4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:36 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Lowering Question

ORIGINAL: Aereon

ORIGINAL: darcnytemare

I got the eibach prokit on my car. lowered it bout 1.5". still have a moderate amount of wheel gap but its delable considering the handling. eibach springs r stiff so the ride may be a little harsher(not really bad though) but they do let your car corner better. if you want a low stance got with the sportlines
eibach springs are actually a lot less stiff than most people think they are, the main reason why your car rides like *** is due to the fact that your stock shocks/struts arent able to dampen much with any type of shorter than stock spring. Eibachs arent all that great at cornering, but make you think that way as the stock springs were very forgiving and designed that way. H&R springs would have to be the ones I'd say handle the best out of all the diff mustangs I've sat in during our mustang club's autox day.
I think this is all personal opinion.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

What ever brand springs you like. If you want to go low you'll need CC plates. And don't forget your alignment when you're done.
+1 if you got lower than 1.5" you'll want to get some CC plates to avoid irregular wear on your tires. They will save you soe cash in the long run.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Smartoss

H&R Super Sports. Comes with a Pinion snubber. and gives a great drop.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Fobra
Banned

areon is right, you need new shocks and struts for sure. fora 2" drop you also need c/c plates. But if I may, I recommend getting only a 1.5 drop, esp if you plan on doing any kind of a body kit, except the cobra front end bc it has a straight lip and you can lower your car 3" with it if your very careful... I have to be very careful with mine, and i have a 1.5
Old 12-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Pest007
2nd Gear Member

Go with Ford Racing "C" springs, they ride good, eliminate the wheel gap, no need for CC plates, and are good price, for a daily driver, they work great.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

I would not recommend spending that much on an eibach coilover system. The only reason or way I would recommend eibach products if your looking for performance gains, is if they were cheaper. Unfortunately they are not, they are more prone to sagging than any other spring I have seen. H&R's have had an amazing track record so far, and as for a coilover kit, buy them from a company that actually track tests their products, Griggs and Maximum Motorsport coilovers are about the only ones I would trust as they thuroughly track their products.

Good luck with your decision, take what everyone says in here with a grain of salt.
gee thanx...make me regret buying them hahahaha[sm=laughat.gif]I guess thats the price i pay for wanting my car lowered asap. shoulda just bought coil overs from the get go. -1 for me
Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darcnytemare

I would not recommend spending that much on an eibach coilover system. The only reason or way I would recommend eibach products if your looking for performance gains, is if they were cheaper. Unfortunately they are not, they are more prone to sagging than any other spring I have seen. H&R's have had an amazing track record so far, and as for a coilover kit, buy them from a company that actually track tests their products, Griggs and Maximum Motorsport coilovers are about the only ones I would trust as they thuroughly track their products.

Good luck with your decision, take what everyone says in here with a grain of salt.
gee thanx...make me regret buying them hahahaha[sm=laughat.gif]I guess thats the price i pay for wanting my car lowered asap. shoulda just bought coil overs from the get go. -1 for me
Don't regret buying them from something I've said. If they work and achieve the outcome your looking for then there should be no regrets. Coilovers are alot more expensive than just a lowering spring/shock/strut setup, the benefits are better weight transfer and your able to lower the car much more without compromising the quality of the ride as much as you would with the conventional way.

Mod to your preference, thats what makes modding your car fun^^.