Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


HOW TO: INTERCEPTOR Motor Swap Into 99-04 GT

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Post HOW TO: INTERCEPTOR Motor Swap Into 99-04 GT

As some of you know I elected to replace the engine in my mustang with a gently used INTERCEPTOR motor out of a 2002 Crown Victoria Police car. I shopped around for a decent Motor out of a Mustang GT and could not find a decent low mileage engine for under $1400. SO.. I went online and began searching the local police auctions (free to register and bid) and began a two year search for a low mileage engine. I was pleasantly surprised to find a Vic, that sustained a front end collision at the 48k mile mark. I got the car for $1200 and instantly pulled the engine, I proceeded to put the Vic on Craigslist and was able to sell the car $650 without the engine. I was told that it was basically a drop in and go swap, which is not entirely true.. Perhaps the difference are more extreeme because my 2000 Mustang GT came with a Windsor Block and the Interceptor Motor is a Romeo Block. So in this on going write-up I will address the differences in the swap. So I will catch you guys up to where I am today, and what I have noticed. If everyone is interested I will post pictures of the differences in the parts as a visual aid.

This swap may prove to be a very inexpensive alternative to crate/rebuild options. I am going to rebuild my OEM block while I have it apart and store it away for future use. So without further introduction, My Interceptor swap....

Step 1- Strip the Interceptor Longblock block down to the Block and Heads. Do this BEFORE pulling the engine out of your Mustang. I got a box of Ziplock Bags and wrote on the bag what each bolt, ect went to. I then placed these labeled bags In a rubbermaid bin for safekeeping. If all goes as planned these parts should be "extra"..

Step 2- Take pictures of your assembled Mustang Engine while it is still in the engine bay. From every angle..Then remove the hood, and the Air filter assembly, and battery.

Step 3- Begin by Draining all your fluids from the Mustang Engine I drained them in this order-
- Radiator Fluid (by removing the lower hose on the radiator) the removed all cooling components
- Power steering fluid (and removed the res. and pump) Drained by removing the lower hose that blocks that ONE bolt that you cant remove without removing the hose..
- Oil... Easy enough.

Step 3.5- Before removing the PS pump you have to remove the Drivebelt

Step 4- Trace the main engine harness and unplug it from where ever it connects to the body, I am not going to tell you each location, just dig around until you find them.. Make sure you get them all.

Step 5- Remove all the ground straps make sure to check under the engine as a couple wires loop under the oil pan and connect to the starter on the passengerside.. While you are under there go ahead and remove the starter.. It is a bitch to get out so just know that now. There are 3 bolts and you have to get to all of them from through the motor mount opening.. In order to gain clearance I had to drop the A/C compressor out of the way. So you might as well go ahead and to that before attemtpting to remove the starter.

Step 6- The EGR tube is basically impossible to loosen on the manifold side of the car (drivers side More on that later) so you have to loosen it where it meets the TB on top of the engine.

Step 7- Remove the exhaust manifold bolts where it connects to the header manifolds.. This also proves to be nearly impossible on the passenger side. So here is the tip of the week.. The bolts are 15mm you actually need to cut a 15mm deepwell socket in Half in order to remove the upper bolt on the passenger side. HINT: 15mm Deepwell socket cut in half- and a universal joint with a long extension.. Does the trick.

Step 8- Remove the motormount bolts- (one on each side) 21mm socket BTW...

Step 9- Place a jack under the transmission (and support the tranny)

Step 10- Unhook the fuel line where it meets the body (unless you have a special tool to remove the stupid compression fittings at the rail...

Step 11- Make sure all vacumme lines are removed and then remove the throttle cables.

Step 12- Make sure you remembered to unhook the two O2 sensor clips that are mounted on the bellhousing. Unbolt the Intake Manifold as a single unit. Injectors, igniters, Tb all as one. and pull it out. toward the front of the car (to get around the egr tube)

Step 13- REMOVE all 7 transmission to engine mount bolts. PLUS the two that hold the flywheel inspection cover on. (i forgot these and it makes removing the engine impossible...

