4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got rid of traction control!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Got rid of traction control!!!

Ok, I tinkered around with the wires behind the traction control switch for 30 mins trying to figure out how to make it automatically turn off when you start your car (i got it to work on my volkswagen), i did it the stupid way and used a 1 inch "jumper" wire and put it on different spots behind the switch (now i cant disengage the traction control with the wire out anymore[:@], i cant get the light to turn on) but i got it to where the traction control is off (light on) when you start your car, if you were to try this i seriously dont think it will hurt anything because the only reason mine is messed up is because i kept putting the wire in different spots, but i got it to work and i know i will never use the tcs again so it doesent bother me that i cant get it to turn back on, but for those of you who want to know, just pull the traction control switch out and put the jumper wire in the blue wire with the red stripe, and the other end in the black wire with the blue stripe (they are right next to each other), and turn your car on, the light should be on and you can peel out of your driveway, if you do this let me know if it worked (i know it will), but i am going to go to radio shack and get a resistor and use that instead of the jumper wire so you can still disable it if you need to....i will update this soon, but on a side note does anyone know why i cant disengage my tcs?? I can only do it with the wire in, and i dont have anyblown fuses...
Old 04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got rid of traction control!!!

Good info, thanks. I probably won't actually do it because you never know when it might rain, and my car is a daily driver. Traction control has kicked in on my car a few times already and it has actually helped. But good find.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

Yea I will get it to where it is off (light on) when you start your car but you can still turn it on (light off) when you press the button again, i will figure it out tomarrow...
Old 04-13-2005, 11:43 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

[:@] Nevermind it comes back on when you turn your lights on...damn it
Old 04-14-2005, 01:43 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I just shut mine off with the predator tuner.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

yea the predator turns it off no problem thats what i would do but it has saved my life a few times so ima keep it on.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:44 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

yea the predator turns it off no problem thats what i would do but it has saved my life a few times so ima keep it on.
Whatever you are comfortable with. It's pretty easy to push the button and shut it off if you want to.

I spent the last 20 years driving hi-po rear drive cars without traction control. The traction control is more likely to get ME in an accident than out of one......because I am so used to what the car will do when it breaks loose. The traction control adds an element of unpredictability.

If someone else was driving my car who was used to a front drive 4 banger or something, I would make sure the traction control was ON.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

Yea I know what you mean when it could get you into an accident with it on, i have had 8 different cars and only this car and my vw have traction control and on both cars when it has kicked in it has actually slowed me down trying to accelarate out of a tight situation, so if i could take the system out completly i would

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

Whatever you are comfortable with. It's pretty easy to push the button and shut it off if you want to.

I spent the last 20 years driving hi-po rear drive cars without traction control. The traction control is more likely to get ME in an accident than out of one......because I am so used to what the car will do when it breaks loose. The traction control adds an element of unpredictability.

If someone else was driving my car who was used to a front drive 4 banger or something, I would make sure the traction control was ON.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

The traction control adds an element of unpredictability.

That is so true. I drove with it on once in slick weather. Car stepped gave a little counter and throttle and BLAM the TCS kicked in and started tossing the car around. Clutch in and coast. Stupid TCS.

I have driven in NE winters for years and stepping or sliding doesn't bother me one bit. Corrections have become second nature.

It's turned of permently via the Predator.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 AM
dlarge122878
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info.........Another mod knocked off the list.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got rid of traction control!!!