Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
DreamBMC
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 V6 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to DreamBMC
Default How do i remove the entire windshield wiper arm?

How do I remove the entire windshield wiper arm, I am going to make a custom delete for $3.00 but dont know how to get it off. Help?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP View Post
A lot of what I have cant be seen, which is the way I like it. Im sorry your such a dick, that you cant simply say something nice, or not at all. Why dont you go **** on someone elses mustang to make yourself feel better. Cause I certainly dont give a **** what an asshat like you thinks. I forgot there are piddle dicks like you that have nothing better to do then trash on someones ride.
DreamBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
mustangman281
Banned

Pull out on the C clip and lift the wiper arm off.
mustangman281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

At the base of the wiper there is a little retaining clip arm sticking out. You have to pull it out and the arm will come off. Sometimes since they've been there for a while you have to push down on the base then pull the RCA out.

John
2003 Mustang GT, Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Racing Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid pipes/Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10 gears/Eaton Posi, TrickFlow Cover, Moser 31 spline Axles, Trickflow 75mm TB/Plenum, UDP
Novanutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
DreamBMC
2nd Gear Member

I mean windshield wiper might be different but I do have a little thing I can pull out, its slides back and forth easily. I pulled it out and tried pulling up but wouldnt budge.

Quote:
A lot of what I have cant be seen, which is the way I like it. Im sorry your such a dick, that you cant simply say something nice, or not at all. Why dont you go **** on someone elses mustang to make yourself feel better. Cause I certainly dont give a **** what an asshat like you thinks. I forgot there are piddle dicks like you that have nothing better to do then trash on someones ride.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
karrarararararar
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang gt

sorry if this questions seems confusing but, are you trying to pull it up with it extended a crossed the windshield like it normally sits or do you have it pointing up and away from the windshield?

Calypso Green 92 lx vert- 5.0, 5 speed, o/r x, flowmasters, lowered, hotchkiss cc plates, bbk cai, bbk throttlebody, cobra u/l intake, u/l control arms
karrarararararar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #6
DreamBMC
2nd Gear Member

I tried sliding the little thing out and pulling up with the windshield wiper arm standing up, is that wrong?

Quote:
Old 12-01-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

That's fine! Either way. Like I said, over time it gets stuck on there so you may need to wiggle it or push it down then back up to get all the crud and corrosion that may have accumulated.

John
2003 Mustang GT, Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Racing Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid pipes/Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10 gears/Eaton Posi, TrickFlow Cover, Moser 31 spline Axles, Trickflow 75mm TB/Plenum, UDP
Novanutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #8
karrarararararar
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang gt

it should come off the way you're doing it like novanutcase said it's probably just stuck. try spraying it with wd40 or whatever you have

Calypso Green 92 lx vert- 5.0, 5 speed, o/r x, flowmasters, lowered, hotchkiss cc plates, bbk cai, bbk throttlebody, cobra u/l intake, u/l control arms
karrarararararar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #9
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT

I had trouble getting mine off. Lift the windshield wiper arm up so that it stays off the window by itself. If you look closely you can see a vertical tab that is connected to the lever you pull out. Take a small screwdriver and gently pry that tab out as you pull on the lever. Holding the tab out lower the wiper arm back down so that the tension holds the tab out.
Miezere Electric Water Pump
13" Cobra brakes
Eagle2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1966, 2008, 66, 68, arm, arms, delete, gt, kits, mustang, pull, removal, remove, windshield, wiper