4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed SLP LM1/X-Pipe...hangs too low

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
SteveMasterZerox9
2nd Gear Member

sweger is your car lowered. I have the pypes x pipe with lm1's but I only scrape out of my garage and in some instances around the city and my car is drastically dropped so you might want to think about haveing them try to tuck them up a bit higher if their really bad and your your not even lowered.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chubstang
The rear o2's are only there to to verify the cats are in place. MIL eliminators or a tune basically send a false signal that the cats are there even when they're not. You shouldn't run into any problems unless they look under the car.
Sorry let me rephrase that here in the lovely state of MA there new machines can detect if the rear O2 sensors are shut off. I shut mine off with my diablo. MIL eliminators work because they send a false signal however my predator just shuts them off and tells the ecu everything is ok, but from people who live here I have been told that it will detect if it has been shut off.

How So? I have to go for inspection and all my stangs have have passed with a o/r pipe and mil's.
MILs work fine the predator just shuts them off. Again this is what has been told to me, they wont fail you but they wont pass you either it will just come up as the rear O2 sensors are not working or are off. I was considering MIL's but I said **** it and just got some hi flows.

This applies in MA as far as I know, sorry for not clearing that up.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteveMasterZerox9
sweger is your car lowered. I have the pypes x pipe with lm1's but I only scrape out of my garage and in some instances around the city and my car is drastically dropped so you might want to think about haveing them try to tuck them up a bit higher if their really bad and your your not even lowered.

no, my car is stock height. i only scrape over bad speed bumps, but i did plan on lowering the car some.

Originally Posted by stangdriver2007
unless you buy the expensive SLP long tubes you will have to do some custom work to make them bolt up.
the only slp long tubes i know of are expensive, and i know they bolt riht up. i was wondering is anyone has added on the long tubes after having similar experience with a low hanging slp x-pipe? from what i can tell, the long tubes replace the forward most piece of the slp x-pipe, which is the piece that cause the system to hang low. i am wondering if that pulls the entire system up, or if they force it to hang just as low. sorry if i am not making sense
Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sweger
no, my car is stock height. i only scrape over bad speed bumps, but i did plan on lowering the car some.

the only slp long tubes i know of are expensive, and i know they bolt riht up. i was wondering is anyone has added on the long tubes after having similar experience with a low hanging slp x-pipe? from what i can tell, the long tubes replace the forward most piece of the slp x-pipe, which is the piece that cause the system to hang low. i am wondering if that pulls the entire system up, or if they force it to hang just as low. sorry if i am not making sense
They are expensive but they do make a great product. There the only header company that I know of that are stainless steel + ceramic coating. You get the best of both worlds. I would think it would pull the system up some, but then again you gotta find out how well the collector tucks up or if it hangs low.