4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT

ORIGINAL: rthouck

Very nice setup by the way. I'd be interested in yanking the rear seat on my convertible for the weight savings but i think my kids might get upset at the notion of sitting on the floor... As for launches let me know what you guys are using for good launches. I'm not big into the cornering part of racing, i prefer generally straight lines. I have set up with the roush lower control arms and i'll have adjustable uppers in before i get back from iraq. I'm also using BF Goodrich drag radials, I used them on another mustang with good results.I'm pushing 400 hp at the wheels so I'm having a hell of time getting it to hook. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
the setups we have atm are nowhere near ideal drag launch setups so our numbers would really mean nothing lols. but with your amount of hp, I'd highly suggest you invest in a good suspension setup, it's only a matter of time before your hooking problem hooks you into something...

ORIGINAL: Novanutcase
Was the coilover for front and back or just back? I haven't installed the PHB or the TA yet and, yeah, the PHB is a little more involved although mine is a bolt in affair but I have to drill through the frame rails, then slip in the rail supports, cut them to the desired length, drill the other side of the frame rail. Repeat! All that andstill try to get the PHB frame to fit on both frame rails! I think it would be easier to weld it in! Mind you, fit is pretty good but our cars vary pretty wildly when you're trying to put a kit on it. Lot's of bending and stretching/shrinking you have to do to get them to fit. My friend Rodger has the PHB/Torque Tubeand it's pretty noisy although he did tell me that my car with the stuff it has in it now is quieter than his car was with the same stuff.
Rodger owns Ironworks Speed and Kustom in Bakersfield California(Not sure if that's close enough to you!) They are authorized MM dealers so they can install it the right way for you. I'm lucky enough to have a friend like him that will allow me to use his tools and his guidance as far as installing the kit in the car. Their number is (661)399-8999. Tell him John sent you.

John
Yea I have the complete coilover kit, front and rear, I was surprised when I got the front to sit right with the stock k.

I'm in SF bakersfield is still quite a haul.. I've been looking around tryna get a place to do same day installs as my dd is down for the count.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Fobra
Banned

I have grantelli coilovers - thats why im asking, I have the street spring rate right now, i think if i keep these im going to go with the 475lbs springs
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

I have grantelli coilovers - thats why im asking, I have the street spring rate right now, i think if i keep these im going to go with the 475lbs springs
Just keep in mind that that higher spring rates are going to be VERY unforgiving on the street! In other words, if your girlfriend is stacked she will not want to ride with you! LOL!

John
Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

also, granatelli is not known for their quality, be careful if your pushing it too hard as some parts may be prone to failure. They are cheaper than their competitors for a reason.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Fobra
Banned

you people spread that rumor, but so far their quality is equal to anyothers that I have seen...

I am yet to see any of their products fail... can anybody prove anything like that?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: banned

you know people spread that rumor, but so far their quality is equal to anyothers that I have seen...

I am yet to see any of their products fail... can anybody prove anything like that?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

I wish I had money around like that. [:@]
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Jennings Racing
2nd Gear Member

I seen in your pics. with the C/C plates you have no spacers on the shocks above the C/C plates how come.
I have the same set up in my car,man its fun to drive on the track/street now.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Damn... Not a bad way to spend 5 grand at all!!! LOL... what kind of wheels/tires are you running or are you planning on running?

Edit - 5k is probably an understate ment depending on how much you spent on the brakes... I know those aint cheap.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

Damn... Not a bad way to spend 5 grand at all!!! LOL... what kind of wheels/tires are you running or are you planning on running?

Edit - 5k is probably an understate ment depending on how much you spent on the brakes... I know those aint cheap.
I'm sponsored by Wilwood on a classic hot rod build I'm doing so I got them pretty cheap!

Hot Rod I'm building!

Fikse wheels is also sponsoring the build so I may buy a set a Fikse's for the track since I can get them really cheap and some American Racing Torque Thrust M's for the street but I need to find out if the TT's will clear my brakes!

Fikse Profil 5S's

American Racing Torque Thrust 2 M's

A friend of mine just got a set of these Fikse's for his GT! I think they weigh 17lbs each!

BFG is also sponsoring the Hot Rod build so I'm trying to finagalesome Road Race tires out of them! LOL! If they don't then I may just go with some Nitto NT01 or Toyo Proxes 888!

BFG R1's

Nitto NT01's

Toyo Proxes 888's

John

Quick Reply: Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT