4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Blackouts - 03/04 / tail light tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Default Blackouts - 03/04 / tail light tech

whats the best way / current products to date to;

black out (mostly dark %) tail lights, I have the ember red 03/04 gt stockers..
and the stock gt trunk lid... what should I do? paint it?

anyways let me know some feed back on your opinions.

NOTE* one of my tail lights is a little 'loose' - how would I tighten that?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Basically 2 different ways...

Vinyl tint or spray tint...

Spray tint comes out MUCH nicer but ONLY when done right. I've seen too many horrible jobs that end up making the taillights murky and etc.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a set of smoked tailights from ebay seller "smoked_lights"

Basically super long story short I ordered from him since he seemed very legit and he sent me damaged taillights and refused to exchange/refund them
Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
stang04chris
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL

Spray tint comes out MUCH nicer but ONLY when done right. I've seen too many horrible jobs that end up making the taillights murky and etc.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a set of smoked tailights from ebay seller "smoked_lights"

Basically super long story short I ordered from him since he seemed very legit and he sent me damaged taillights and refused to exchange/refund them
i disagee about smoked_lights, i ordered some from him and they turned out great,

Old 05-09-2009, 01:02 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

behind the trunk liner in the trunk there are some nuts on the back of the tail lights that you should tighten up.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:15 PM
mustangloverz

That's horrible, he should be selling good stuffs to his buyer.. be careful next time.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

alternatively they have plastic stick on covers if you want the quick change option... thats what im going to be doing. bit expensive for just a peice of plastic though
Old 05-09-2009, 03:18 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang04chris
i disagee about smoked_lights, i ordered some from him and they turned out great,

Thats exactly the thing...

His spray jobs come out excellent I admit, but he uses core returns and sometimes it can be damaged. I was extremely impressed when I first took it out of the box and then when I looked on the insides it was all so screwed up and he refused to replace them. We have exchanged some 50 emails and all he does is ignore me and turn me around.

I posted about him in some thread in this forum, I'll try and look it up because I copied and pasted the emails we exchanged so you can be the judge yourself.

My advice....yes he does good spray jobs but beware if he sends you damaged lights then you are ****ed

Whatever happens, I just can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am. You can probably tell by the amount of lights he sells that he is seemingly extremely legit....well appearently not.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
stang04chris
2nd Gear Member

Thats exactly the thing...

His spray jobs come out excellent I admit, but he uses core returns and sometimes it can be damaged. I was extremely impressed when I first took it out of the box and then when I looked on the insides it was all so screwed up and he refused to replace them. We have exchanged some 50 emails and all he does is ignore me and turn me around.

I posted about him in some thread in this forum, I'll try and look it up because I copied and pasted the emails we exchanged so you can be the judge yourself.

My advice....yes he does good spray jobs but beware if he sends you damaged lights then you are ****ed

Whatever happens, I just can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am. You can probably tell by the amount of lights he sells that he is seemingly extremely legit....well appearently not.
i remember u posting about this, honestly after i read that post i had already ordered from him, and must admit i was a little worried, but i did get mine and they were fine, did u try leaving bad feedback on his ebay thing
Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

No man I couldn't.

He had a deal up for 99-04 taillights for like $145 plus shipping or something like that. We exchanged emails and when I was convinced that he was the right guy for the job, someone else suddenly bought it with buy-it-now.

So I told him that and I asked if he could still hook me up with a deal. He said he can do $160 shipped. And he said he will send me a money request through paypal since obviously he didn't have the item up again for sale on ebay. So I paid him through paypal.

So technically it didn't go though ebay. I basically got ****ed and now I learned my lesson....ebay and papal goes together.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

I just used home outdoor window tint from home depot. Comes in an orange box and like 12 dollars for enough to do 10 mustangs lol

Quick Reply: Blackouts - 03/04 / tail light tech