Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-27-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
stroked302

Default 96 COBRA SC

Ok....I lookin into buyin a 96 Cobra Sc like Bill's....here is the link for you guys to look at...... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...2408800164&rd=1

So here is the deal....he already sold it on ebay, and the guy put the money in escrow for him to get when he got the car....well that took like a day n between the time it left his house n got to the buyers hourse someone drove the **** out of it the wrong way, and broke the "lower crank." He said he thinks either they missed a shift bad or just reved the **** outa it for too long. SO anyway if tthe crank just broke what else would have broken?

And How much would it probally be to get it fixed? He told me he would throw in 2 extra sets of wheels too! Any ideas what i should do? I want it cause it is NICE as hell, but I also want it to be more a part of me...he built it....so then I want to get a nice cheaper STANG to build up myself.....ANY input would be grately appriciated.

Thanx,

Lucas

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-27-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
91GT5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default 96 COBRA SC

If he broke the lower crank, that's gonna take some major work to fix. You're gonna have to pull the motor, take all the pistons off the crank, put the pistons on a new one, put it back in, plus all the other parts that are prolly weak from that kind of abuse. If you want it that bad, make sure you get a REALLY good deal on it.

P.S. Put the whole link in the post next time, none of this...crap
91GT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:17 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
96, cobra, sc