4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just got a 2003 Mustang GT... need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 06:16 AM
guarnibl
1st Gear Member

Default Just got a 2003 Mustang GT... need some advice.

Alright.

About a month ago I bought a used 2003 Mustang GT Premium (first got the warranty, but then went back the next day and decided against it) (Mineral Gray) that had 8,900 miles on it. The guy that owned it before hardly drove it and traded it in for an RX-8 special edition. He did the following:

- Re-badged it with the cobra emblems/SVT emblems (awaiting new GT emblems from the dealer to badge it CORRECTLY so my car doesn't look like it's having an identity crisis with it's GT hood/rear bumper lol)
- Dropped it about an inch 1/2 or so.. maybe more, not sure.
- Put a MAC exhaust on it (Believe it still has the stock h pipe)
- Added some very slick looking white stripes down the car (from front bumper to rear bumper.. down the center of the car (http://www.graphic-express.com/images/ford_030.jpg -- sorry, fastest pic I could come up with)

In July I'll be doing small mods and August larger ones (forged internals, supercharger). If you guys have any recommendations for both the small mods and larger mods category including price estimations and installation estimates that'd be swell. Some stuff i'll do with myself with a friend who has done some of these before, and the larger mods of course will be done in a shop. Thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got a 2003 Mustang GT... need some advice.

Dude if your talking about forging your intertals and s/c it, what the heck are you asking for small mods for?? You dont know what a throttle body, headers, and gears are?? but you know what forging is?! Now if i had the kind of money which it sounds like you have, rebuild the bottom end, and TURBO it. That would be sick !
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
guarnibl
1st Gear Member

I know what a throttle body, gears, and headers are. I was asking for advice. That's all. Not really sure what you're getting at regarding those 3 things, but yeah. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, it's all based on if I want to spend the $7,000+ for a turbo kit and then the $2,000+ to forge out the internals. But I'd like to start with small mods because this is a learning experience for me and while I know what most things are and what they do, I'm not the most experienced person in the world and there's a lot I need to learn before I dive into something that expensive.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:42 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

well congrats on the purchase!

i would first buy a new set of gears......probably 3.73 because you want to s/c it or turbo

then i would compleatly remake your exhaust.......catback, midpipe, headers

then get a cai and you can start on the engine bolt ons......
Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Nice car man!!!! I would first get gears and do the exhaust work. Then supercharge or turbo it w/ forged internals.
By the way, I am not sure but I dont think you can use a cai w/ a supercharger or turbo right???? not sure about that one.
That would be sick.
good luck and post pics asap!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

even if you get the blower, i'd still get the 4.10s. i have 3.73s with mine and still want 4.10s. stupid gears! [:@]
Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 PM
guarnibl
1st Gear Member

So then... what's the vote -- honestly... should I get the 3.73's or the 4.10's considering I'm definately either supercharging it or twin turboing it... with a lot of boost.

Also -- does anyone know of any shops around the Dayton area or Youngstown (Ohio) that can do good work.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Split the diff and go with 3.90s
Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

it's good that you know you are going to go s/c in the future. That is a good thing to keep in mind when choosing the smaller mods like the throttle body and gears.

andy98gt, this is a friendly forum. please be more polite.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:45 PM
guarnibl
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I'm definately aiming for that SC or TT kit, so I definately want to the small mods right the first time and not have to do them again.

Quick Reply: Just got a 2003 Mustang GT... need some advice.