4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

loudmouth exhaust system installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
ilyaf88

Default loudmouth exhaust system installation

Hey guys

I'm about to get a loudmouth Exhaust system (the first one), and I was just wondering is ithard to install it with just two people. I am not really meachanically inclined[sm=boosign.gif]but my friend kind of is. We both never did anything like this and dont really wana f**k my car up if its difficult to do (is there welding). If i go to a shop locally how much am I looking at having to pay to install it?

Also does anyone have a loudmouth? Do you like it? How does it sound? I think ima get it from americanmuscle.com for only $420 with shipping is tat a good price?

Thanks

Ilya
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: loudmouth exhaust system installation

the SLP catback systemis the easiest to instal

all you need is some sockets a sawzall and some pb blaster and about an hour and a half to 2 hours

and if you put in the dicount code "mustangforums" in the code box and get 6% off
Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
ilyaf88

OH DAMN dude thanks alot I didnt even know about the discount code and i already bought a bunch of things from there lol I'll def. have to use it next time.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
PumpkinStang

I just put the SLP loudmouths on my car last week. Your definetly gonna love the sound the name is no understatement. But anyways the install is extremely straight forward just follow the directions and make sure the pipes arent touching anything under the car.The hardest partof the install is removing the old pipes.One bit of advice for this is instead of wresteling the pipes out of the exaust hangers by the mufflers just remove the two bolts that hold the bracket for the hangers up. Then remove the bracket once the pipe is out of the car and reinstall...much more simple. Good luck with the new parts!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
andysm
1st Gear Member

Two people arenot necessary. Use a saws all to cut out the over axle section. And definitely drop the hanger brackets down with the muffle still in them. I used a floor jack to hold the weight of the muffler as I took out the two screws. Then I used the saws all to cut the heads off the rods attached to the muffler and then they slipped right out of the rubber. That is probably the hardest part of it, but it is easy if you do it that way.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

just got a magnaflow catted x and LM1's installed today. i didn't really know what i was doing so i took it to a local shop that my family is familiar with. they were gonna charge $125 for just the LM's but i got the x-pipe too so it ended up being an even $200. took 'em a little over an hour.

i'm gonna warn u man...i didn't think anything would be loud enough for me...but uh...let's just say these things ARE LOUD AS ****!! no more romping it at stoplights or any of that. ur gonna be shifting before 2k RPMS if u don't want a ticket.

they ARE amazing tho! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 PM
bigplu1

I just ordered the LoudMouth I catback system and am having it installed Friday. Are they truely as loud as everyone says they are even with stock headers and mid-pipe?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM
ilyaf88

Hey so far thanks alot guys!!!!!!

Hey bigplu1 how much did u pay for ur loudmouth and were did u get it?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
bigplu1

I paid $425 and that included the certified 3-Day shipping and that's from AmericanMuscle.com. I am a repeat customer and have never had a problem and will continue to be a customer with them. I saw on LMPerformance.com you can get the system for $398 with free shipping but it does not ship until the third week of April.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM
ilyaf88

ok cool thanks

Quick Reply: loudmouth exhaust system installation