4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Blackouts - 03/04 / tail light tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
speed_monkey
1st Gear Member

I just had a local paint shop do my lights for me, came out great!
sorry.. ****ty cell phone camera
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

can someone just put this thread into a sticky, it seems like there's a new one of these weekly... 4 ways I can think of:
1.) Have a paint shop tint them
2.) Vinyl tint them
3.) Spray tint them
4.) Buy tinted tail lights/covers
Old 05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

I just had a body shop paint all 3 of mine

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
BlackJeepSRT8

Bump it up!

I have had a horrible experience with him. He even went as far as having his friends Raul and "Dionisio" bid and win some of my auctions.

At first, he was upset since I didn't want to pay his retail price and inquired about his "best offer" which was basically nothing. I got a notification from ebay saying he dropped the price $15 and ebay still had the cashback so I took advantage. The tails looked good, right? Not so.

First, his weight was off and I had to pay $1.50 extra to receive it (little did I know, I should have refused it). Not much, but why should I pay more when he charged me $20 to ship when it only cost him about half. Guy deflected trying to make me come off like I'm "cheap" yet he wanted to save $2 and wouldn't use proper packing material (yeah, he used trash bags to cover them!). Yet, he wouldn't drop the price $10 on the best offer. Weird guy. Makes you look cheap over $10, yet he makes me pay an extra $1.50 shipping and wouldn't even drop the price any until he offered 5% off.

So begins the drama like he's from The Hills.

Me (M):
"Your weight was off. Thanks a lot. I had to pay extra, you were off by 2 lbs. I had the USPS weight the tails at 2lbs each and the box was a little over a lb with the packing. Secondly, the bulbs don't work. Lastly, they day time output isn't that great. I'll send you pics in a little bit."

Him (H):
"You dont need to have an attitude, all you have to do is ask and id pick up the extra shipping. If your not happy with them your more then welcome to send them back"

M:
"What attitude? It's all in how you read it. So actually, you're the one with the attitude. If that ever happened with any of my customers I'd be pretty embarrassed. But really, saving $1.46 over 2 lbs is pretty petty. The light output really isn't that great. Your clearcoat looks to have an orange peel effect. There was some spotting on it too from dust. I'll get pics of that later since this isn't how I expected to start of my weekend.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/949/image1tco.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5559/image1fwn.jpg"

H:
"I dont sell bulbs, i rarely ever include them anyway. I get them from junk yards or other people. The bulbs are just a bonus anyway"

H:
""Your weight was off. Thanks a lot." Dont think it really matters who reads it the thanks alot was sarcasm.
Seems your unhappy about them, and wont be happy with them so why dont you just send them back?"

M:
"You're interpreting sarcasm as attitude. Did you really think the USPS wouldn't notice? Do you think it was professional for me to have to pay additional postage? I can't do much on a Friday night, Saturday, Sunday or Monday the holiday. So how exactly did you want me to send them back?"

<Editors note: I got chewed out by USPS for being off .5 oz on a package I shipped out. Remembering this drama, I asked how 2lbs could get through and I had to pay for shipping twice. She said that's illegal and manipulative of the USPS and I could report him for that. Maybe I should?>

H:
"not at all, usps obviously doesnt notice no. I dont have a scale and ship about 20 sets out a week between 3-6 pounds. I guess and havent had anyone pay anymore since. You act like I sent it on purpose with less postage to make you pay?? usps operates on saturdays, send them back however you please"

M:
"They are pretty light, but they aren't that light. And I wouldn't think you did it intentionally, but look at your most recent feedback and tell me to think otherwise. I'm not going out of my way on a weekend. There is no gain. You chose a poor box and it's not the best to return them in. I should have shown you pic of it, but I didn't want to bother with that."

<Editors note: Feedback in question said something along the lines of that the buyer had to pick up extra postage, like me, and has since been revised. Feedback was revised on Jun-04-09 22:17>

H:
"I know i just noticed that, quite confused trying to figure this all out. Need to invest in a scale apparently, and raise my shipping costs "

M:
"Okay. Good luck with that."

