4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Any tips for installing magnapack catback?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default Any tips for installing magnapack catback?

I should be recieving my magnaflow magnapack catback soon..

Any tips on installation? I'm thinking of using a saw to just cut the factory one apart to make it easier to get out..
Old 12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
chrismartintx
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Any tips for installing magnapack catback?

we just put my little brothers on yesterday. pretty easy... would have been easier on stock suspension. we took a sawzall to the tailpipe just behind the muffler & a cutoff wheel to the little end on the hangers from the stock stuff. it all came off really easily. going back in the with the new tailpipe was kinda hard cause his car is dropped 1.8" in the rear. everything cleared just fine and sounded pretty good once we get her started. there are instruction with it in the box & start from the front of the car & work back. this helped with fitting everything together.

-chris
Old 12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
vertmustang98gt
2nd Gear Member

You can do that it is pretty easy either way.. You shouldn't have a problem.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 PM
arcticman37
3rd Gear Member

Cut the stock catback close to the axle, try not to screw up your rubber exahaust hangers (you'll still use those) With my car on a lift once I got the stocker cut off it took me all of 20 minutes.....
Old 12-15-2007, 12:35 AM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

yah youre just going to want to cut off the stock one off just above the axle so you can slide the rest out

and make sure when you clamp on the exhaust, clamp it on the upperside so it doesn't show when people look under, it'll have a cleaner look :]
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
vertmustang98gt
2nd Gear Member

+1 I feel it

ORIGINAL: jEEd

yah youre just going to want to cut off the stock one off just above the axle so you can slide the rest out

and make sure when you clamp on the exhaust, clamp it on the upperside so it doesn't show when people look under, it'll have a cleaner look :]
Old 12-15-2007, 01:54 AM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

ok you have the be perfect with the install....make sure the tail pipes are evenly spaced between the axle/tailpipe gap and swaybar/tailpipe gap...every bump the suspension compressess and the tailpipe will hit ont he sway bar or tail pipe if it isnt evenly placed between them
Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cisurfer

ok you have the be perfect with the install....make sure the tail pipes are evenly spaced between the axle/tailpipe gap and swaybar/tailpipe gap...every bump the suspension compressess and the tailpipe will hit ont he sway bar or tail pipe if it isnt evenly placed between them
+1

It took me 2 tries on the lift before I got that damn rear sway bar to quit hitting the pipes that go over the axle. I ended up splitting the difference and also making a quarter sized indention about 1" deep on both pipes...hammers are your friend

ORIGINAL: jEEd
also, if your car is lowered, this will help keep those damn bolts from catching speed bumps...I hit mine 2 times before I flipped 'em over