Step 14- Hook up your engine hoist to two solid pull points and begin the pull process...

Now that you have both the engines out and sitting next to eachother you should notice some paramount differences.

These are the differences I noticed- keep in mind that It may or may not differ for you as I had a Windsor Block stock and my replacement is a Romeo.

- The idler pulley - my newer engine had a grooved idler pulley, where my old engine had a smooth pulley
- The exhaust manfolds are different (EGR tube is reversed) so you must swap your mustang manifolds onto the Interceptor block.
- Also the coolant tube running to the waterpump is different so swap that over too..
- The Valve covers are also different On the interceptor motor ( the oil fill is reversed and the mustang covers must be used.)
- The dipstick tube must be used off the mustang motor as well.
- THe oil filter housing/oil cooler must be used off your Mustang too..

My car is a 5 speed so i also had to buy a new flywheel as the Interceptor motor was an automatic and 6 bolt crank VS my 8 bolt Windsor...

Basically all you do is swap the parts listed over, and then drop the new block in. Re-install everything in the reverse or removal. And enjoy a well maintained budget replacement. My engine came will all service records. I am waiting on the flywheel to arrive before starting to install the motor back.. So i will post up pictures and startup video then...

If i missed something please feel free to post it up here, As this is my first Mustang motor Swap.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.

Last edited by 2000GTFOOL; 11-05-2008 at 08:59 AM.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

Ummm, Why the heck would you swap out your engine in the first place? Did you blow it up? Do you know that the Interceptor is a gimmic ebay sellers use to sell those engines and they are non-pi! 210hp? The NON-PI heads have the oil fill on the driver side vs PI heads (performance improved 260hp, which is what 99-04gt have) have the oil fill on the passenger side. The police cruisers just had extra oil cooler that is a bolt on item and a 160amp alternator and NOn-pi heads. Far less power than your stock engine
I hope you didn't think you were putting in a 300hp motor in your car. And I sure hope your old engine wasn't in perfect opersting condition, because if it was...PUT IT BACK IN!
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTFOOL View Post
As some of you know I elected to replace the engine in my mustang with a gently used INTERCEPTOR motor out of a 2002 Crown Victoria Police car. I shopped around for a decent Motor out of a Mustang GT and could not find a decent low mileage engine for under $1400. SO.. I went online and began searching the local police auctions (free to register and bid) and began a two year search for a low mileage engine. I was pleasantly surprised to find a Vic, that sustained a front end collision at the 48k mile mark. I got the car for $1200 and instantly pulled the engine, I proceeded to put the Vic on Craigslist and was able to sell the car $650 without the engine. I was told that it was basically a drop in and go swap, which is not entirely true.. Perhaps the difference are more extreeme because my 2000 Mustang GT came with a Windsor Block and the Interceptor Motor is a Romeo Block. So in this on going write-up I will address the differences in the swap. So I will catch you guys up to where I am today, and what I have noticed. If everyone is interested I will post pictures of the differences in the parts as a visual aid.

This swap may prove to be a very inexpensive alternative to crate/rebuild options. I am going to rebuild my OEM block while I have it apart and store it away for future use. So without further introduction, My Interceptor swap....



If i missed something please feel free to post it up here, As this is my first Mustang motor Swap.
Just wanted to capture what you origionally said in a smaller paragraph. Nobody like to read hours of crap....lol
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffCat View Post
Ummm, Why the heck would you swap out your engine in the first place? Did you blow it up? Do you know that the Interceptor is a gimmic ebay sellers use to sell those engines and they are non-pi! 210hp? The NON-PI heads have the oil fill on the driver side vs PI heads (performance improved 260hp, which is what 99-04gt have) have the oil fill on the passenger side. The police cruisers just had extra oil cooler that is a bolt on item and a 160amp alternator and NOn-pi heads. Far less power than your stock engine
I hope you didn't think you were putting in a 300hp motor in your car. And I sure hope your old engine wasn't in perfect opersting condition, because if it was...PUT IT BACK IN!
ACTUALLY YOU ARE VERY WRONG. My 2002 Interceptor motor has the PI heads. You seriously need to do a little more research before posting on this thread. I am not going to address this further. And I would appreciate it if the Mods would remove his mis-information.

