: Freakin Window Tinters **Grrrr**