4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Heater Hose On PI Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
whitestang97
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Heater Hose On PI Swap

ORIGINAL: simplyme0484

Yep!!! There or in a junker. But remember, that tube distributes water to the heater. If you rarely or never use your heater, you can eliminated, plus giving you some extra power since the water only travels in one direction.It took me 1 year to complete my swap. Reading articles, looking for the RIGHT part and not just one that says¨it will increase 14rwhp¨and figuring out what was the best choice part by part. If you need anything else, feel free to just askI was in your shoes 3 weeks ago.
yea i do use my heater in the winter...i live in south texas and it can kinda get chilly in the winter..lol..although right now my dam heater core needs to be replace....i already did it once and 3 months later it blew out again!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
98SN95
2nd Gear Member

i am about to get started building my motor, i bought the ford racing pi heads from jegs, just have to get the intake and other stuff, as for as the other stuff can yiou tell me what ill need??
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
simplyme0484
1st Gear Member

Damn!!!! That sucks. Well in your case, you do need the tube, oh and don't wast your time looking fot it on ebay, TRUST ME. Go hit up some junkers to see if you can find one.

Nice set up by the way!!!!!! I went with Stage 2 P&P PI heads with high flow stainless steal valves and behive springs, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Typhoon Int., Bassani headers and no cat x pipe, borla catback, 24lb inj., 80mm mass air, 9mm wires, 3.73 gears and a Predator tune. Plus all the bolt on's available. I haven't dyno tested it yet, but I'm already thinking NOS[&:][&:][&:]
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
98SN95
2nd Gear Member

can that tuner take care of all the tuning needed for the pi swap????
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
simplyme0484
1st Gear Member

You'll need thermostat o ring, water pump nipple, the plenum gasket, Ford Head Changing kit (brings bolts, head gaskets, oil tube), intake gaskets, timing cover gasket (recomended, if its out why not change them) coolant tube (the99-04 one) motor oil, coolant. I think thats pretty much does it

ORIGINAL: 98SN95

i am about to get started building my motor, i bought the ford racing pi heads from jegs, just have to get the intake and other stuff, as for as the other stuff can yiou tell me what ill need??
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
simplyme0484
1st Gear Member

can that tuner take care of all the tuning needed for the pi swap????
Yes and no. It does help you with the basic tunnig purpuse, but I strongly recomend that you get a serious tunner or have it dyno tune by somebody that knows about mustangs. Trust me, you will feel the difference.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:31 PM
whitestang97
2nd Gear Member

i have a plastic pi intake if you want it i'll give it to you for 100 bucks shipped....

as for everything else all you really need are new head gaskets new head bolts and maybe a dipstick tube...i know summit sells a kit that has all that in it for like 120 bucks
Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 PM
whitestang97
2nd Gear Member

Damn!!!! That sucks. Well in your case, you do need the tube, oh and don't wast your time looking fot it on ebay, TRUST ME. Go hit up some junkers to see if you can find one.

Nice set up by the way!!!!!! I went with Stage 2 P&P PI heads with high flow stainless steal valves and behive springs, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Typhoon Int., Bassani headers and no cat x pipe, borla catback, 24lb inj., 80mm mass air, 9mm wires, 3.73 gears and a Predator tune. Plus all the bolt on's available. I haven't dyno tested it yet, but I'm already thinking NOS[&:][&:][&:]
yea i dont think just leaving it out is an optional...lol

as for my set up....i plan on p&p the heads...i already have everything in my sig....have you got any track times with your set up???
Old 03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
whitestang97
2nd Gear Member

lol...yea and all that stuff too....thought i was leavin somethin out

You'll need thermostat o ring, water pump nipple, the plenum gasket, Ford Head Changing kit (brings bolts, head gaskets, oil tube), intake gaskets, timing cover gasket (recomended, if its out why not change them) coolant tube (the99-04 one) motor oil, coolant. I think thats pretty much does it

Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
simplyme0484
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whitestang97

yea i dont think just leaving it out is an optional...lol

as for my set up....i plan on p&p the heads...i already have everything in my sig....have you got any track times with your set up???
LOL!!!!

No, I still don't have track times, because as of right now, my mecanic is finishing instaling the Typhoon intake and getting ready to tune the hell out of it. I have to wait around two week to get it to the track, so as to give the new part the proper break-in, but belive me, I'm diying to go and test it out. We are looking for 12.5 or something around it, so when NOS comes, we go to 11.3 with a 100shot

Quick Reply: Heater Hose On PI Swap