4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Loudest exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest exhaust

ORIGINAL: ThePunisher

but slp 1's are a type of muffler? any of you guys have a good link to them.
when most people say lm1's they're talking about the whole catback. i bought mine off american muscle. they had the cheapest price that i could find

http://www.americanmuscle.com/slplokit98gt.html

i will pm u a discount code too that will take 6% off
Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Go with lm 1 or 2 mufflers or cat-back. Look up youtube clips and pick the one you like. I am pretty much the loudest sports car in my neighborhood and haven't heard any longtubes with no cats on a car in person. You won't regret getting the loudmouths, definitly the best all around cat-back/mufflers around.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

i am not exactly sure what dumping means. why do you want the exhaust to be so loud? do you not have to worry about cops or something? but if you want loud what i would do is long tubes (and yes they add considerable sound and the best power gain) into electric cutouts. this will allow you to run open headers at the push of a button, which will be by far the loudest exhaust because you aren't using your exhaust haha
Old 04-15-2008, 05:09 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

here is a link for just the resonators:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/slp-lo...esonators.html

i'm not sure if it will sound the same as the whole catback, but if u are on a budget i'd say just weld those on
Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmsjags

here is a link for just the resonators:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/slp-lo...esonators.html

i'm not sure if it will sound the same as the whole catback, but if u are on a budget i'd say just weld those on
can you just weld them in? they are a straight back muffler so i don't know if you can just weld them in ( i haven't looked at a stock exhaust that closely) but i thought the muffler had the inlet pipe and the outlet pipe on opposite sides
Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

Bassani is pretty damn loud...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=brce1Y4teEQ
Old 04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

can you just weld them in? they are a straight back muffler so i don't know if you can just weld them in ( i haven't looked at a stock exhaust that closely) but i thought the muffler had the inlet pipe and the outlet pipe on opposite sides
i think ur right. i just looked at the instructions on the website and i think u actually just slide them in
Old 04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
medrick
2nd Gear Member

i bought bbk longtubes and a bbk off road h pipe and i'm gonnabolt the slp loudmouth's up right behind it. it doesn't get any louder than that. and yes you'll have to have something made to hook them up. i'm gonna either buy a tip and clamp it onto the muffler or have a muffler shop make me a tip so it will bolt up just like the h pipe does to the headers. then i'm either gonna run dumps or side exit if possible (it might be too far back for the side exit).
Old 04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

My vid was posted up in the second or third post but it is loud, too loud for me, gets really annoying after awhile and you look like an attention ***** with it. I'm always getting crap from cops for it too. I have a set of LM2's also but they're too quiet so I'm gonna be doing a little customizing, cut them open, take some of the packing out and weld them back up. Anyways, you'd really be better off to just get the SLP catback, because the SLP's will not go into the existing catback without alot of modification. The SLP's are center inlet/outlet and the flowmasters/stock catback is offset and the mufflers won't just clamp in.
A dumped exhaust is just when there are turndowns right after the muffler, no piping after it.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 PM
jlw2387
3rd Gear Member

Screw exhaust, real men forget about it.
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN1225.flv

Quick Reply: Loudest exhaust