M:
"Returned. Shipping cost $17. <tracking redacted>"
<Editors note: I shipped it back FedEx.>

H:
Not a problem. Im going to go through ebay and file to get my money back from the listing and final value fees. FYI if you respond to the emails I wont get the fees back. It needs to go unanswewred for 7 days and then they grant me the refund, then i will do your refund at the same time.

M:
I don't think so. If I don't respond, I get an Unpaid Item Strike. It says I have until "Jun-03-2009" to respond. The tails will be returned the day before.

H:
How did you send so I know how to expect them

M:
You just issued a strike. Remove it now! http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/remove-unpaid-item.html

<Editor note: he said I didn't pay and issued me a strike. I paid, he did it the wrong way>

H:
Need to get the money back from eBay im not going to pay them 20.00++ for a listing that did not go through. Where do you get off demanding **** out of me anyway? Im getting quite sick of it to say the least. Its been going on since day one, ive been trying to be corgial with you. I dont even offer refunds in the first place.

<Editor Note: quick to get his money back, but what about me?>

M:
How about you worry more about removing the strike than when you'll get the tails.

H:
compare your feedback to mine. The only negative I have is about a year ago.. out of 550 feedback, compared to your 50. Which was from an idiot, who didnt know how to wipe a smear mark off the light, and when he tried to erase the negative it was too late. I cant please everyone, i try as hard as i can but theres always people like you who are virtually unpleaseable it comes along with business and is expected. Feedback works both ways, so does everything on ebay. I do what I can, as you can see by reading my feedback. Even though i take along time to get orders out (due to the fact my painter and the booth can only be used when there is no work at the shop) MOST people still appreciate it and are happy with the product. I have sold more lights then anyone on ebay for over 2 years now, this isnt my only business venture. Dont think i dont remember how cheap you are, trying to get the lights way before me, and not till i dropped them 10 bucks did you finally purchase. I live in California, do alot of lights locally and have them on both of my cars, havent got a ticket yet. Should i get a ticket i have 3 months to take care of it, and a 10.00 fine big deal

M:
Actually you've got some nerve. You're the idiot that issued an unpaid item strike on me. You did it wrong! So why would I not demand that? I had to waste 15 minutes to get eBay to remove it. Besides, it's not like you mentioned no returns anywhere. You rant and rave about your lights, yet the light output is very poor and the clear coat resembles an orange peel effect. They are actually pretty illegal. Doesn't CA have tough laws? You think you've been "cordial" with me? That's funny. I don't remember you reimbursing me for the shipping. You've got some real unprofessional attitude. Don't you care about your feedback and DSR's? I've only have 1 minor problem selling on here and I handled it quickly and professionally without any attitude. I don't understand why you can't act mature. Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered.

H:
Like i said i take full responsibility for that, of course. I tried to contact the other person too but they dont respond there new to ebay imagine that. That is completely understandable. I would of been more then willing to cover that. Like i said i ship them all the same they all between 4-6 pounds mostly and I havent had a problem since. It looks like the post office mustjust pick packages at random or something i really have no idea. Im not familiar with other laws. Im heavy in the car customizing thing as im sure you seem to be, as you may know nothing we really do is legal. Its all if the cop wants to be on a power trip that day or not. Luckily for me, I've lived in this town for awhile and have got to know a couple cops here and there, who of course think window tint, or tail light tickets are bull**** but thats besides the fact. I understand it was bad right off the bat with the shipping costs, because I missed it by a pound it seems? for 1.50? Who knows, im not too concerned with it. If i make a mistake im there to cover it. As for the return policy there is none listed because there is not one. Of course i care about my feedback, thats why I told you to send them back. Believe it or not i take pride in what I do and find myself fourtenate to even be able to sell these. I go to school full time, and I got extremely lucky with this allows me alot of free time and money to pay the bills. I would not ship anything out I would think as ****, as Im a stickler about quality too believe me. As for the orange peel i have no idea, there are always variations in paint, if i notice a run or something it is immediately taken care of (other sellers on ebay are too lazy and take 30.00 off the price when it could of been fixed in 15minutes) I'd rather not send something even out like that. You're lights are the exact ones pictured in the auction, which dont seem to look orange peeled to me. Orange peel can be taken care of also, but im not going to sand and buff everyse