NOTE: 99- some 2001 interceptors did not have PI heads... Every interceptor above 2001.5 have PI heads. I can provide pictures for confirmation.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTFOOL View Post
ACTUALLY YOU ARE VERY WRONG. My 2002 Interceptor motor has the PI heads. You seriously need to do a little more research before posting on this thread. I am not going to address this further. And I would appreciate it if the Mods would remove his mis-information.

NOTE: 99- some 2001 interceptors did not have PI heads... Every interceptor above 2001.5 have PI heads. I can provide pictures for confirmation.
OK, then why is the oil fill on the wrong side?
Also, what's the purpose of buying an "interceptor" motor vs GT motor?
Here's what I found from an article copied and pasted:
For a number of years, Ford has had the goal of a zero to 60 mph time of eight seconds and a top speed of 130 mph for its Police Interceptor. The top speed has been achieved. However, the zero to 60 mph and zero to 100 mph acceleration goals have been elusive with the 4.6L SOHC V-8. Since its 1998 remodeling, the Police Crown Victoria has had an increase from 215 to 235 HP, used two different rear axles and two different torque converters, among major changes.

Here's the info on the updated Police packages for 2003+ years only:
220hp @ 4750 rpm/265lb.ft. @ 4000 rpm/9.4:1 compression 4.6L V-8 (Fleet only.)
224hp @ 4750 rpm/265lb.ft. @ 4000 rpm/9.4:1 compression 4.6L V-8 (Base civilian package.)
239hp @ 4750 rpm/276lb.ft. @ 4000 rpm/9.4:1 compression 4.6L V-8 (Perf. & Handling Pkg.-equipped only; includes Sport)
250hp @ 4900 rpm/287lb.ft. @ 4100 rpm/9.6:1 compression 4.6L V-8 (Police Interceptor package only.)

So Yes, They did have non-pi for the most part. Wasn't until 2003 which was listed in this article that they bumped up the HP from 235-250hp. This is still 10hp less than your GT had, but you would have to get a 2003 or newer P71 engine. 2002 prior only has the 235hp. They also have different cams and redline...much lower. Little more torquier than the GT I would presume. Don't go begging to the mods that I had false information because you think it makes you look bad or for whatever reasons?? I was right for the most part. The 2001 mid year was merely the romeo/windsor block change for the mustangs as well as PI in 99+. That's where those years come into play.

You need to get your panties out of a bunch and just take the info as it is. I wish I could change your motor into a 300hp monster, however sad news, is you have a 235hp slug that won't rev more than 5krpms.

Last edited by RuffCat; 11-02-2008 at 12:26 PM.
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

all info is above as needed. P71's had 220hp up until 1997. 1998-2002 was 235hp. 2003-current is 250hp.

Last edited by RuffCat; 11-02-2008 at 12:31 PM.
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

I would check the head casting numbers to see what they are. If the casting begins with RF1L2E, then I believe is a PI head
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member
 
02 Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 1968 Mustang Coupe
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 3,074
Send a message via MSN to 02 Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to 02 Ninja
Default

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cr...ce_Interceptor
__________________
Defensive Driving Is For Those Who Get Caught


2002 Mustang Gt- Gone but not forgotten
1968 Mustang- AKA "War Machine"
02 Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member
 
Soldier GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT
Location: MO/ Born and raised in Louisiana
Posts: 10,024
Default

Too much for me....
__________________



Vortech V-1 T Trim SC (intercooled)
HP 292 cams
Teksid Forged Short Block 433 RWHP/390 RWTQ 3.33 pulley

New Project: MMR 900 Shortblock/ MHS Stage 1 heads/ CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams
Soldier GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffCat View Post
I would check the head casting numbers to see what they are. If the casting begins with RF1L2E, then I believe is a PI head
I appreciate the attempted help RuffCat.. I never claimed that I was dropping in a 300hp monster.. Not once. I have purchased a NON PI motor before by accident, so I KNEW this one was the right one. The Heads look completely different (porting especially)..

