Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #21
Slo96

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang GT

With the research I've done I don't see me spending much money...I've already got the engine (I've got about 7 sbc's) and Tranny's I've got plenty of..my uncle damn near has his own parts yard...i would say junk but i wouldn't mind having what he's got! The tricky part that I'm seeing is the wiring and the getting the gauges to work, i am thinking that i could fix that by starting from scratch and going with all new gauges. I'm also hoping the computer doesn't interfere with anything...if anybody knows anything about this part I'd like to hear
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Slo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #22
briantlucas
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 81 lx mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo96 View Post
With the research I've done I don't see me spending much money...I've already got the engine (I've got about 7 sbc's) and Tranny's I've got plenty of..my uncle damn near has his own parts yard...i would say junk but i wouldn't mind having what he's got! The tricky part that I'm seeing is the wiring and the getting the gauges to work, i am thinking that i could fix that by starting from scratch and going with all new gauges. I'm also hoping the computer doesn't interfere with anything...if anybody knows anything about this part I'd like to hear
as far as the gauges i just used put the ford sending units on the chevy motor and for the tack i put in after market since my car had the v6 in it before anyways. as far as the computer i do not think it will matter but mine does not have a computer since i am a 81 but i hear of alot of people doing this and never herd anything about the computer so i think you are good there. as far as speedometer i just made the trans end of cable fit and it does work it if off alittle but close like with in five miles per hour not bad from going from ford to chevy lol

Brian Lucas
http://www.bouncingbobbins.com/mustang

81 350 chev mustang
briantlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #23
briantlucas
1st Gear Member

oh yea make sure to get lots of pics of the swap

Click the image to open in full size.

Brian Lucas

81 350 chev mustang
Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #24
Slo96

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang GT

I'm going to buy the k-member from AJE performance and i just got off the phone with Kooks headers and they make there headers(only for fox body at the moment though)to fit AJE's k members(the same one that you would buy to put in a foxbody is the same one you would buy to put in a 96). Works out great, as long as the clearance on the fox body is the same as my 96 (the steering and the bottom of the firewall) the headers should fit. My uncle has a fox body so I'll just measure mine and his and see what I'm dealing with. If it doesn't fit as is..I'll just have to use some southern ingenuity! I'll make it happen
Slo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #25
briantlucas
1st Gear Member

sounds good!!!!!!!
Click the image to open in full size.

Brian Lucas

81 350 chev mustang
Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #26
warchild162658

Vehicle: 95 gt mustang

Man I got a 95 gt Mustang and am in the Process of slapping in a 383 stroker with a to tranny. . Let me know how it worked or for you
warchild162658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #27
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Vehicle: 1998 SL500

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild162658 View Post
Man I got a 95 gt Mustang and am in the Process of slapping in a 383 stroker with a to tranny. . Let me know how it worked or for you
Uh-huh...
RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq

Engineering is, at its base, making what you want from what you have.
At its extreme it is making what you want from what you can get.
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1996, 350, 383, 96, chevy, computer, gt, lx3, motor, motors, mustang, mustangs, pull, sbc, stroker, swap