4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

X-Pipe

Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
ArchAngel416
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo
what are you going to do when someone else in your town installs full slp exhaust? you'll both have the same exact setup and thats not what you want. someone is bound to ask you what exhaust you have and they're going to like it and get it too, so really you're not going to be any different for long. and i have some of the same exact exhaust combo as many other mustang owners and last time i checked, its still my car, no one else has the keys except me. sorry dude i just cant justify spending that much money on a name, when that money can be going somewhere else.
no one in my town will get this exhaust they are all about flow masters and that crap. they go out and find the cheapest freakin parts for their car and throw it on. sorry i cant be cheap on my car, buy cheap parts get poor stuff.

Originally Posted by devongarver
I had to lol at this thread...I have a full SLP exhaust, and I paid a mint for it compared to a summit exhaust, but its completely modular, completely stainless, and a very good quality setup.
OP- you can find SLP products cheaper on ebay, just gotta look. That's where I buy most of my stuff. The SLP X is nice because as stated previously it is modular, and you can swap from cats to not cats very quickly.
thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i had to laugh at this thread for a min. some of the replies are just a lil
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by black35th
Who the **** died and made you a mod?

All that they are trying to do is help the guy not spend so much money on something that can be had for less. Sounds to me like the OP needs to get over his phobia of not wanting to be like everyone else and to be unique and blah blah blah. No matter what you do to these cars, you can bet that someone else within probably 20 miles of you has done the same thing.

If you want to be unique then find a Pinto and put a LS motor in it. I'll bet not too many people have done that....
Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but it pisses me off to see a newb get chewed over something stupid. He wants a full slp setup, period. Using your argument, if someone came on and said they wanted hooker headers, just wasn't sure where to find them the cheapest, would you seriously try to turn them to BBK chrome just because its a cheaper brand? And reason #1 I didn't buy ******masters is because everyone and their brother has em. It is his decision to buy full slp, not your place to push him off of it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but it pisses me off to see a newb get chewed over something stupid. He wants a full slp setup, period. Using your argument, if someone came on and said they wanted hooker headers, just wasn't sure where to find them the cheapest, would you seriously try to turn them to BBK chrome just because its a cheaper brand? And reason #1 I didn't buy ******masters is because everyone and their brother has em. It is his decision to buy full slp, not your place to push him off of it.
seriously man...we were discussing different options for an x pipe which is not OT and you jump in late with no other previous posts in this thread and attempt to mod it. you are not a mod and you are bringing aids into this thread. you sir need to GTFO....now you can say this thread has gotten OT.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

ArchAngel, here are your two links:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/slpxc9...edium=Shopping
&
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....454.95~~~~~~~F

AM is def cheaper than CJ's. Ebay was only selling shorties ATM, but keep checking. The beautiful thing about this midpipe is that it is completely modular, so if you decide to get LT's in the future, you just take the midpipe apart and it becomes a shorty (which makes up for the high cost right there). Anymore ?'s, just yell.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

yea i guess the other great thing about it, is that it leaks like a ****!!!! modular systems sound great but usually never well enough not to leak. what will end up happening is you have it welded up and essentially have the so called "cheaper" midpipes with a $400 price tag and SLP on the side. listen to the guys who know what they are talking about, save yourself some money and go with the cheaper brand and put that money towards something else.

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
ArchAngel, here are your two links:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/slpxc9...edium=Shopping
&
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....454.95~~~~~~~F

AM is def cheaper than CJ's. Ebay was only selling shorties ATM, but keep checking. The beautiful thing about this midpipe is that it is completely modular, so if you decide to get LT's in the future, you just take the midpipe apart and it becomes a shorty (which makes up for the high cost right there). Anymore ?'s, just yell.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:47 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Red face

Originally Posted by JJ03MustangGT
yea i guess the other great thing about it, is that it leaks like a ****!!!! modular systems sound great but usually never well enough not to leak. what will end up happening is you have it welded up and essentially have the so called "cheaper" midpipes with a $400 price tag and SLP on the side. listen to the guys who know what they are talking about, save yourself some money and go with the cheaper brand and put that money towards something else.
Hmm. I dont have any leaks with my modular catted x-pipe from SLP. Maybe cuz i tightened the **** outta it? I dunno, i just cranked it down and tested it out and i could not hear/feel any leaks when i installed it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by devongarver
Hmm. I dont have any leaks with my modular catted x-pipe from SLP. Maybe cuz i tightened the **** outta it? I dunno, i just cranked it down and tested it out and i could not hear/feel any leaks when i installed it.
Same, my catback doesn't leak at all. think it is a PICNIC problem with others.