4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WideBand Air Fuel Gauge

Old 08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
SteveMasterZerox9
2nd Gear Member

Default WideBand Air Fuel Gauge

Was wondering which air fuel gauge I should get (wideband). I know the ones around 400 to 500 or good but was wondering more about the ones in the 250 price range. Which ones do you guys have. Input is appreciated. Also where to find a 3 gauge pillar pod that fits 04 mustangs I found out some of them only fit older stangs like the 01's. And which two other gauges would be good, looking into a boost gauge and then for the third im not sure yet.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innov...spagenameZWDVW
Iv'e been running this one for a little bit now and have had no issue's. And as for the other two guages I would run an oil pressure and fuel pressure.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

If you just want to have one in your pillar for reference, then just a cheap gauge kit will do just fine. If you are planning on tuning with it, I highly recommend one with datalogging capabilities.

Ebay is probly your best bet on the pillar pod. If you want a dual gauge pillar, I'll sell you an autometer one real cheap, brand new. I decided to go with the cluster pod.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I have an autometer C2 wideband. I also have 3 04 coupe triple gauge pods in my garage. I ordered one from 50resto and they kept messing up and sending me more. I would sell you one but I'm not home to ship it off, sorry. Jegs and 50resto have the best prices on pillers.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 AM
magden auto

Default Wideband and AFR gauge

There are a couple on the lower cost, Zeitronix and Innovate. To make things even easier, both of these can connect to our M.1b Performance Computer, so you can see the gauge on an LCD screen.

The M.1b also shows a whole bunch of other gauges since it connects to your OBD-II port. The data comes from the ECU and you will see MAF, IAT, ECT, Ignition Timing, Dynamic Horsepower and Torque, etc...

The Zeitronix part also allows extra sensors to be installed on your vehicle and easily connected to their module. We can display those as well. So if you wanted to add say, oil temp, pressure, another Intake Air temp, EGT, it is no problem and you will see them on your LCD screen.

Speaking of which, we output composite video, s-video, VGA and others, so chances are if you already have a screen in your car (like a 1DIN or 2DIN all in one stereo, and it has an external video input) this is super easy to do. Those difficult gauge installs are a thing of the past. No more drilling thru the firewall, finding power and grounds and mounting gauges in your line of site.

The gauges are customizable too. You can pick the layout, skin and colors, which we haven't seen another product allow. Check out our site and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:42 AM
SUP3RSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackstallion666
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innov...spagenameZWDVW
Iv'e been running this one for a little bit now and have had no issue's. And as for the other two guages I would run an oil pressure and fuel pressure.

i have that wideband system just with an analog gauge.. even bought it from the same guy off ebay. offer him 200 he will take it in a heartbeat
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
magden auto

The first question I should have asked is, "What do you want to do by looking at AFR or the Lambda value?" If it is for tuning, then don't go cheap. Make sure the sensor and gauge will give you good data. Like the other post, datalogging would be beneficial as well.
Also, are you looking to do just one or one per bank? I've had some customers put two on to see what each side of the engine is doing. I have some more info on the Zeitronix stuff and the Innovate stuff. Both provide good data and are under $500 each. I think the Zeitronix is around $300 retail and the Innovate is around $250 retail.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
vortech01vert
2nd Gear Member

i have the aem one and it works real good at a really good price
Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
magden auto

Vortech01vert,
Does the AEM gauge data log? Can you tell me exactly which wide band lambda they are using? Bosch, NGK, NTK or ???

We are actually working with AEM to display their serial data stream from their ECUs they sell.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
nickel417
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by magden auto
There are a couple on the lower cost, Zeitronix and Innovate. To make things even easier, both of these can connect to our M.1b Performance Computer, so you can see the gauge on an LCD screen.

The M.1b also shows a whole bunch of other gauges since it connects to your OBD-II port. The data comes from the ECU and you will see MAF, IAT, ECT, Ignition Timing, Dynamic Horsepower and Torque, etc...

The Zeitronix part also allows extra sensors to be installed on your vehicle and easily connected to their module. We can display those as well. So if you wanted to add say, oil temp, pressure, another Intake Air temp, EGT, it is no problem and you will see them on your LCD screen.

Speaking of which, we output composite video, s-video, VGA and others, so chances are if you already have a screen in your car (like a 1DIN or 2DIN all in one stereo, and it has an external video input) this is super easy to do. Those difficult gauge installs are a thing of the past. No more drilling thru the firewall, finding power and grounds and mounting gauges in your line of site.

The gauges are customizable too. You can pick the layout, skin and colors, which we haven't seen another product allow. Check out our site and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
anyone here running this computer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WideBand Air Fuel Gauge