4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

racing a 500hp benz, if I win it's MINE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: racing a 500hp benz, if I win it's MINE!

Also check www.vtengines.com for the stroker kit......good guy over there!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Does this guy know about the 15k your dad is gonna fund you with? If I was him I'd call it off if I knew you had that much money to mod your stang.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: kubball2005

Does this guy know about the 15k your dad is gonna fund you with? If I was him I'd call it off if I knew you had that much money to mod your stang.

I think it will be close. First of all, going from low 230RWHP to over 600RWHP will take ALOT of driver adjustment, secondly you got to get all that power to the ground and you will not be consistent for awhile. No disrespect, but my $$ is on the Benz.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:56 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: kubball2005

I think it will be close. First of all, going from low 230RWHP to over 600RWHP will take ALOT of driver adjustment, secondly you got to get all that power to the ground and you will not be consistent for awhile. No disrespect, but my $$ is on the Benz.
True that Code. That is a HUGE HUGE jump in HP! Hope you can drive kid!!! LOL
Old 04-26-2005, 03:07 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LuvBottles97GT

OK, well first of all, get an HP Stage II kit, a billet stroker kit, full exhaust, P-51 intake, upgrade your fuel system, a gear, a fat *** Mickey T in the back and you could spot him 5 and the hit and still win. I will be pushing 750HP+++ with almost the same set up this winter. Talk to HP and those guys will help you more. Check their web site out and you will be amazed www.turbochargedpower.com

Agreed!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: LuvBottles97GT

OK, well first of all, get an HP Stage II kit, a billet stroker kit, full exhaust, P-51 intake, upgrade your fuel system, a gear, a fat *** Mickey T in the back and you could spot him 5 and the hit and still win. I will be pushing 750HP+++ with almost the same set up this winter. Talk to HP and those guys will help you more. Check their web site out and you will be amazed www.turbochargedpower.com

Agreed!
Yeah those guys are cool as hell! I recomend them to anyone interested in a turbo!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

He does have a year to do all work and learn to drive it with all the new hp!!!!

ORIGINAL: code3GT

[quote]ORIGINAL: marcuslee842

I told him give me about a year and he said cool.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

Check this out. www.fast-autos.net/mercedes/03mercedescl55.html Unless this guy has modified his benz, I believe with the help of 15gs, you can get that stang to be quicker than a 12sec car in the quarter. That's my .02

Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

That's just the thing the race isn't tommorow! LOL. I have a lot of time to get ME and the CAR ready and set-up to use it properly. True, that is a big increase in HP but I will have to do what everyone else does with a high Hp car, learn to drive it. Also it will increase gradually, I won't buy and install everything at the same time, if I did that then whats the point of waiting a year? Getting used to the car and learning what me and the car are capable of will be the best part. Also I'm not an idiot, you don't practice on busy street flooring it just to get out of a parking space or beat a changing light. Plus I drive his Benz somtimes, you have to get used to the torque (very light pedal pressure or you will get thrown back hard) but other than that it's not rocket science. C'mon! If I had no idea what I was doing I would have a Hyndai Elantra and not a Mustang and be on this forum! LOL. I have been driving since I was 10 (father had a Superbee) not that that means anything but I do understand the dangers and risks involved just like anyone else. I like to hear people go with the Benz it will only make the victory sweeter! Oh yeah, I will let you guys in on a little secret. He likes to show off these cars but he can't DRIVE them. He has about 9 cars the only ones that are sporty are the Benz and a Lexus GS400. He very rarely drives his Benz or the Lex! His other cars are a tarus station wag, 2 jeep grand cherokke's, s-10 pick-up, Lexus SUV, 91 explorer, 94 caviler, and some other daily beater. He dosen't drive the Benz because he says it scares him (and this guy wants a Lambo). He just likes to have nice cars but he is not a performance oriented gear head like most of us. I was scaring him to death when I was driving his Benz! He kept telling me to slow down. He feels the track is a safe place to let loose, so therefore I shall relieve him of his Benz!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:00 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

how do you think that the frame and axles of a mustang GT will support 750 HP??????

this car was not ment to b at almost 800 hp my friend

Quick Reply: racing a 500hp benz, if I win it's MINE!