RF1L2E is the first 6 digits on my heads on the new motor.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Everything I have read, Including speaking with a ford certified Mechanic is that the ONLY difference to take into account regarding the 99-04 Interceptor motors is if the Heads are PI or Not. He claims that ALL 4.6L put in Vic's (interceptors especially) from 2002-2004 are the exact same HP #'s as the GT motors. The internals are the same, the heads are the same. The only difference is the WAY COOL POL48 sticker on the front cover.

Anyway, i am not concerned I feel confident that this engine will serve me well. I merely wrote this up incase anyone else was thinking of doing the same swap. Mustang 4.6L engines are hard to come by and are EXPENSIVE. IF this is the same motor (which it is) it is a budget alternative.

Makes me sorry I even attempted to share this info with the mustang community. No wonder OX left this forum. Well I really hope that someone takes the time to read this and make a decision as to weither or not this is an alternative for them.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Also check those HP #'s... That HP is dependent on TUNE and Exhaust/ intake.

All those designs are different on the mustang. I bet I will pick up that extra 10hp I am "missing" with the alternately designed mustang intake/aircleaner/TB and exhaust setup...

You are looking at the HP #'s for the car... Not the engine. Small changes can account for HP #'s....
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

alright then. I still don't understand how $12-1500 for a mustang engine is all that expensive especially for a direct swap out. Think of all the added expense you have encountered already. The initial $600 for your engine or whatever you piad for it is adding up to much more because of all those accessories that needed to be purchased like that flywheel and whatever else you have come accross not to mention the extra time in pulling the motor and selling the shell. I would imagine the cams are a diff grind because of the power curve. However with a descent tune, hopefully you are satisfied with your swap. It's an experience anyways.
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member
 
ashtondiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT
Location: ATL
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTFOOL View Post
Makes me sorry I even attempted to share this info with the mustang community. No wonder OX left this forum. Well I really hope that someone takes the time to read this and make a decision as to weither or not this is an alternative for them.
dont worry about ruffcat, just ignore him, he most definitely does not represent all of us others. i am very interested in what you are doing. luckily i dont have to think about any motor swaps but love reading and learning about what others are doing when that time comes.

i would also love to see your pictures thus far. and keep posting your progress. HOW TOs rock!
__________________
Modest Mods:
-Cobra R - Hood, bumper, front splitter, tails, wing, and wheels
-Gen III Viper seats
-ASHTON rear diffuser
-6000K HIDs from stangmods
-Police Demonstration Vehicle
...and more

ashtondiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

I have $600 invested. $1200 for the car, sold it the day after I got it home for $650. Spent $50 on the flywheel.

I don't understand why you are so against this swap. I mean it's my money, (which I saved $800 over buying a HIGH mile GT motor) and it's my car. There is nothing you have said that has any actual bearing on this swap. All the parts I needed were already on my mustang, so actually I will be selling the ViC parts I don't need, and then sell my PI heads, and probably make my $ back off the swap..

The bottom line is the motor is the same, I am getting my car back on the road,
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
pcs
4th Gear Member
 
pcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 03 cobra
Location: yuma, az
Posts: 1,251
Default

good on you for getting you car back on the road, but the motors arent the same, both are 4.6 sohc 2v, but romeo and windsor, not the same. how about the 2 motors are similar with interchangeable parts.
__________________
2011 suzuki hayabusa
2010 svt raptor
2006 suzuki ltr 450
1985 yamaha tri z 250
1985 honda 250r
1984 honda 200x
pcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #17
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs View Post
good on you for getting you car back on the road, but the motors arent the same, both are 4.6 sohc 2v, but romeo and windsor, not the same. how about the 2 motors are similar with interchangeable parts.
Look guys... Romeo And Windsor blocks are interchangeable, VERY minor differences. Both motors (Romeo VS Windsor) produce the same HP. Lets drop the "engine" debate. I actually own both motors right now and can attest to the differences. Just for Sh^ts and Giggles I'll list the differences I know..... Then we can move on.

