4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bullitt intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

well i have full boltons and still have the stock plastic intake,and i also plan on going turbo down the road so for the price i got it its not that bad.I already got the alt. and TB for cheap as well so all i really gotta do is make a custom cold air to go around the fill tube and find some fuel rails i guess,or sell it and make a few bucks.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Seriously I would sell it. It's junk. Not worth the extra weight.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

+1. If you really want to upgrade from the stock intake I'd look into the TFS intake.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:59 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

Well the tfs intake is 800 bucks and im not gonna have near that much in this,and i highly doubt it is much better anyway.Thanks for all the help guys but unless i find a killer deal on a p51 or reichard im just gonna keep this.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
mustangman281
Banned

The TFS is alot better then the bullitt. The bullitt is a long runner intake just like the stock plastic one. The TFS is a mid length runner intake and gives you alot better power band. THe p51 and RR intakes are short runner intakes and unless you have a built motor ready to spin 6500rpms+ then they are worthless and will kill your lower rpm power.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Sell it and buy a good intake. It would be a waste of time and money to change all that stuff (which you have to) for only 5hp and an extra 20lbs on the front end.
Wrong, it does not need all of the parts listed at all. Granted the HP increase is minimal, but the fatter TQ curve is nice.

He will need a new alternator, which is cheap. Valve covers are the same, and I am pretty sure (not 100% but 95% sure you don't need fuel rails)

He will need a TB, but a stock 99 Cobra TB can but had for next to nothing.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:01 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

yea i already have the alt and tb which i got for cheap as hell.The only difference i can see with the fuel rails is that the fuel inlet is in a different place.I dont need a lessen on how intakes work, believe me im plenty educated,just want to know what all is needed for the swap because ive never done it before.Show me a dyno comparison of the tfs vs. bullitt to prove wrong but again i highly doubt it is much better.Ive seen stock bullitts dyno upwards of 235whp,my gt with catback,off road h, and underdrives only did 231, so that shows me the bullitt is good for about 10-12 on a near stock gt.Thanks for the help.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
mustangman281
Banned

I sure hope you arn't one of those guys that thinks the TFS and bullitt intakes are the same design because the only thing similar is that to plenum goes into the back of the intake. There are plenty of dyno sheets out there proving the tfs better then the bullitt but you already got the bullitt and know everything about intakes so strap it on and go to town.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

Hey buddy, im not lookin to argue with you,I've been around long enough to know you are a very opinionated person.I started this thread to find out what all was required parts wise to install this intake.If its a piece of **** and adds no power,so be it, but its gonna look 900 times better than stock,and i wont have to worry about it cracking.Its not always about power,how much power did those wheels add to your car,not a whole lot, but you like the way they look dont you?No need to get smart and say i know everything but i sure do know a whole hell of alot about cars,and id be willing to put my knowledge up against 99% of people out there.Again thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Originally Posted by 99mustanggt
Hey buddy, im not lookin to argue with you,I've been around long enough to know you are a very opinionated person.I started this thread to find out what all was required parts wise to install this intake.If its a piece of **** and adds no power,so be it, but its gonna look 900 times better than stock,and i wont have to worry about it cracking.Its not always about power,how much power did those wheels add to your car,not a whole lot, but you like the way they look dont you?No need to get smart and say i know everything but i sure do know a whole hell of alot about cars,and id be willing to put my knowledge up against 99% of people out there.Again thanks for your help.
He may be opinionated but he knows a hell of a lot more than most people on here.

Quick Reply: Bullitt intake