4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HEADLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HEADLIGHTS

I got smoked clear corners from stangmods and mirror turn signal bulbs from xenon mods.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GTpony

Im thinking of getting the black angel eye LED projectors very soon.
+1
Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GTpony

Im thinking of getting the black angel eye LED projectors very soon.
I'd like to see what it looks like, which ones are you looking at?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:17 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

I have the chrome angel eyes (leds disconnected) and black projector fog lights with 6000k hid kit on both. I know they say the projectors are rice but they are not, especiallyif u have hid lights. The stock housings are not designed for hid and look bad to oncoming traffic, even if they are aimed down. I did a lot of research on this and I have found that u don't need anything higher than 6000k with a projector hid setup because the cut off will make the lights appear blue and certain angles just like the BMW, Benz, Nissan, etc. After I let my little brother drive it behind me the effect was amazing. The heads and fogs "flick" from purple to blue-green to a vivid blue to white and at the extreme angle (down hill for example) a quick orange-red to white. It sounds strange but it honestly looks really good and better for other drivers in the oncoming lane then bright blue colored hids in stock housing. If u are worried about the rice look, do what I did and leave the leds unplugged. Believe it or not the ones with the leds and angle eyeshave the best projector (Osram or something like that) diameter and placement for hid H1 bulbs. The human eye is more sensitive to glare from blue xenon light than 4300-6000K. That's why factory hids are 4300K, and the top hid bulb makers Osram/Sylvania don't make bulbs over 6000K. Do a little research and u will be surprised at how much projectors help hids.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuslee842

I have the chrome angel eyes (leds disconnected) and black projector fog lights with 6000k hid kit on both. I know they say the projectors are rice but they are not, especiallyif u have hid lights. The stock housings are not designed for hid and look bad to oncoming traffic, even if they are aimed down. I did a lot of research on this and I have found that u don't need anything higher than 6000k with a projector hid setup because the cut off will make the lights appear blue and certain angles just like the BMW, Benz, Nissan, etc. After I let my little brother drive it behind me the effect was amazing. The heads and fogs "flick" from purple to blue-green to a vivid blue to white and at the extreme angle (down hill for example) a quick orange-red to white. It sounds strange but it honestly looks really good and better for other drivers in the oncoming lane then bright blue colored hids in stock housing. If u are worried about the rice look, do what I did and leave the leds unplugged. Believe it or not the ones with the leds and angle eyeshave the best projector (Osram or something like that) diameter and placement for hid H1 bulbs. The human eye is more sensitive to glare from blue xenon light than 4300-6000K. That's why factory hids are 4300K, and the top hid bulb makers Osram/Sylvania don't make bulbs over 6000K. Do a little research and u will be surprised at how much projectors help hids.
Got pics?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

I'll post a few soon.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:49 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Okay here is my work in progress.

driving lights (lights look like they are on because of flash)

HID fogs 6000K blue cut off

HID fogs and head lights

fog cut-off

headlight cut-off

hid head and fog together cut off

Chase led tail light set-up soon to come.

P.S. I still have to align the lights perfectly which alot easier said than done. The leds on the left side are connected to show what they would look like if someone wanted them connected.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:56 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

HID fog close up

Old 03-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Are those the projector foglamps too? any day pics?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
IanJK46conv
2nd Gear Member

aereon..nice car man.
marcuslee842- you're absolutely right. my cousin, who is on the dark side(he drives a mazdaspeed6), has been into certain things like HIDs ever since he started driving. he's kinda dorky but hes a great kid. anyway, he explained hids to me and the projectors were obviously made for hid lights. Id be totally for the idea if i had anything but an american made car. no offence, but i'm just not into the look for mustangs. although, if people like the look or could care less, the HID/projector idea is the most efficient way to go about aftermarket lighting. nice pics, nice lighting... to chromed out. i'm for it on the bimmers though.

Quick Reply: HEADLIGHTS