4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

how to remove gt fender badges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 AM
jusnkris
2nd Gear Member

Default how to remove gt fender badges?

whats the easiest way to do this. wanna paint em flat black to give it a more sinister look.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: how to remove gt fender badges?

Take them off like any other emblem. Heat them upwith a blower dryer or heat gun if you have access to it and then get either fishing line or dental floss and work it slowly behind the emblems.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Shelbyville
2nd Gear Member

If you are going for the sinister look, you should check out the smoked headlights. Definitely gives you stang a more evil appearance.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:21 PM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iowanine

Take them off like any other emblem. Heat them upwith a blower dryer or heat gun if you have access to it and then get either fishing line or dental floss and work it slowly behind the emblems.
+1 Heat gun and fishing lineworks perfectly.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:14 PM
jusnkris
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the tips
Old 07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
seanpaintsflames

OR, you could just take the car to a bodyshop to get the badges taken off. I (being a painter) use a flat-blade putty knife to pop them off, and then we have a tool that is basically a motorized pencil eraser, and it rubs off all the adhesive tape that is left. It takes all of about 45 seconds. Floss? That could take forever! time is money... If you drove up to my paint shop and asked me to do it, I wouldn't even bother to charge you anything it's so simple.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: seanpaintsflames

OR, you could just take the car to a bodyshop to get the badges taken off. I (being a painter) use a flat-blade putty knife to pop them off, and then we have a tool that is basically a motorized pencil eraser, and it rubs off all the adhesive tape that is left. It takes all of about 45 seconds. Floss? That could take forever! time is money... If you drove up to my paint shop and asked me to do it, I wouldn't even bother to charge you anything it's so simple.
I need a new paint job...Where ya located?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
y2kStangGT
3rd Gear Member

I have a 00 gt. if i repaint the whole car black do i have to do anything with DMV?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:39 PM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

I'd beg to differ about that. I have taken my emblem off and it takes about two minutes to take it off. So if time is money, I'd kind of waste about 2 minutes to do that at home ratgher thanhaving to gofind a paint shop,find someone to ask to do it for me, wait for them to get thetools, take them home, and paint them. That, I would probably would think that would take atleast 30 minutes atleast since I beat the majority of everybody on here does not live next door to a paint shop. But if you were to do it at home, it would take maybe 10 minutes for both with getting the adhesive tape taken off by using goop gone or rubbing alcohol.

But that is just me.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iowanine

I'd beg to differ about that. I have taken my emblem off and it takes about two minutes to take it off. So if time is money, I'd kind of waste about 2 minutes to do that at home ratgher thanhaving to gofind a paint shop,find someone to ask to do it for me, wait for them to get thetools, take them home, and paint them. That, I would probably would think that would take atleast 30 minutes atleast since I beat the majority of everybody on here does not live next door to a paint shop. But if you were to do it at home, it would take maybe 10 minutes for both with getting the adhesive tape taken off by using goop gone or rubbing alcohol.

But that is just me.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Quick Reply: how to remove gt fender badges?