M:
So what? Look at your most recent feedback. Same problem with the shipping. Calling me cheap? Hah. You cheaped out over $1.50! I still have yet to get that back. You made $10 in shipping, I don't see you refunding the difference. I paid $15 to ship back. I don't see you dipping into your pocket to cover that. You were very quick to give me a strike to get your fees back. That's the biggest "pot meet kettle" I've seen in about a long time. If you're too big for that, then by all means send me the $26.50 I'm due. Once you get the lights back, issue me a refund and you'll earn yourself positive feedback and stars. As for a ticket in NY, they can be nice and just issue a fix it and wipe it clean or issue a "insufficient lights" or "no signal" ticket and you can bet it's way more than a $10 fine. The cheapest fine is a $50 parking ticket and then it's another $50 fee.

H:
If nothing else, just look at my feedback like I said earlier. I do take pride in my work even if you think its junk. 99.7% of peoeple who bought from me dont seem to think so.

<Editors note: He seems to have some negative feedback on a few forums>

M:
Yup, just trying to make a point since you seem to make it out to be some chump change. I'm not rich. So send a separate payment of the $26.50 I'm due.

H:
Lastly, I made 10.00 on shipping? Pretty bold statement to say. Who do you thinks takes the time to package these up? Buy the bubble wrap, peanuts etc. Where do you think the ink comes from that prints the label? Or the sticky paper. Or the tape to seel the package? Or the gas to drive them to the post office? Or lastly the boxes. If anyone makes any unecessary money its paypal taking 3%, and ebay taking over 20.00

<Editor note: ebay said you can't charge for that, should I report that too? lol>

M:
You said you were refunding the $1.50 but it never happened. Shipping was $17 to ship back. Shipping overage was $10. I'm returning the lights back to you as per previous correspondence. Why wouldn't you refund it? You came off like $10 is nothing but were quick to get your fees back. So if it's my $10 it's me being being cheap and no "big deal" but when it's yours, then it's non refundable and a big deal and not cheap?

H:
went from a 1.50 under postagt, then to 17.00 to mail them back, then to 15.00 in your last email, now its up to 26.50. At any rate since when is shipping refundable

M:
Delivered yesterday. Please process refund.

H:
think there might be a reason i put them in trash bags when i sent them? its the only thing that doesnt scrtach them, not i have to re clear them

<Editor note: oh no, not reusing trash bags? How un-eco-friendly of me. >

M:
Okay. I haven't received a refund back yet. Are you sending it?

H:
Ok so where do i start. You're lucky to get a refund at all for one you didnt send them back in the garbage bags, now i have to resand and clear them. I told you before shipping is non refundable why would it be? With the pictures you use on your auction that should cover the rest of the costs. And if you want to leave me a negative be my guest, as i said you will get the same in return plus more. Furthermore. I put the refund on a credit card specifically because I know how you work. Try anything else, and ill reverse the charges completely. Thanx and have a nice day.

M:
So you want me to go to PayPal to get my refund? Go ahead and do a chargeback, see what happens.

<He sent back just the item price, not shipping, under the form of a payment. I paid for shipping 3 times.>

H:
lol, gotta get that extra 20 bucks big dog

M:
Just like you "gotta get that extra" from shipping with the wrong weight. And "gotta get that extra" on the ebay fees too, right?

H:
<replied to an old email 2 days ago, M: Okay. I haven't received a refund back yet. Are you sending it?>
Contact info isnt even correct, so if you want to contact me through email. In my eyes the only resolution is for me to send you the feedback retract form and u push ok, if not feel free to handle it anyway you can

M:
I sent that 2 days ago and we already moved passed that.
I'm not removing the feedback. You said you didn't care. It stands since your attitude hasn't been professional, you haven't issued a full refund, and you haven't refunded me for the shipping.

Besides, you might want to update your info because I don't appreciate having your friend Raul and "Dionisio" bid and win my auctions. I'm going to have to get in touch with eBay to put an investigation about all this.