- Romeo engines use 6 bolt cranks, Windsor 8 bolt cranks
- Romeo /windsor blocks have different mounting points for the timing chain guides..
- There is a large HOLE (under the intake) in the rear of the Romeo block that isn't there on the Windsor
- I think the front cover has a different amount of bolts.
- Slight oilpan difference.. (but this may be due to this Romeo being out of a Vic..)
- Pullies slightly different.

But from all the info the WWW and Ford has to offer they are the same as far as HP/Torque/ect.

Romeo engines were placed in LATE 2000 year model and Newer Mustangs
Windsor Engines were placed in 99-half year 2000 mustangs..

From what I can tell it's minor casting differences due to the different facilities they are manufactured in...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTFOOL View Post
I have $600 invested. $1200 for the car, sold it the day after I got it home for $650. Spent $50 on the flywheel.

I don't understand why you are so against this swap. I mean it's my money, (which I saved $800 over buying a HIGH mile GT motor) and it's my car. There is nothing you have said that has any actual bearing on this swap. All the parts I needed were already on my mustang, so actually I will be selling the ViC parts I don't need, and then sell my PI heads, and probably make my $ back off the swap..

The bottom line is the motor is the same, I am getting my car back on the road,
You titled the thread Interceptor. Some guys would see this and just want to do that because of the title. Now, you did a great job on the How-to in describing the job, but you never said that the motors were different. Don't keep saying that it's the same! It's a very close match, but not the same. Published articles by Multi million dollar companies don't lie. well, for the most part..lol
You may even have trouble getting a tune for your car via internet. You might have to get a custom dyno tune for your specific application if the cams are different because of the rpm/tq curves. I am curious to know how you make out. And it's great to hear your gonna be back on the road. You cannot take all criticism or for that matter accurate contributions so personally. Take some pics, update your How-to. Let everyone know how you make out and what troubles you've encountered and start and entirely new thread once you went through everything so it's not all cluttered with bullsh*t. Don't go wrenching on your engine all pissed off because you can get hurt that way and kill your mojo. As said before. Everything is a learning curve and allows you to become more experienced.
RuffCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
2000GTFOOL
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
Location: TN
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffCat View Post
You titled the thread Interceptor. Some guys would see this and just want to do that because of the title. Now, you did a great job on the How-to in describing the job, but you never said that the motors were different. Don't keep saying that it's the same! It's a very close match, but not the same. Published articles by Multi million dollar companies don't lie. well, for the most part..lol
You may even have trouble getting a tune for your car via internet. You might have to get a custom dyno tune for your specific application if the cams are different because of the rpm/tq curves. I am curious to know how you make out. And it's great to hear your gonna be back on the road. You cannot take all criticism or for that matter accurate contributions so personally. Take some pics, update your How-to. Let everyone know how you make out and what troubles you've encountered and start and entirely new thread once you went through everything so it's not all cluttered with bullsh*t. Don't go wrenching on your engine all pissed off because you can get hurt that way and kill your mojo. As said before. Everything is a learning curve and allows you to become more experienced.
I will update soon. I need to organize the photos in order of sequence...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT- K&N intake, Forza Exhaust, re-gear, 17x9 Bullitts, K-sport 2" lowering springs, grill delete, clear/smoke headlights, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Alpine CD w/eq/mach 460, 03 gt hood scoop, UPR billet camber adjustment plates.
2000GTFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
pcs
4th Gear Member
 
pcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 03 cobra
Location: yuma, az
Posts: 1,251
Default

i never said they werent interchangeable, actually i said they have interchangeable parts but they arent the same, you just listed the differences.
__________________
2011 suzuki hayabusa
2010 svt raptor
2006 suzuki ltr 450
1985 yamaha tri z 250
1985 honda 250r
1984 honda 200x
pcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
00, 99, crown, cyl, engine, exhaust, gt, interceptor, manifold, motor, mustang, p71, police, put, removal, swap, unhook, vic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup