4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Default Mustang quality

how can you learn what the dealer paid, research?
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 AM
gvr4ever

Default Mustang quality

Originally Posted by Jugador
</P>

</P>

Google has failed me. Please point me to the way.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 02:28 AM
mrfordgt91

Default Mustang quality

i can tell you what honda yamaha etc make on their bikes but i cant tell you what ford makes on their cars. my guess is that most salesman wont know youd probably have to find a friendly sales manager or someone who has worked at a dealership for a long time.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:30 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Default Mustang quality

bah...whateva. i dont picture myself buying a new car (or anything from a dealer)any time soon. private sellers just sell em for less generally.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 02:34 AM
gvr4ever

Default Mustang quality

bah...whateva. i dont picture myself buying a new car (or anything from a dealer)any time soon. private sellers just sell em for less generally.</P>

</P>

</P>

You are right. Right now though, I want to break in the car myself. The last few used stangs I have looked at had the crap beat out of them. I'd like to know where the car had been from day 1. U loost a lot of value driving off the lot, but u also get to treat the car right. I don't have the luxury of shopping from private owners right now. My current car is all good and I drive it every day, but I want to hop into a no hassle car, full waranty.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Default Mustang quality

i understand that, but im 15 and id take anything...driven to s**t or not.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 02:44 AM
mrfordgt91

Default Mustang quality

just dont get a v6 jugador there are enough kids with v6 mustangs that think they are the sh*t. the world doesnt need anymore of them
Old 10-10-2003, 02:54 AM
gvr4ever

Default Mustang quality

Originally Posted by mrfordgt91
just dont get a v6 jugador there are enough kids with v6 mustangs that think they are the sh*t. the world doesnt need anymore of them
</P>

</P>

I got a v6 as a rental once. It makes a good rental and that's it. I would NEVER buy one. Me need more power. Also I think it is safe to say the GTs are built better. They can't even get the v6 tail lights to lign up right.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
gvr4ever

Default Mustang quality

Originally Posted by gvr4ever

</P>

</P>

Google has failed me. Please point me to the way.</P>

</P>

</P>

bump.</P>

I am going to the dealer Saturday. That is if I have all the needed info I want. I can figure out invoice at ford.com, but that doesn't mean the dealer acually paid invoice. Also, ford motor co might have a cash back to the dealer for selling a car. If I could get all the info, I might be able to save lots of cash and the sales person would still make money. Also, if you have all the facts, you can point them out to the sales person and work from real numbers. For a 03 stang, I should be able to get it with the sales person making 300-500 buxs. It would depend on how many they had to unload. I havn't even been to the dealer yet, so I'm not sure. If you go in without kowing the real numbers, you could pay for the sales person to feed his family steak dinners for a month.</P>
Old 10-10-2003, 05:06 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default Mustang quality

The invoice price for the car IS what the dealer pays for the car BEFORE kick backs and spiffs. The amount the dealer is kicked back is based on the number of cars he as sold for the period, usually a month or a quarter. The best time to buy a car is at the end of the month, just look around for the board where they keep the sales for each salesperson. Ask for the person with the MOST sales (not the worst), because the top salesman usually has some pull with the finance manager. I've seen it happen. </P>

Another great idea is to ask the salesman if you purchase ALL the available warranties and service contracts, how much would he go down on the price of the car. Then, once you close the deal, CANCEL ALL OF THEM! (you would seriously *** up the salesman's bonus if you do though!). You will get a full refund on all the warranties etc. Do all of these things and you should easily be able to buy a new GT for 20k flat.</P>