H:
Yes indeed you will
Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

go to a local autozone or auto paint supply store, buy a $12 can of nite shade and take your taillights out and do it yourself its super easy i did mine and it turned out great and with that you can apply up to 3 shades depending on how dark you want them to be
Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackJeepSRT8
Bump it up!

I have had a horrible experience with him. He even went as far as having his friends Raul and "Dionisio" bid and win some of my auctions.

At first, he was upset since I didn't want to pay his retail price and inquired about his "best offer" which was basically nothing. I got a notification from ebay saying he dropped the price $15 and ebay still had the cashback so I took advantage. The tails looked good, right? Not so.

First, his weight was off and I had to pay $1.50 extra to receive it (little did I know, I should have refused it). Not much, but why should I pay more when he charged me $20 to ship when it only cost him about half. Guy deflected trying to make me come off like I'm "cheap" yet he wanted to save $2 and wouldn't use proper packing material (yeah, he used trash bags to cover them!). Yet, he wouldn't drop the price $10 on the best offer. Weird guy. Makes you look cheap over $10, yet he makes me pay an extra $1.50 shipping and wouldn't even drop the price any until he offered 5% off.

So begins the drama like he's from The Hills.

Me (M):
"Your weight was off. Thanks a lot. I had to pay extra, you were off by 2 lbs. I had the USPS weight the tails at 2lbs each and the box was a little over a lb with the packing. Secondly, the bulbs don't work. Lastly, they day time output isn't that great. I'll send you pics in a little bit."

Him (H):
"You dont need to have an attitude, all you have to do is ask and id pick up the extra shipping. If your not happy with them your more then welcome to send them back"

M:
"What attitude? It's all in how you read it. So actually, you're the one with the attitude. If that ever happened with any of my customers I'd be pretty embarrassed. But really, saving $1.46 over 2 lbs is pretty petty. The light output really isn't that great. Your clearcoat looks to have an orange peel effect. There was some spotting on it too from dust. I'll get pics of that later since this isn't how I expected to start of my weekend.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/949/image1tco.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5559/image1fwn.jpg"

H:
"I dont sell bulbs, i rarely ever include them anyway. I get them from junk yards or other people. The bulbs are just a bonus anyway"

H:
""Your weight was off. Thanks a lot." Dont think it really matters who reads it the thanks alot was sarcasm.
Seems your unhappy about them, and wont be happy with them so why dont you just send them back?"

M:
"You're interpreting sarcasm as attitude. Did you really think the USPS wouldn't notice? Do you think it was professional for me to have to pay additional postage? I can't do much on a Friday night, Saturday, Sunday or Monday the holiday. So how exactly did you want me to send them back?"

<Editors note: I got chewed out by USPS for being off .5 oz on a package I shipped out. Remembering this drama, I asked how 2lbs could get through and I had to pay for shipping twice. She said that's illegal and manipulative of the USPS and I could report him for that. Maybe I should?>

H:
"not at all, usps obviously doesnt notice no. I dont have a scale and ship about 20 sets out a week between 3-6 pounds. I guess and havent had anyone pay anymore since. You act like I sent it on purpose with less postage to make you pay?? usps operates on saturdays, send them back however you please"

M:
"They are pretty light, but they aren't that light. And I wouldn't think you did it intentionally, but look at your most recent feedback and tell me to think otherwise. I'm not going out of my way on a weekend. There is no gain. You chose a poor box and it's not the best to return them in. I should have shown you pic of it, but I didn't want to bother with that."

<Editors note: Feedback in question said something along the lines of that the buyer had to pick up extra postage, like me, and has since been revised. Feedback was revised on Jun-04-09 22:17>

H:
"I know i just noticed that, quite confused trying to figure this all out. Need to invest in a scale apparently, and raise my shipping costs "

M:
"Okay. Good luck with that."

M:
"Returned. Shipping cost $17. <tracking redacted>"
<Editors note: I shipped it back FedEx.>

H:
Not a problem. Im going to go through ebay and file to get my money back from the listing and final value fees. FYI if you respond to the emails I wont get the fees back. It needs to go unanswewred for 7 days and then they grant me the refund, then i will do your refund at the same time.

