4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

CLUTCH INSTALL w/ LT HEADERS??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:16 PM
GT35thconvertable
2nd Gear Member

Default CLUTCH INSTALL w/ LT HEADERS??

I have a 99 mustang GT convertable and recently purchased the centerforce dual friction clutch and need it installed. The problem is I have BBK longtube headers and dont know if one side needs to be taken off or if they need to be losened or if they need to be taken off at all. Please anyone who has bbk longtubes let me know what I have to do.THANKS ALOT
Old 03-08-2005, 03:44 PM
trbuddy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CLUTCH INSTALL w/ LT HEADERS??

Hey did you get a noticable improvement with the BBK headers? And did you change the H or X pipe as well and if, any improvements?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

you have to remover LTs when you do the clutch. i got mine done a few months ago and the first thing the shop asked me was "do you have LT headers?" so i am guessing there will be a price difference in the install since you have the headers as opposed to stock
Old 03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
GT35thconvertable
2nd Gear Member

man I hate to hear that. Ive heard from a few of my buddies it depends on the header you have..And the bbks just the passenger side comes off or just losened..hopefully thats true. And as for the improvements Yeah it did a world of deal for the sound and it picks up alot better on top end. I am running 8.5 at the track now with LTs and X with 4.10 gears and 10.5 wide yokohamas and a shifter and intake.also got nitrous but havent used it on the track yet. cant get any traction at the last track I was at soo no use.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

you probably cant get traction b/c you need a drag radial with those 4.10s. the clutch cant help your wheels grip if anything it will let you launch even quicker and to get the most out of your car you are going to have to get some nittos
Old 03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I will find out tomorrow if you need to remove them or not. They have been working on getting mine out and the guy saud the LT headers are a pain to get around. He said he is gonna try some more. He thinks he can turn it a certain way to get it out. We will soon see.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:13 AM
GT35thconvertable
2nd Gear Member

thanks jdaniel thats some information I really need to know. I would love to get around those hearders....Give me as much detail as possible I really need it. By the way are u changing your clutch and what kind did you decide to go with. thanks alot man....
Old 03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
GT35thconvertable
2nd Gear Member

thanks jdaniel thats some information I really need to know.Find out as much as you can for me and let me know. oh yeah are u replacing your clutch and if so what kind of clutch did you end up going with...thanks alot man..
Old 03-09-2005, 01:36 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Im getting the TSB for the synchros done. My third gear was shot. Im putting a spec stage II in it though.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:28 AM
GT35thconvertable
2nd Gear Member

I figured I knew most of the parts on these mustangs but I dont know what a tsp is and what is the syncros and what does it do. Probably should know this stuff but if ya dont mind fill me in.

Quick Reply: CLUTCH INSTALL w/ LT HEADERS??