4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Quick fix on A/C drain leak???

Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
txbasshound

Originally Posted by txbasshound
Long story short, I had to completely replace the drain on my '01 GT because it melted. Had to to be a little creative but it worked using 1/2" PVC and a copper nipple. I think I still have pics of it on my computer if you're interested. If you happen to live near DFW, my son and I could help you out. We live in Wylie.
Sorry...just noticed you're in Florida but if you want, I can still send you pics and info on how we replaced the one that melted on my '01 GT.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Tranquillero

Txbasshound, that would be awesome if you could send me the pictures and any info would be like gold to me right now! The drain melting makes sense If we we a bit closer I would def go over so u could show me lol thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM
txbasshound

Originally Posted by Tranquillero
Txbasshound, that would be awesome if you could send me the pictures and any info would be like gold to me right now! The drain melting makes sense If we we a bit closer I would def go over so u could show me lol thanks!
No one responded for a long time when I first did the revamped drain on my '01 GT so i guess I deleted them but I can take some pics of it in the Mustang and send them to you. I just got a 1/2 pvc 90 degree elbow that was threaded for pipe on one end (or both, it doesn't matter) and a threaded pipe nipple about 6 inches long. I then took the old drain out of the firewall and ran the 6 inch pipe nipple through the firewall and UNDER the plastic motor cover. then I screwed the nipple into the pvc elbow and marked on the plastic cover where it would seat. I then drilled a hole in the cover and superglued the pvc elbow to the plastic cover. It has worked well so far but have still had to clean it out once when ot became plugged but no biggie compared to the factory drain melting. I will get some pics of the drain I fabricated and send them to you or try to post them here.