M:
I don't think so. If I don't respond, I get an Unpaid Item Strike. It says I have until "Jun-03-2009" to respond. The tails will be returned the day before.

H:
How did you send so I know how to expect them

M:
You just issued a strike. Remove it now! http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/remove-unpaid-item.html

<Editor note: he said I didn't pay and issued me a strike. I paid, he did it the wrong way>

H:
Need to get the money back from eBay im not going to pay them 20.00++ for a listing that did not go through. Where do you get off demanding **** out of me anyway? Im getting quite sick of it to say the least. Its been going on since day one, ive been trying to be corgial with you. I dont even offer refunds in the first place.

<Editor Note: quick to get his money back, but what about me?>

M:
How about you worry more about removing the strike than when you'll get the tails.

H:
compare your feedback to mine. The only negative I have is about a year ago.. out of 550 feedback, compared to your 50. Which was from an idiot, who didnt know how to wipe a smear mark off the light, and when he tried to erase the negative it was too late. I cant please everyone, i try as hard as i can but theres always people like you who are virtually unpleaseable it comes along with business and is expected. Feedback works both ways, so does everything on ebay. I do what I can, as you can see by reading my feedback. Even though i take along time to get orders out (due to the fact my painter and the booth can only be used when there is no work at the shop) MOST people still appreciate it and are happy with the product. I have sold more lights then anyone on ebay for over 2 years now, this isnt my only business venture. Dont think i dont remember how cheap you are, trying to get the lights way before me, and not till i dropped them 10 bucks did you finally purchase. I live in California, do alot of lights locally and have them on both of my cars, havent got a ticket yet. Should i get a ticket i have 3 months to take care of it, and a 10.00 fine big deal

M:
Actually you've got some nerve. You're the idiot that issued an unpaid item strike on me. You did it wrong! So why would I not demand that? I had to waste 15 minutes to get eBay to remove it. Besides, it's not like you mentioned no returns anywhere. You rant and rave about your lights, yet the light output is very poor and the clear coat resembles an orange peel effect. They are actually pretty illegal. Doesn't CA have tough laws? You think you've been "cordial" with me? That's funny. I don't remember you reimbursing me for the shipping. You've got some real unprofessional attitude. Don't you care about your feedback and DSR's? I've only have 1 minor problem selling on here and I handled it quickly and professionally without any attitude. I don't understand why you can't act mature. Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered.

H:
Like i said i take full responsibility for that, of course. I tried to contact the other person too but they dont respond there new to ebay imagine that. That is completely understandable. I would of been more then willing to cover that. Like i said i ship them all the same they all between 4-6 pounds mostly and I havent had a problem since. It looks like the post office mustjust pick packages at random or something i really have no idea. Im not familiar with other laws. Im heavy in the car customizing thing as im sure you seem to be, as you may know nothing we really do is legal. Its all if the cop wants to be on a power trip that day or not. Luckily for me, I've lived in this town for awhile and have got to know a couple cops here and there, who of course think window tint, or tail light tickets are bull**** but thats besides the fact. I understand it was bad right off the bat with the shipping costs, because I missed it by a pound it seems? for 1.50? Who knows, im not too concerned with it. If i make a mistake im there to cover it. As for the return policy there is none listed because there is not one. Of course i care about my feedback, thats why I told you to send them back. Believe it or not i take pride in what I do and find myself fourtenate to even be able to sell these. I go to school full time, and I got extremely lucky with this allows me alot of free time and money to pay the bills. I would not ship anything out I would think as ****, as Im a stickler about quality too believe me. As for the orange peel i have no idea, there are always variations in paint, if i notice a run or something it is immediately taken care of (other sellers on ebay are too lazy and take 30.00 off the price when it could of been fixed in 15minutes) I'd rather not send something even out like that. You're lights are the exact ones pictured in the auction, which dont seem to look orange peeled to me. Orange peel can be taken care of also, but im not going to sand and buff everyse

