Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #21
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT

dark charcoal the only way to go on a black car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
-ASHTON rear diffuser
-6000K HIDs from stangmods
-Police Demonstration Vehicle
...and more

ashtondiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec View Post
Black Suede right over the existing headliner.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
So where would I get black suede like that? How much would it cost? And how would I go about installing it?

Exhaust: BBK LTs, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnapacks --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp7fy0l72W4
Blk N Wht GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
gt_orange

Vehicle: 2000 gt mustang

this is not a direct swap. I just did a 2000 to a 2002, the kinks you run into are

1> the 2001-2004 clusters run power the defrost, causing the defrost to be on no matter if the key is off or on.

2> the dash harness pigtail on the passanger side is different. you eather have to use your old harness or "like it did" create an adaptor using the old harness and pigtails from your parts car.

3> after the swap my ac clutch doesnt work, not getting power, checked with a volt meter.

4> the mach 460 on 2001-2004 grounds under the rear seat. the 99-00 ground under the dash. meaning that you will have to cut the green and black wire under the driver kick panel and ground it.

5> not sure about traction control, my abs light is on and was before hand. once i correct the fault there i can knock out some variables

what works,

1> the new fog light switch does work without modification.

2> the double din 6 disk works well with the 460 amps that came with my car.

anyone with a solution to the items not listed above please comment. aside from that my car runs fine. the interior looks factory fresh, down to the seatbelts.

Plus the 03/04 gt's used a different a pillar trim, which sticks out more, looks aggresive
gt_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #24
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

I really like the tan interior. When I was shopping for the GT I knew exactly the color combination I wanted. Dark blue with the tan interior and tan top.

My neighbor hooked me up with a complete replacement tan interior out of a low mileage coupe that I'm storing in the attic. Front seats, door panels, airbags, console and steering wheel so I'm hooked up for my eventual restoration.

Black convertible interiors in Florida are brutal.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
robb15033
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ford Mustang

I used black vinyl spray dye on some of the interior of my first Mustang along with new black carpet. NOW though, I appreciate the saddle interior because I read an article about Carrol Shelby and his development of the first GT500KR series car & choosing tan purposely. So it's a physiological thing for me, once I found out that Shelby has a preference for saddle, I now love it, respect it, and want to keep it. It was all in my head, for me anyways....

robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 GT Vert 600rw (Gone)

DEAR GOD.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 2001, 99, 9904, code, codes, color, colors, complete, diffuser, interior, mustang, rear, swap, swapping