M:
So what? Look at your most recent feedback. Same problem with the shipping. Calling me cheap? Hah. You cheaped out over $1.50! I still have yet to get that back. You made $10 in shipping, I don't see you refunding the difference. I paid $15 to ship back. I don't see you dipping into your pocket to cover that. You were very quick to give me a strike to get your fees back. That's the biggest "pot meet kettle" I've seen in about a long time. If you're too big for that, then by all means send me the $26.50 I'm due. Once you get the lights back, issue me a refund and you'll earn yourself positive feedback and stars. As for a ticket in NY, they can be nice and just issue a fix it and wipe it clean or issue a "insufficient lights" or "no signal" ticket and you can bet it's way more than a $10 fine. The cheapest fine is a $50 parking ticket and then it's another $50 fee.

H:
If nothing else, just look at my feedback like I said earlier. I do take pride in my work even if you think its junk. 99.7% of peoeple who bought from me dont seem to think so.

<Editors note: He seems to have some negative feedback on a few forums>

M:
Yup, just trying to make a point since you seem to make it out to be some chump change. I'm not rich. So send a separate payment of the $26.50 I'm due.

H:
Lastly, I made 10.00 on shipping? Pretty bold statement to say. Who do you thinks takes the time to package these up? Buy the bubble wrap, peanuts etc. Where do you think the ink comes from that prints the label? Or the sticky paper. Or the tape to seel the package? Or the gas to drive them to the post office? Or lastly the boxes. If anyone makes any unecessary money its paypal taking 3%, and ebay taking over 20.00

<Editor note: ebay said you can't charge for that, should I report that too? lol>

M:
You said you were refunding the $1.50 but it never happened. Shipping was $17 to ship back. Shipping overage was $10. I'm returning the lights back to you as per previous correspondence. Why wouldn't you refund it? You came off like $10 is nothing but were quick to get your fees back. So if it's my $10 it's me being being cheap and no "big deal" but when it's yours, then it's non refundable and a big deal and not cheap?

H:
went from a 1.50 under postagt, then to 17.00 to mail them back, then to 15.00 in your last email, now its up to 26.50. At any rate since when is shipping refundable

M:
Delivered yesterday. Please process refund.

H:
think there might be a reason i put them in trash bags when i sent them? its the only thing that doesnt scrtach them, not i have to re clear them

<Editor note: oh no, not reusing trash bags? How un-eco-friendly of me. >

M:
Okay. I haven't received a refund back yet. Are you sending it?

H:
Ok so where do i start. You're lucky to get a refund at all for one you didnt send them back in the garbage bags, now i have to resand and clear them. I told you before shipping is non refundable why would it be? With the pictures you use on your auction that should cover the rest of the costs. And if you want to leave me a negative be my guest, as i said you will get the same in return plus more. Furthermore. I put the refund on a credit card specifically because I know how you work. Try anything else, and ill reverse the charges completely. Thanx and have a nice day.

M:
So you want me to go to PayPal to get my refund? Go ahead and do a chargeback, see what happens.

<He sent back just the item price, not shipping, under the form of a payment. I paid for shipping 3 times.>

H:
lol, gotta get that extra 20 bucks big dog

M:
Just like you "gotta get that extra" from shipping with the wrong weight. And "gotta get that extra" on the ebay fees too, right?

H:
<replied to an old email 2 days ago, M: Okay. I haven't received a refund back yet. Are you sending it?>
Contact info isnt even correct, so if you want to contact me through email. In my eyes the only resolution is for me to send you the feedback retract form and u push ok, if not feel free to handle it anyway you can

M:
I sent that 2 days ago and we already moved passed that.
I'm not removing the feedback. You said you didn't care. It stands since your attitude hasn't been professional, you haven't issued a full refund, and you haven't refunded me for the shipping.

Besides, you might want to update your info because I don't appreciate having your friend Raul and "Dionisio" bid and win my auctions. I'm going to have to get in touch with eBay to put an investigation about all this.

H:
Yes indeed you will

Thank you for posting this. I'm sorry that I only noticed it now. Everyone should know about that seller. DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY SELLER smoked_lights !!